Fix those Bloody $%#@ing coins!

This Bloody Coin debacle from the Timeless Isle just does my head in.  You may be forgiven if you DON'T know what they are because you have to go to find Speaker Gulan who stands around on the Eastern side of the Isle, looking out over the sea from a clifftop.

There is only one thing he sells that I'm really interested in - Vengeful Porcupette.  For an avid pet collector, you will do just about anything to get certain pets.

It doesn't SEEM that hard superficially.  Get 50 bloody coins, and you can buy it.  To get bloody coins, you flag yourself with the Censer of Eternal Agony and go out and kill people.  Each kill you get a coin.

But there are SO many catches here.  Things which make it ridiculous for someone like me.

You have to actually have the KILLING blow to get the coin.  Now how ridiculous is that as a healer!  Go DPS I hear you say.  Well... that's not very nice - how would you like it if I told you that you have to go tank to go get some special drop?  I can imagine DPS wouldn't be happy to hear that!

You can't go farming the same person for the coin kill.  They get debuffed for about 10 minutes which at least gives the poor person a break from being killed as it's an honourless kill.  Of course, if you are a person without honour and just want to be a bully you can keep killing them... but that's not particularly nice.

And on a PvE server, you won't have much luck finding flagged people. And if you're on a PvP server - well, then you have to contend with faction imbalances too.  However, one of the good things about the Censer is that you can kill your own faction as well (since essentially you are now aligned with Ordos and so EVERYONE is an enemy).  But, as I saw on my own server, one of my own guildies was attacking a flagged Horde person while my guildie had the Censer on and he was trashed and abused in general chat for doing that. So even then, you can't seem to cut a break - people are happy to gang up when they are the dominant faction but if you turn the tables and they get targetted, then you have sulky people.  Because nobody likes to be part of a minority, do they!

Typhoon Andrew mentioned on his blog yesterday that he saw people kill trading - he wondered if it was a rort.  However, that's how I have to resort to getting my kills - because there really isn't much hope for me any other way!  I just have to remind myself to trade at least one or two kills a day - maybe I will get there in another 2 months or so!

This is how I would fix the damn thing!

  1. Turn the coin into a loot like timeless coins, so that everyone in the GROUP can get one from a kill.
  2. Fix Fire-watcher's Oath so that we can use it in BGs and get a chance to get coins as a loot for kills that count as honour kills (NOT killing blows)
That's easier but still by no means EASY.  I understand that Blizz want to make it hard and it still is hard - but impossible is just that little bit too hard for even the most determined of players, even me!

Comments

  1. Is it only 50 coins now? I don't envy you Nav but at least you have friends to do this with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need lots of friends, even randoms will do it.. if you ask nicely! I only have 3 friends who let me do it to them :P

      Delete
    2. I meant to PVP with, not reap kills from them

      Delete
    3. It sounds good but it actually isn't, because I don't get any coins with all the dots/chaos bolts/wrath/frost bolts from the others trying to snag kills! I just keep them alive so they can get coins. And they're supposed to keep ME alive :P

      Delete
  2. I imagine the outrage would be deafening if the bloody coins could be use to buy gear, especially if it was at max pvp gear. Oh the cries. I understand now, and really feel for you. Kill farming via mates seems the only way,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky it's just vanity items, or yes there would be lost of crying. So I'm busy doing this rort thing. And you know what - it's actually REALLY hard killing fully geared warlocks who are standing still doing nothing when you're a healer... their regen almost equals my loldps!

      Delete
  3. I've seen groups doing it like this: One player syanding around flagged; they wait for someone to attack them, and then the others come out of stealth and get the kill. I think the whole thing makes more sense on PvP servers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually do that trick! You know, the flagged druid healer running around looking all tasty and squishy and as soon as someone flags.... BOOM out come the warlocks to smash them down :) My dear pvp buddies have a lot of coins with my help! /grin

      Delete
  4. Oh! Well, that explains it, I've only seen one so far on the AH and it was 75,000.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For all the effort I put into it I would not part with mine for less than 100k!

      Delete
  5. If you could see me out in the world I could give you 11 free kills whenever you saw me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would take you up on that offer Cain but yeah timezones =/

      Delete
  6. I bought mine, I didn't want to wait :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could even afford one, Ms Moneybags!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(