So, what is a Liebster award? It means that the person who nominated you poses you 11 questions and then you yourself have to make 11 questions to ask 5 other bloggers, as well as share 11 random facts about yourself. So who is ready to be shocked to find out what I REALLY think? Here are Dahahka's questions!
How often do you go out to a restaurant?
It depends what you call a restaurant. Is McDonalds a restaurant?
But I probably eat out in a restaurant of some sort 2-3 times a week. We always have Pho (Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup) at least once every weekend and then take the kids for Japanese or dumplings for one other meal.
If you could design the next playable race for an MMO (of your choice), what kind of race would it be?
As I only play World of Warcraft, there are two races I would like to play which I find it hard to choose between. Naga is one of the races (putting armour on them would be REALLY interesting) and the other race I would like to see would be mantid. Why mantid? I just think that they would be an interesting addition if maybe there was a breakaway cult who didn't want to worship the old gods...
You have to spend the next year in a different culture. Where would you choose to spend it?
I would love to spend a year on Vulcan and try to learn to control my emotions. Not sure if I would want to keep them surpressed though, but I think the mind discipline is fascinating.
What kinds of things make you laugh in games?
Toilet humour. Dirty jokes. I find the outhouse and poo quests funny.
Is freedom really free?
Oh my. This will be TLDR.
In my opinion, there is a fine line between chaos and freedom. Freedom means little without discipline, without responsibility, without reasonable moral constraints, or without consequences. Freedom without these things is pure and utter chaos.
Every society has different constraints. But equality will give a better perception of freedom. If men can do something and women cannot, then that is not freedom. But that also goes for age, religion, sexual preference as well. And in our society you have the freedom to express yourself within the acceptable social/moral/lawful boundaries. If you want to express outside those boundaries, then you would have the feeling of not being free. However, being free to tell the world about your sexual preferences or fetishes is that the same as the freedom to kill wantonly because you enjoy it? The freedom to not immunise your child, or the freedom to walk naked in public. Freedom has a moral and social code and a burden of responsibility. Without those codes, society would be a bunch of craven selfish beasts.
Name a book that was better than the movie, and a movie that was better than the book.
World War Z was much more enjoyable as a book than a movie. And I wonder if I will be shot if I say that the Lord of the Rings trilogy was better as movies than the books. Tolkein may have been a genius in his time but there are a lot of gender inequalities in those books that I find it hard to relate to.
If you had no access to a computer/tablet/phone for gaming, what would you do instead?
If you are referring to what would I do for gaming, I would play card games and board games. But if I was not allowed to game at all, then I would be sewing, scrapbooking, making cards or doing something creative.
What is the best pizza topping?
I love any pizza that has peri-peri sauce on it. Is that a topping? It's on top of a pizza, right?
Do you think raiding is a net positive or a net negative for MMO games?
Raiding is overwhelmingly positive. I can't imagine that anything requiring teamwork should be a negative thing other than elitism rearing it's ugly head. However, people may think this is unfair but in reality, do you really want to be in a class where you are the best and everyone is holding you back? Do you want to be part of a team where you do all the work and research and organisation and people cruise along with your success without putting in the same effort? Raiding has close parallels to real life and learning to raid effectively in a team, also helps you with your teamwork in real life.
Favourite alcoholic (or faux-holic) beverage?
Mojitos. I can't drink much alcohol but I do love the freshness in a mojito.
What is the one feature you would love to see in your game of choice that isn’t currently there?
I wish I had more customisation with my character. I liked how you could alter sizes and weight/bulkiness in other games and that would be cool if I could do that for my tauren. I would probably like to make her into a micro tauren!
11 Random facts about Navimie.
- I would be a good Borg Queen. I dislike chaos, and I like order. If I see chaos I can't help but want to go and fix it. This is why I end up with so much work.
- I hate scary movies. I can't even watch silly ones like Scream or Freddy Kreuger ones. I am so terrified I can't sleep for days without the lights on.
- I enjoy birdwatching and would love to see an orange bellied parrot one day.
- I will never say no to a soy hot chocolate.
- I have never broken any bones in my body.
- I go to the cemetery in January to pick Bunya nuts off the ground so I can eat them.
- My favourite operation to anaesthestise for is excision of an adrenal phaeochromocytoma, which is a tumour that can secrete catecholamines (adrenaline like compounds). The anaesthetic and surgery is rather dangerous and challenging as you try to control blood pressure and the patients need lots of special monitoring techniques, and the physiology of the operation is not only logical but exciting.
- 101 Dalmations by Dodie Smith is one of my favourite children's books.
- I am a strong believer in early toilet training. I started toilet training my daughter at 6 months and my son at 3 months. It bothers me that people think it's cruel but dont' think anything of toilet training a puppy. Surely a human child is as smart as a puppy.
- I don't like being given cut flowers. I feel sad for the flowers.
- I've always wanted a pixie haircut but worry that it would look shitty on me or that I couldn't be bothered to maintain it.
So, here are my nominees! All my dear Frostwolves guildies who blog but are oh so quiet.
- McTacky from Just McTacky
- Luxy from Luxypie and Rainbows
- Arelion from Arelion's Realm
- Mabaho from Bikes Babes and Bytes
- Dragonray from Azerothian Life
And answer these questions if you dare!
- Who is your favourite villain and why?
- What sport do you wish you were really good at?
- Tell me who is your favourite Disney character and why.
- If you were granted one wish of anything you wanted, what would you wish for?
- What is the dumbest thing you have done in regards to your computer?
- If you had the ability to go back in time, who would you want to meet and what would be the one burning question you would ask them?
- You have won a Nobel Prize! What do you wish you won the prize for?
- Which would be more devastating - loss of hearing, loss of vision or loss of both hands?
- In World of Warcraft, who would you like to see as a boss encounter one day, and how would you design that fight?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you've said to someone you wanted to impress?
- You've been chosen to go onto a game show! Which game show would you go on?