We can fly in Draenor soon-ish!

People say Blizz don't listen but they obviously did.
...we will be introducing a new meta-achievement called Draenor Pathfinder. You’ll earn this achievement in Patch 6.2 by mastering the outdoor environment of Draenor—exploring Draenor’s zones, collecting 100 treasures in Draenor, completing the Draenor Loremaster and Securing Draenor achievements, and raising the three new Tanaan Jungle reputations to Revered. Initially, this achievement will award a rylak mount: the Soaring Skyterror, one of the native beasts that roam Draenor’s skies. Players will remain ground-bound on Draenor until a small follow-up patch (6.2.x), when all players who have earned Draenor Pathfinder on at least one character will unlock the ability to fly in Draenor on all their level 90+ characters.
- Ion Hazzikostas 10/6/2015 
I know I will be happy with this as will a lot of other long term players.  I might get to do pet battles around the world again!  I think it's the right move, and there are many people who would have done all those achievements already.  Rep to grind!  That's something I look forward to... (/cough I haven't even finished my Laughing Skull or Arakkoa yet, but I'm ALMOST there!)

Ah well, I guess I'll start having more deaths from flying out to sea and being fatigued because I've gone AFK...

Come on 6.2!

Comments

  1. "Ah well, I guess I'll start having more deaths from flying out to sea and being fatigued because I've gone AFK"

    Oh, good, I'm not the only one that's done that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment has made me feel better about that Grimm!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to doing pet battles again and I won't even mind those AFK deaths anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I have missed flying around doing pet battles!

      Delete
  3. I am so happy to see that reason won out and there is one less thing blizzard is removing from the game. There are so many things I can't wait to do when I get flying. Great news indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That write up you did was awesome on how to get all the achievements done. For those who haven't seen it, it's at http://thegrumpyelf.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/guide-to-flying-in-draenor-becoming.html

      Delete
  4. I can honestly say that I haven't missed flying and didn't care from a personal pov when they decided there would not be any flying. I'm pretty sure I was in the minority there though.

    Tying it to achievements for completing all the ground-based content seems like the perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a druid I miss flying, but I do Ashran very regularly so I get to fly there and get my birdy fix. I think Blizz has hit it right on the head by responding in this way to the community commentary.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(