Urial - the irony

Galestion named his paladin Urial. I thought it was a funny name, and I always call it Urinal. Gale said that he wanted Uria (from Yu-gi-oh?) but the name was taken... so he put an L on the end for "later".

However, this week we discovered something rather amusing about his name.

urial
/ˈʊərɪəl/
noun
  1. a wild sheep with long legs and relatively small horns, native to central Asia.


So this creature pictured is a urial.

Firstly, Galestion did not name his paladin Urial because it was a sheep, I think it was a random name because the other name he wanted was taken.

Secondly, Galestion is from New Zealand. That he named his toon after a sheep, is also pretty amusing.

Thirdly, as an alt, his toon rank is already sheep.

For those who don't know, Australians and Kiwis often make sheep jokes about one another, due to the fact there are more sheep than people in both countries, and the notion that New Zealand men have sex with sheep (Kiwis say the same thing about Aussies).

**********************************
A tour bus full of tourists stops by a farmer holding a sheep. One of them calls out "are you shearing?".
The farmer yells back, in an unhappy tone 'NO, **** off and get your own!'

**********************************

An Australian ventriloquist visiting New Zealand walks into a small village and sees a local sitting on his porch patting his dog.
He figures he'll have a little fun, so he says to the Kiwi:
"G'day, mind if I talk to your dog?"
Villager: "The dog doesn't talk, you stupid Aussie."
Ventriloquist: "Hello dog, how's it going mate?"
Dog: "Yeah, doin' all right."
Kiwi: (look of extreme shock)
Ventriloquist: "Is this villager your owner?" (pointing at the villager)
Dog: "Yep"
Ventriloquist: "How does he treat you?"
Dog: "Yeah, real good. He walks me twice a day, feeds me great food
and takes me to the lake once a week to play."
Kiwi: (look of utter disbelief)
Ventriloquist: "Mind if I talk to your horse?"
Kiwi: "Uh, the horse doesn't talk either....I think."
Ventriloquist: "Hey horse, how's it going?"
Horse: "Cool"
Kiwi: (absolutely dumbfounded)
Ventriloquist: "Is this your owner?" (Pointing at the villager)
Horse: "Yep"
Ventriloquist: How does he treat you?
Horse: "Pretty good, thanks for asking. He rides me regularly, brushes me down often and
keeps me in the barn to protect me from the elements."
Kiwi: (total look of amazement)
Ventriloquist: "Mind if I talk to your sheep?"
Kiwi: (in a panic) " Don't believe a word he says, that sheep's a bloody liar.."


Comments