A busy Saturday including a guest spot on Behind the Avatar Podcast!

Yesterday was an awesome day for a lot of reasons - went out for lunch and had Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup (Pho) and had Yogurberry afterwards (frozen yoghurt), picked up hubby's new car (fanciest car we've ever owned so I 'm too scared to drive it), sat down to chat to Leeta from Behind the Avatar and though I was nervous, I had a lot of fun and forgot to be nervous and the whole hour just FLEW!  Then straight after that, like the bad parent that I am, I dragged my 4yo son and 6yo daughter to go watch the M rated X-Men: Days of Future Past with hubby and Lushnek and Eddings.  Naturally, when you take kids to movies you have to be armed with your usual pacifying tactics - we went and saw the 5pm session which is dinner time for the kids so I got them started with a Happy Meal (buys about 20-30 minutes), and we also got a mega tub of popcorn (buys you another 30minutes), and the kids did watch a little bit of the movie, but I try to save things like iPad for halfway through the movie when they start to really get restless.  My son is the bigger problem but he often sleeps through the movie if it's dark, but yesterday he didn't but overall he was pretty well behaved!  We also sit close to the front of the cinema so we don't disturb people in front of us with the kids talking.
+
+
+
=

After that, I had to quickly bathe the kids and get them in bed so that we could raid - and I got on just in time for Flex which had one of the best turnouts ever - almost everyone online was in the raid and we had 20 people and it went really well.  Funnily, like always, Garrosh always seems to go smoother than Blackfuse, and it even went better than Paragons but that was because I was being a turd and I lifegripped Exray's DK tank back when he was trying to tank mobs (because he LOVES running to pick those Paragon trash up when we're spread out so that we get leap bombed and die) so Paragons themselves just went ridiculously crazy with lots of people dying to ... I'm not sure what, but I lived.  Shame about everyone else....

Even a server and instance restart in the middle of flex didn't phase me.  Nothing could ruin my day!

Leeta and I had a good old giggle through the podcast.  Sometimes the funniest things happen when you're NOT recording.  We had a false start that started off my first round of giggles and we had to start the show again.  Also, I was saying to her how podcasters always have such calm collected voices that when you talk to them when not recording, you can hear the real them - I was thinking specifically Rho and Hasteur because they sound so exact and clear in their podcasts but when you talk to them they do get excited just like the rest of us LOL!  Fimlys and Hydra actually sound EXACTLY how they talk on their podcast!  Leeta to sounds really precise in hers but off air she's just as excitable as I am!  I had a listen to myself - gawd I hate listening to my voice, it sounds weird - and I say too many umms, and I am interrupting all the time /facepalm.  Gawd how can you listen to that!

If you want to hear me talking non stop about myself then go and check out Behind the Avatar Episode 48! Thanks to Leeta for considering me for her show, it was super fun to have a chat!

PS: It's up!  I am sure I got the links right... it should have been up when I made the post :)

Comments

  1. That does sound like a good day. I've heard good things about the movie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an excellent movie! Blink was one of my favourite characters in the comics, I was happy to see her in the movie and she looked and WAS awesome :D Maybe you can make her into one of your costumes - she has a night elf look to her!

      Delete
  2. I wanted to listen but it's not up yet, I'll keep checking. Hey, there's no car picture! I know, my husband's "new" truck is about a year old now and I still won't drive it as I'm afraid I would get a smudge on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am supposed to do my "personal" settings with the other key but I am a bit scared to get behind the wheel in case I scratch it or have a ding! I hope you can keep up with my super fast talking.... even I was a bit astonished how fast I talk when I'm excited.

      Delete
  3. I'll have to go listen to it when it comes up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no...what quotes will come back and haunt me when I log back in tonight for raid...

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(