Guildleader Chores - Kyxyn steps down

So what happens when your friend, who is the raid leader and main tank tells you he is going to step down from raiding for health and family reasons?

"What, you can't leave me!  Oh gosh what do I do now..."
You can't say much, except that as his friend, you understand and support his decision, but he will be missed!  Yes, my dear raid leader Kyxyn dropped a bombshell on me before raid that left me speechless for about 15 minutes as my mind raced over what I was going to do next.  He did say he would still come to Flex, and perhaps I will milk that for all it's worth :) I think that having Kyxyn there for Flex helps make the whole thing run smoothly.  I'm sure with Aimei there it would be fine too but he's not as vocal as Kyxyn, so I would have to do more talking... heaven forbid.

He said he would stick around for a week as we try to tidy things up and organise things. And then I started thinking about who I would get to replace him.  Well, there's Asys and there's Owl. Oh man, if either if them is tanking means I'll be down a potential healer... oh man. Tacky's been stepping up - I could ask him!

"No back up healers... OMG... who can I ask... I'm getting dizzy..."
It's not so bad, really. We do have a lot of DPS spare lying around.  Just not so many healers and tanks. Ugh... does that mean it's recruiting time again?  I have tanks for WoD working their way up the ranks.

"Is it RECRUITMENT TIME AGAIN???"
I'm going to miss Kyxyn. Oh I know, he'll still be around, but somehow it won't be the same.  Kyxyn had a similar ideal to mine when it came to this guild - and actively tried to maintain that with me.  He was someone I could rely on when it came to looking at a new candidate and looking at their potential and their goals and gauging their abilities and their WoW ideals, and whether they would fit in here. I hope he realises just how much I valued his opinions and suggestions.


Raiding will still go on, but Kyxyn had an authoritative presence - that could be the teacher exerting itself - and for me, it added structure and discipline to our raids. I am not a raid leader as my explanations are child-like and simplistic punctuated with a lot of "thingies", "swirlies", "bad stuff", and I'm sure, like always, Kyxyn will be back - we just don't know when, but I don't think it will be for at least a year. Sigh, that's a big hole in my guild heart to fill!



Comments

  1. I know it is serious, but I couldn't stop laughing at the gifs. Sorry Navi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it's ok Tacky, I chose them because they make me laugh :)

      Delete
    2. I felt the same way! Hey, the only way to get through pain sometimes is to find a laugh…sorry about this Navi

      Delete
    3. (and they are "thingies" and "swirlies" --I would totally understand your descriptions!

      Delete
    4. yay! Someone understands me!

      Delete
  2. I am going to keep posting this until it actually posts.... :( This makes me sad..You have plenty of capable people in the guild Nav, and you know I will be there to help you in any way I can, I don't have any heroically geared toons, but I will always offer my pally/warrior to tank or my mage if someone else steps up for you to replace DPS...

    I will miss him as well, and I have only done Flex with him, family/health are always very important reasons to take a step back.

    Love and hugs

    Dragonray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I have plenty of great guld members! :D
      Just wanted Xyn to know that he was appreciated and I had been hoping you would raid next expansion and join in the craziness of a Frostwolves raid! I am hoping Xyn still comes to flex, so you might not notice any difference - Flex is always the fun part of Frostwolves raiding imo :)

      Delete
    2. Dude, I want to raid NOW!!! Not next Xpac :p LOL..Although I do want to do that as well :p

      Dragonray

      Delete
    3. Your wish may come true sooner than you think Dragon!

      Delete
    4. Oh, you are such a tease!! :p hehe

      I am just glad I will be around on Saturday for Flex..we should do something special for Xyn as a farewell, cake and fireworks and dancing on dead corpses :)

      Dragonray

      Delete
  3. awww that crying Kitty!!!! Surprised you didn't find a puss in boots gif I'm sure Xyn knows he was appreciated! And there is NOTHING wrong with you doing more talking! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Faith! But contrary to popular belief, I don't actually like listening to the sound of my own voice! :)

      Delete
  4. "Rosh.. watch out for the blinking dots!" " WTF IS A BLINKING DOT NAVI?!?!

    :) you'll be right Navi
    -Roshii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure I said flashing dot thingies!

      Delete
  5. I don't know, thingies and swirlies sounds about right to me. Got to go, have to scroll up and watch the gifs again, they have me mesmerized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see, this is why we are friends, you understand me. Sheldon hyperventilating into a bag is STILL making me laugh.. and have sympathetic hyperventilation.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the thoughts expressed here.

    It has been so much fun, which has made the decision that much harder.

    I do think, Nav, that you and I are pretty much in sync with what we both think a guild should be, and its been great supporting you in that role.

    When I made the decision to swap to the paladin, I never realised how much I would enjoy it. I know this has been said in private, but I would like to say publicly how much I have enjoyed tanking with Hk. For whatever reason, I feel we have worked brilliantly as a team, and it terms of gameplay, that is what I am going to miss more than anything else.

    In general, I think FW have been working so well as a team, and its been doubly great to progress so well. I will miss all the raiders (although they may not miss my *awesome* (cough cough) ae tanking).

    There are so many more words that I would like to say, and my post reads so inadequately. However, I have taken enough of your time.

    Thanking one and all
    (I'll still be around)

    KyXyn the Tyrant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HK says that you were the reason he was enjoying tanking so much. Let's just say at least Flex will still have that guild feel to it if you keep coming :)

      Delete
  7. Did you make a post like this when I stopped raiding!?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You stopped raiding??? When did that happen???
      /grins wickedly
      YOU ASKED FOR IT!!!!

      Delete
  8. On the bright side, Normal & Heroic SoO are xrealmable now.. so you can have your friends on other servers help out as needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true! Except not many people who are raiding who are NOT saved to an instance and don't want to get dragged into our saves.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(