The things children say - about World of Warcraft

Some people may think of laptop raiding as a really terrible way to raid, but the other version of laptop raiding is having your child sit on your lap, unable to sleep, whilst you are raiding.  My son and daughter love watching me play WoW, but since I'm always sneaking off to play after they all asleep, the times they get to watch are few and far between.

Last Saturday, my son had napped during the day so he was not sleeping by raid time and he followed me downstairs when I was doing Flex.  We started at Blackfuse and he shouted "Airport!" because this is what he saw:

This is not my pic, but you get the idea...
The moving conveyor belt reminded him of the airport luggage carousels.  I had to laugh.

Then we went on to Paragons, and he saw Kovok.  "Mama, crab!" he yelled, pointing at Kovok.  I've never thought of Kovok as a crab!

It's not the first time he's come up with some interesting analogies.  One time when we were doing Immerseus, he yelled out "Mama!  Smurf!"  Well, it is blue, after all...


But I thought this drawing by my 6 year old daughter on Monday was really cute.  Her father thought it was a badge of shame (and I think, so did my sister and brother in law), but I looked at it and thought it was really cool!

Why would they think it was a badge of shame?  I think because they thought "So this is how your daughter sees you? As a game playing addict?"  In truth, my daughter hardly sees me play - she knows I go to play after she goes to bed, and it's like some secret fun thing that she wants to be a part of.  On Saturdays she tries to stay up late so she can sit and watch me play (usually when her dad is out or away from home) and maybe even get a turn at playing my toon.  Sometimes I play on Sundays during the day so she can have a run around.  Navimie (and the person behind Navimie) get some love in this pic!  I wish I didn't have such a pot belly though.... but look - I'm HAPPY playing World of Warcraft as shown by this pic!

Comments

  1. that is adorable Navimie! it says "Mama" and the end is "World Warcraft" hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe thanks Amerence! I think it's super cute!

      Delete
  2. Naww, that is adorable! I'd much prefer this picture over the one my five year old did where I had supposedly fallen over and he and his dad were laughing at me. Now THAT is shameful. My son thinks I'm a clutz! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your son gets his drawing skills from his dad....

      Delete
  3. That is completely awesome. Everytime Sprocket draws me, I'm either in or next to a rocket, because I love rockets LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you expect from an engineer? :D Who even nicknames their child after an engineering... THINGY :P

      Delete
  4. Heh. I loved those years.

    All too soon, they'll be doing the pull ahead of you, and you'll be grumbling about how they never give you a chance to refresh mana. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I was so looking forward to those days! I suspect though my daughter will play some kind of ranged - probably a hunter or mage - with a pet.

      Delete
  5. I can't wait for my little one to draw pics for me. I wouldn't be surprised if he drew something similar. I don't see how it is shameful, every one deserves some "me" time, especially after being mommy and a spouse (or partner) as well. The fact that you do it after they go to bed (most of the time... I know how late night sessions with little ones go haha) just shows that you are a dedicated parent, it's not like there is neglect involved. I never understood why gaming takes such a bad spotlight as a hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reihyou, thank you for visiting my blog! I didn't know you had little ones - though I did know you had a partner because your Liebster post had two dual screen desks set up side by side so I assumed you had a play buddy. I'm not sure how old your little one is, but trust me I am sure you will be beaming with pride the first time your little one squeals in excitement as they mine their first ore or pick their first herb :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(