1. When and why did you start blogging?
I started in January 2010, when all I wanted was to make a BIS gear list for my druid that I could cross off.
2. What inspires you to keep blogging?
I love writing. I used to like writing diaries when younger, and now I think of blogging as my way of remembering things that happened in game. I may not have a huge readership, but I’ve made great friends along the way.
3. What do you look for and appreciate in the blogs you follow?I love to hear the voice of the person behind the blog, and that I feel like I’m talking to them. When people reply my comments on their blog, I tend to like their blogs better as it feels like they enjoy talking to me – so all my favourite blogs are people that reply to every comment that is made on their blog.
4. If you had to describe yourself by comparing your personality to a game character/race, what character/race would that be?This is dreadful, but I think I have the personality of a gnome. I’m a little bundle of energy and excitement almost all the time. The horde part of me is disgusted.
5. What are your all time top 3 favorite PC/console games?My favourite game is WoW, but other games that I loved a lot were Simcity and Heroes of Might and Magic.
6. What PC/console games are you enjoying at the moment?I play WoW and Hearthstone, but I also play Disney Infinity with my daughter on PS3 sometimes. I don’t really like it though.
7. Do you enjoy playing any non-digital games?I LOVE board games. Pictionary is my favourite board game, but Monopoly and Bananagrams are also much enjoyed!
8. What do you like to do in your spare time when you’re not gaming or blogging?I love making things. I do cross-stitch, scrapbooking and cardmaking. I also like to sew theatre scrub hats for myself.
9. If you could spend a day in any fictional world (from any game, book, movie and so on), what world would you pick and why?I would have thought I would choose Azeroth, but actually, if I had to pick somewhere, it would be on the Starship Enterprise (new version with Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Karl Urban).
10. What season of the year is your favorite?Autumn. Winter is too cold, Summer too hot and Spring gives me hay fever.
11. If you could magically learn any language in the world, what language would you learn?I would like to be fluent in Arabic. Hardly any Asian people speak Arabic!
Edit: Omg sorry I didn't realise it was white font on yellow highlight! OMG who could READ that... fixed now!
Edit 2: OK I get it now! Noritam wants me to do the questions she was given - which means I'll do the questions Ancient set!
1. How long had you been playing WoW when you realized it was not a passing fancy but true love?
I think it was after the first 10 days. Cymre gave me the 10 day pass and I played it and hubby played it and we were fighting over whose turn it was to play so that's it! Out we went and got two accounts. And I've never stopped....
2. Are you a screen shot taker and if so guesstimate how many you still have.
I have a lot of screenshots. I take screenshots of stupid things. At a guesstimate I think I have about 2000, but I could be wrong, since I do clean it up once every blue moon. Now that I do comics as well I take lots of screenshots of items in game to use in comics.
3. What is your favorite zone and why?
Arathi Basin! Kill alliance, hold a base, and annoy people by healing myself so they can't kill me. Haha!
4. What are you most looking forward to or dreading about Warlords?
I have both! I am looking forward to seeing Durotan, the leader of Frostwolf clan (for which my guild is named)and his mate, Draka, who sounds like an awesome character. And everyone knows what I am dreading... LEVELLING. UGH.
5. Who is your favorite non-essential character in-game? A favorite repair guy or an auctioneer that you always must deal with.
I may not have a favourite non essential character, BUT I always choose the one on the right. I always go to the auctioneer on the right, the banker on the right, or even if I have to pick a mount in an instance (eg Grim batol, ToC) I pick the mounts on my right... weird, I never really thought about that before. Huh.
6. When I started my blog I was too scared to comment on others. Blog Azeroth Thanksgiving Event 2011 changed that for me. Is there an event or blogger that made you feel comfortable commenting on blogs?
That event was the same for me too! That's how I met Tome of the Ancient, Erinys and JD Kenada - all from that event! After that, I was more comfortable chatting to people.
7. Do you have any strange WoW quirks? For example I seem to think the harder I hit the keys the more forceful my attacks are. I know … but it can’t hurt.
I have that problem with clicking the mouse when I'm pet battling. I know it's not my turn yet, but still I click on the first attack maybe thinking my turn will come faster... Oh, and jumping. I am always jumping. I blame Sev for that.
8. Do you have WoW themed things in real life? Example.
I don't really, but I have lots of WoW paraphernalia like toys, cards and artwork. I am a sucker for WoW custom artworks and I have a lot of commissions of my characters and my friends done!
9. Are you lucky enough to have real life friends or a spouse who plays WoW too or are you bravely going it alone?
Cymre plays, hubby used to play, and a lot of my guildies started out as virtual friends are now real life friends. Oh, and I have a bunch of people at work that I found out play WoW, and that's our talking point these days!
10. Do you still find surprises in-game that you didn’t know were there? I recently saw someone selling a Wine Glass. How did I miss that! My bank alt needs one!
I get that with every pop culture reference I find in game.
11. Finally, do you think you’ll still be here when they pull the power and turn off the lights? I know I will.
Be here where? You mean in game? Or blogging? I think that I will be one of those old fogies who will be playing the game till I'm a grandmother - I can see it now, they'll be talking about those people who played World of Warcraft for 25 years and it will be people like ME they're talking about. And as long as I play, I will be blogging. Because I am scared of that day when dementia kicks in and all those wonderful memories I had of this game will be lost... but they won't be lost because they will be here on this blog!