Anaheim Holiday Day #6 - Legoland

I should stop naming my posts Blizzcon Holiday because Blizzcon is over! This was our designated Legoland day, and in the US it's Veteran's day which is a public holiday, so there were a LOT of people!

Legoland is pretty kid oriented, so I was hoping the kids would have fun.  Universal studios seemed to be aimed more at the older child, as my daughter was scared by quite a few of the rides and my son could hardly ride anything.  I think my daughter could ride most things at Legoland and there were A LOT of rides.


Check out that back wall full of minifigs!

I was pretty impressed with the outside in general!  The Legoland hotel even looks amazing with all the Lego creations inside!  It was hard to stop myself from taking pictures of all the Lego creations, but there are some which are particularly awesome - the Star Wars section and the cities section.

Hoth (Empire Strikes Back)
Naboo (The Phantom Menace)
Endor (Return of the Jedi)
Geonosis (Attack of the Clones)
Mos Eisley, Tatooine (A New Hope)
Kashykk (Revenge of the Sith)
Impressive right?  I was totally blown away!  And that's just the Star Wars stuff!

Congress
Mount Rushmore
Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty

Sydney Opera house
Taj Mahal
The rides were actually a lot of fun for the kids as well.  The boat ride was well worth doing, and the kids also enjoyed a number of rides
  • Coast Cruise - boat ride around the lake and good for all ages
  • The Dragon - rollercoaster ride that was rather gentle but only my daughter could ride
  • Royal Joust - my daughter quite enjoyed this, riding on a lego horse and pretending to joust
  • Beetle Bounce - all ages, a drop from a height ride
  • Lost Kingdom Adventure - a shooting game from a train ride
  • Cargo Ace - sitting in flying planes, good for all ages
  • Splash Battle - Hyad and daughter did this and got WET
  • Junior Driving School - for ages 3-5, both kids enjoyed this
  • Sky Cruiser - for all ages, but had a long queue, pedal a plane on a sky track
There were lots of waiting stations where kids could play with Lego, which helped with restlessness whilst waiting in queues. My daughter said she enjoyed Legoland MORE than Disneyland!  I would definitely recommend it if you have small children - especially in a household that loves Lego.

Comments

  1. OMG! Legoland looks amazing!

    I can't even imagine the time it took to build any of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it took ages! Gosh I would love to see that stuff all the time :D Legoland is awesome, I wish we had one in Australia!

      Delete
  2. Forget going to Legoland for the kids' sake -- I want to go to Legoland so *I* can see all that cool stuff!

    Sounds like you are having an awesome trip. I hope it continues to go smoothly and happily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, sometimes I think that Legoland really was for me and not the kids! Lucky the kids loved it too.

      Delete
  3. I know where I'm going in a few year. I mean, TAKING THE BOY. Yeah...that's it....taking the boy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legoland! I've never been there either! Not even in Denmark. Looks amazing, especially the Star Wars stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby went to Denmark and went to Legoland which is why he insisted we go in US. I'm glad he did because it was really enjoyable and unforgettable. I hope you get to go one day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(