Raiding - The week of pain

So this is the week we're extending to have extra goes on Blackfuse.  People talk about it being horrible, a raid killer, the most painful fight ever... and yes it is painful.  For the first 40 or so goes I really had no idea what was going on, or so I thought.  But it's gradually started sinking in.

I'm really bad with my spatial orientation.  You know how I always pull mobs with my ass... well I am always trying to get as close to the sawblade to place another sawblade and I am so bad I keep clipping it and getting knocked back.  That has slowly improved though.

The laser when magnet comes out is also another problem.  It seems like only Morz can live when he gets the laser on him first during  magnet phase - the second laser is easy because you just run it around the outside.  But I am notoriously clumsy and keep dying... ugh, I know Nath feels bad for dying all the time, but I feel just as bad!

We did make some solid progress though, which is really encouraging!  We got it to 12% on our last attempt for the night which buoyed everyone for Thursday's attempt.  Luckily, restarts which were supposed to happen at 10 server time were pushed back till midnight so our raid wasn't interrupted.  Though, I was secretly hoping for a break!

I need to not be an idiot tomorrow and be more spatially aware!  And not die to laser and sawblades when I get it first.  Or let Aimei die when I'm running away.  Oh so many things to get right tomorrow - but I can tell you, everyone is pretty excited.

I'm also hoping we have 25 guildies to do Garrosh on Monday night at the end of the raid week.  I would just like to see everyone together and see how they go.  Fingers crossed we get 25 guildies turn up!


Comments

  1. Stalking blog as of now |3========D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chars... don't put that stuff on my blog! The next crappy ASCII comment will be deleted!

      Delete
  2. If you have a paladin, you can have them BoP the person targeted by the laser to shield them from the Magnet and Sawblade damage during the kite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balkoth, you know I don't have a paladin. Otherwise Thok would have been a lot easier....

      Delete
    2. Take your best warrior, give him a 2H mace, and tell him to be a good boy.

      Bam, instant paladin!

      Delete
    3. Balkoth.... I don't have a warrior either....

      Delete
    4. Um...take your best DK, tell him he's been a bad boy, spank him, and WHAM instant paladin!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(