Minipost: My post 6.1 solution to get some money on a new low level toon on a different server

Just the title of this post sounds wrong. I am often found hopping around on different servers navispamming or trying to send ingame mail to people I would like to chat to about recruiting.  I hate doing low level quests to get my measly 30c to send a game mail, but there were other options available to me.

(yes yes I know it only takes a few minutes to finish one quest, but all that work just for 50 copper? PUH-LEASE)

Before 6.1 one of the best methods was to send across some of the stolen insignias (eg. Stolen Klaxxi Insignia) which dropped from Zandalari Scouts and Warbringers.  They are battlenet account bound and you could vendor them.  They were at least worth some gold which could get you started on a new server (or at least send some mail!).  When 6.1 hit then these suddenly had no vendor price which was a shame but understandable becaues it is now so easy to farm those Warbringers and Scouts. Well, I guess now I can make my toons exalted with those factions since I don't need to hoard them for the gold.

So now what can you do?

People would say put some pets on the auction house but they require a deposit which sucks if you have no gold!  So I don't think that's a great way of making money and it's not instant so that was rather poopy.

My other solution is very variable and depends on whether someone has dropped a Blingtron near me.  But that usually requires me to be in a large city and not a starting zone.

But I found a solution! The transmog gear that you can buy at the Warmill (from Grun'lek on Horde side) is battlenet account bound AND can be vendored for gold (or disenchanted for dust).  That was a good option for me because I have tons of Iron Horde Scraps and this is a way to use them.  Gloves, chests, legs and shoes can be bought with just the scraps (belt, helm and shoulders all need another drop token to be able to buy them), and they vendor from 14g to 30g.  So, a quick way to get some money to send mail or get you started, and a fine use for all that Iron Horde Scrap that seems to build up endlessly in my bag!

So any other tips for getting to a newly minted toon? I'd love to hear some ideas!


Comments

  1. I used to send the armor tokens form the island to new low level toons. 5 gold a piece, so not a great way to do it, but it's enough to put a rare pet or two on the ah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! Well at least those Isle tokens are good for something :)

      Delete
  2. For making gold from SCRATCH scratch, i.e. no BoA support, starting at level 1, I have 3 times tested bootstrapping with Herbalism/Inscription. I level both up just until I can make a pile of glyphs, then craft and post until I get a few thousand gold. It takes about a week. That's a nest egg that can be put toward any market, like flipping mats and raid supplies through the week, flipping transmogs, ect., resulting in a further exponential growth into 10k+ gold by the second week.

    Of course, caged pets make this obsolete for anyone already established.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(