A female tauren's thoughts on the new tauren female model


When Blizzard showed us the new female tauren model I must admit, I had reservations!  Though the model looks amazing, detailed expressions and more fitting underwear (tribal look!).


The hands and fingers do look a lot better!  But I feel like I've got a male tauren's face!  I do really like the angry faces!  And I now am a very muscular female.


I think my main anxiety is that it is no longer the same face that I've gotten used to for almost 10 years.  I think if I didn't play a tauren, I would like the models more.  I think it's like the undead models, and the night elf ones, oh and that gorgeous human male - as someone who doesn't play those races, I think they're amazing!  But because I have that special personal relationship with my tauren, I don't feel like I'll be looking at the same tauren when the model changes! Yes I know that I could just not turn on the new changes but then I'll miss out on all the other new models.  The other thing is that I know I'm not the only one - when Sev saw the new orc male models he too felt a bit of dismay because it wasn't the same face - and Tome of the Ancient too when she saw Sasche's new face!  But the change is coming, no matter what I do, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it, like we get used to every other new thing with each patch and expansion.

Comments

  1. Well, technically, you don't HAVE to use the new models. Can continue using the original ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I do that I won't see any new models! It disables for all new models.

      Delete
  2. I know, I thought they were all great until they were my characters, then not so much. I am fine with my Night Elf Hunter's new look though. She's different but I can see it's still her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do really hope they'll at least consider flagging everybody for one new appearance change when they're all released. My draenei doesn't look at all like herself either and it'll bother me even more when it's my main or one of the alts I play the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yeah one free change would be a good idea!

      Delete
  4. I think it's the chin that's too masculine. The old one is more v shaped, but the new one is kind of broad. I think the eyes are the strongest point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I keep looking at it I might get used to it...

      Delete
  5. I'm glad its not just me who thinks face is masculine and neanderthal ugly!
    My fiance and I had our first fight in 3 years over his thinking it looks great.. its 'new', body is 'sexier' and it can make faces. He also barely plays wow, never played Horde until one week with me.
    As someone who worked with cattle and livestock, it is NOT a cow face.Unlike the rest of the crazy sized races including Worgen who were once same sized no matter gender of human it was, ungulates actually are dimorphic genders in most types. Especially cattle. and the females have open , daintier features with large juvenile eyes. The pol, the horns, nose size, muzzle length the hooves even tail tail length are all gender affected. The artist could have at least studied cows a little

    I really like the retexture, but not full out changes. Subtly downsizing hands and feet to a reasonable size I am way into. And I can even appreciate the 'beefier' physique, I am a little leery of the color palette change and fear a future selection of this brown or that one. Mine was the solid red color. Red and Black are the default bovine colors, You will be hard put to find a crayon brown breed.
    I seem nitpicky; but after years of being butt end of "ugly wife" jokes in wow and wow machinima, and wow art? I think the mean Water Buffalo face and heavy brow are just another stab to make horde less attractive. I would say it planned except Gnome. Their model is like my model so when my gnome waltzes in with scary uncanny valley eyes and Lolli everything else? She is being rerolled!I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garimi ty for dropping by! My tauren is a brown grey colour so I am sure there are some customizable features I can do - this is just one of the configurations. But it is interesting what you said about cows having daintier features - I don't think I will reroll but I will spend a while fixing my face to something I am used to I think. I wonder if you chose your tauren's colour to match your hair? :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(