Leibster Awards!

Zeirah of A is for Azeroth and Z is for Zeirah tagged me for a Liebster award - which I had to do some searching to see what it was - and found that I can use this cool little badge thing because I got a Liebster award!


So, I'm going to steal the description of what this is going back through the chain of passing...
“Well, it is only an AWESOME award given to up and coming bloggers. Given by other up and coming bloggers. It’s a cool way to find other blogs and feel like you are getting into the blogging stratosphere. It is simple, you get nominated by someone else, mention their page and a link to their blog in your Liebster Award Post, answer the 11 questions they give you, then tag 11 other nominees and give them a new set of 11 questions to answer.”
So here are Zeirah's questions:

What is your favourite zone in wow?
I used to say it was Nagrand, and then I said it was Jade Forest.  But I think my favourite zone in WoW would actually be Arathi Basin.  It is rare for me not enjoy my time when I'm in that battleground - even if we're losing!  But then, it's probably because I rarely go in solo, and usually teamed up with my PvP friends, so it's always fun to hang together, and if we're losing... well it's time to go pick on some hapless alliance toon who was annoying the crap out of me during that battleground.

What is your idea of a perfect day?
Getting up in the morning after a night of uninterrupted sleep, the kids eat their breakfast and go to school/daycare and I've got the day off to spend playing uninterrupted WoW, with a big glass of Ribena, and giant packet of maltesers, and everything in WoW going my way! Then I'd pick up the kids from school, and hubby would bring home yummy takeaway and we'd all eat it and finish off with ice-cream and then after usual homework etc and shower, the kids will go to sleep by themselves, I'll go raid every boss will be a one shot and we'll get a new boss too AND I'll get some loot!

If you could be any npc, who would it be and why?
I would be Mylune! Because she makes me laugh and she loves clutching things to her bosom.

Aside from food, water, and shelter, what one thing could you not go a day without?
The internet.

Why do you blog?
I like writing.  It's a great outlet for all my pent up joys, frustrations and pressured thoughts that get jumbled up in my head.  Writing it out is therapeutic, and also a great way to record and remember the time in this game that I love so much.

What would you tell a brand new wow player about the game?
Hmm tough one.  I'd tell them that Icy Veins is a great place to go learn about everything if you needed a one stop shop for things about your class, and dungeons and raids.  And that the key to happiness in this game is to enjoy what you do and not let others get you down.  And a good support network (like a guild) also helps to make the whole game more enjoyable.

If you could pick any theme for the next expansion what would it be?
In a word - Amazons. Or whatever the Azerothian equivalent is.  Though maybe people will feel bad beating up on a bunch of girls and killing them all the time, and I can understand that, because to some people, it would be like how others feel about killing children in the game.

What is your favourite mount?
My Vicious war Wolf.  It is extremely appropriate for someone in the guild Frostwolves.  It looks better than a Frostwolf Howler which is in need of some model updates...

What cheers you up?
Writing on my blog.  Cuddles from my children. Chocolate.  And finding out I have a new comment on my blog - bonus happiness if it's someone I've never seen before and I can track them down so I can learn more about them!

Glass half full or half empty?
Half full!

Whats your favourite thing to do in wow?
Raiding, I think. I love the teamwork, and my guildies and it's challenging.  And it's only for 2 hours, 3 times a week, so I don't get sick of it.

So, who am I going to choose?  I don't think I will burden more than 7 people (this number was chosen because my blog is the Daily Frostwolf, and there are 7 DAYS in a week - totally random), so here are my seven victims:

Bubbles of Mischief - oops she was tagged by Reihyou!
Sugar and Blood - Damnit, she was tagged by Cymre
Tome of the Ancient
Luxypie and Rainbows
Just Mctacky
Zwingli's Weblog of WoW
Azerothian Life - Damnit, another one tagged by Cymre!
Bikes Babes Bytes
Frost and Claws
Doctor in Progress

And here are my questions!

  1. If you worked for Blizzard in the WoW department, what job would you like to do?
  2. If any of these races became playable, which would you choose and why - Murloc, Naga, Ogre?
  3. What has been your greatest frustation in WoW?
  4. If you could design a Children's week orphan - what places would you take he/she to visit?
  5. Name an item of clothing/weapon that you wish there was an in game equivalent of for transmog (eg Tinkerbell's dress).
  6. Do you prefer donuts, bagels or muffins? And any particular flavour?
  7. If you could have any car in the world - what car would you drive?
  8. What item do you want in game the most?
  9. Tell me WHY you like your favourite three blogs! Ok that's not a question...
  10. What is the BEST thing Blingtron has given you?
  11. Tell me about your most cringeworthy moment (doesn't have to be WoW).
Edit: Ancient reminded me that I am supposed to provide 11 random facts about me! Ok... well I warn you they are very random!
  1. I am a big fan of collector and limited edition Lego, especially Star Wars and now the Creator buildings series.  My biggest collector (and most expensive) collector pieces are: Taj Mahal, Millenium Falcon and Carousel.
  2. I am a sucker (pun intended) for vampire, paranormal and historical romances.
  3. I don't like fried, scrambled or boiled eggs. Omelettes are ok.
  4. My favourite flavour of frozen yoghurt is taro.
  5. I didn't have an engagement ring, I asked for a diamond as a pendant instead, and that is the only jewellery I wear.
  6. At work it is a well known fact that I play World of Warcraft.
  7. I am an eclipse chaser.  I love solar eclipses and I have seen 3 - Ceduna (South Australia 2002), Turkey (2006) and Port Douglas (Queensland, Australia 2012).
  8. My oldest friend in the game is actually Mabaho of Bikes Babes Bytes - he and I went to high school together. Cymre of Bubbles of Mischef is my next oldest friend, we lived in the same university accommodation (and she introduced me to WoW in 2005).
  9. I like talking to random people around me in game.  If they have a nice transmog, or are asking questions in trade, standing at the same pet battle master or have a cool title, I will whisper them or emote them.
  10. I am a slug with an aversion to exercise.
  11. I have a crush thing for the actors who play villains like Benedict Cumberpatch (Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness), Michael Fassbender (Young version of Magneto in X-Men) and Tom Hiddleston (Loki in Thor/Avengers). They also do great impressions! 

Comments

  1. I admit I had to look up Mylune and haha on the tags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot Mylune?? OMG she is a classic :P

      Delete
  2. I got picked! Crap, I got picked, now I'll have to try and answer this and hope I can find 11 people to tag :P I'm going to have to do my best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do what Zeirah did - just choose people and let them decide whose questions they want to do! Haha so many people are like that - YAY I got picked! Oh wait, CRAP I got picked...

      Delete
  3. Thanks for picking me, Navi! Now I need to go think about those answers!!!

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you guys, where's the 11 random facts about you. Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Navi. And great idea about not worrying about the blogs already tagged. Otherwise I'd be really stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the pick. I've done my reply to your questions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your idea of a perfect day. I definitely took all those small things for granted pre-parenthood!

    PS High five, fellow slug ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your answers to the questions and especially love your random facts. You are just too darn adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(