Anaheim Holiday Day #7 - Disneyland California Adventure

OK I gave in and renamed all my posts to Anaheim holiday, since even though I only have this holiday thanks to Blizzcon, Blizzcon really doesn't stretch out 10 days!  And it might stuff up searches through google. And people can skip over the post as my holiday could be rather boring for them LOL!

The kids had already been to the parks with my friend, so I was hoping they wouldn't be bored, and they weren't.  We started out our day with breakfast at Ariel's Grotto, where you can meet the Disney Princesses: Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty.  Breakfast was a lavish American Breakfast with pastries, fruit, and a choice of waffles, hot breakfasts or granola/yoghurt/muesli. Our table had a combination of all.



After breakfast we explored and rode the rides at Paradise Pier, including Mickey's Fun Wheel, Toy Story Midway Mania, King Triton's carousel, Jumping Jellyfish, Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Golden Zephyr and Silly Symphony Swings.



Bug's Land was really great for smaller children with most rides there good for my son.  We rode Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Francis' Ladybug Boogie, and Tuck and Roll's Drive 'em Buggies.


Car's Land was my favourite.  It's just like it's straight out of the Pixar movie!  The street layout, the signs, the scenery - it was awesome!  We rode Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Luigi's Flying Tires and Radiator Springs racers, and ate at Flo's V8 Cafe and at the Cozy Cone Motel. And at night, it was lit up, just like in the movie.






Mike and Sully to the Rescue was quite a good kid's ride, and Soarin' Over California was a surprisingly enjoyable as well.


The World of Colour turned out to be an unexpected highlight of the day.  I have never seen a more amazing water, sound and light extravaganza!  The use of water spray as a screen projector was really something different to me, and the music complimented the show so well - it IS Disney after all, and I do love all the Disney animations.  Each piece of popular and beautiful music was woven into the show - including the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Brave, Toy Story, Bug's Life, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pocahontas, Lion King and Wall-E.  The kids watched it all too, even though they were tired.  I was totally blown away, and even moved almost to tears because it was so beautiful!  It was a beautiful end to a magical day - and I have to agree that Disneyland does pretty well in saying that it's the happiest place on earth.


Comments

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(