Minipost: MORE reasons why I want to go to Blizzcon - Metallica!


Ok, so not everyone is a Metallica fan, but this is not about everyone. It's about ME.  And I LOVE METALLICA!

“We’re thrilled to have Metallica blowing out our speakers at BlizzCon this year,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “After two full days of epic gaming and intense eSports action, an earth-shaking concert is the perfect sendoff for everyone at the show and watching from home.”
Thank goodness I have a virtual ticket so I can watch it live and I can control the volume!  Blink 182's performance last year killed my ears so I am happy to be watching it in the comfort of my own home (with ready access to toilet and food).

I have seen a number of people on Twitter saying that there is a lot of criticism and negativity about that, but I have seen none of that on my feed - I have seen heaps of positive and excited people (and perhaps it's only because I follow COOL people who actually like Metallica, or because I follow AWESOME people who respect other people's choices and know that if you don't like it you DON'T HAVE TO WATCH/LISTEN).


Though there was a lot of expanding on that topic:

  • RIDE THE LIGHTNING - SHAMAN
  • OF WOLF AND MAN - WORGEN
  • DON'T TREAD ON ME - GNOMES
  • TRAPPED UNDER ICE - HUNTERS (or MAGES)

I wonder... do you think anyone in Metallica plays Blizzard games?  Wouldn't it be awesome if they did?? :D

Comments

  1. Blink 182 were just painful all round to witness. Definitely the weakest performance they've had so far. Metallica more than make up for it, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so! Don't you wish we were going to the real Blizzcon? /dreamy

      Delete
  2. Given what I've heard about hunters being broken in 6.0, I think Sad But True is appropriate for them. :P

    My take on other classes:
    My Friend Of Misery - Warlock
    Holier Than Thou - Priest
    The Unforgiven - Death Knight
    One - Monk
    Wherever I May Roam - Druid (thinking travel form here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree on the monk one but I think the priest, warlock and DK songs are appropriate!

      Delete
    2. I was thinking with the whole zen thing, becoming one with the universe is the goal of monks...my choices were based on titles only, rather than the lyrics. I also agree with Anon below that Harvester of Sorrow is much better for 'locks!

      Delete
    3. Oh man, you guys should petition them to do a set that is WoW-related, we've done half the work for them already!

      Delete
  3. Metallica = fantastic hanky panky music - they have awesome beats.

    I am so excited to see them performing, it will be epic!

    Staying Anon but you know who it is :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can guess who it is but I could be wrong! I also can't wait to watch it - though probably I'll be too hyped up and get disappointed...

      Delete
  4. Through the **Never** = When Luxy will heal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to clarify - When Luxy will raid heal! She heals PvP all the time :D

      Delete
  5. Also, I think Harvester of Sorrow better fits a Warlock!
    God that Failed/Friend of Misery - Shadow Priest!
    Broken, Beat and Scarred - Tanks
    Shoot Me Again - Hunters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, I'm always reading one side of something on Twitter. I see responses to some nastiness but have no idea what it is. I thought the choice of Metallic was pretty exciting and I'll be watching right here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the nastiness - maybe I blinkered myself to it. I'll be thinking of you while we're watching the same thing from opposite sides of the world :D

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Shhh, they have big enough heads already without them thinking every song is about them /wink

      Delete
    2. Nonsense! Warlocks are modest, kindly people, and we only need one title ... "Nothing Else Matters" :D

      Delete
  8. I hate metallica because they remind me how old I am. My friends and I used to hang out around the garage listening to them before they made it big. Still have some hand written pages from songs they were working on somewhere. Hey, we were young, we took everything they threw on the ground. I used to have so many broken drum sticks. lol

    Metiallica songs do have a great "battle" feel to them. I like to listen to metallica, megadeth, and my favorite man-o-war, while PvPing. It is great mood music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hate Metallica,but you LIKE Metallica! So contrary, GrumpyElf! But I agree, Metallica has a great fighting beat to them! Very Blizzcon!

      Delete
    2. I don't actually hate them, but hate that they make me feel old. :P

      Delete
  9. This made me buy a virtual ticket... it's gonna be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(