Treasure Island - oops, I mean Timeless Isle

I wish I was like Zeirah where Patch day is a  household holiday, and I could happily stay at home and explore all the new shiny things. It's so annoying how that thing called work, children and chores get in the way! /grin

On patch day, though I was rather busy, I kept torturing myself by trying to logon, which is not ideal when I had a busy day at work.  I would login, have to go AFK, die or get logged off, losing my progress in the Celestial Tournament and so I was DYING to go home and stay up late so I could explore what everyone else had been doing. There are so many things I wanted to do, it was like a Wordle in my head and I didn't know where to start.

James, the youngest member of our guild, has an enthusiasm that is so contagious.  He's been talking about flex raids and is really pleased with the gear he's gotten from the Timeless Isle, which included tier gloves.

Most people are on the isle doing thing, killing all the things, farming all the things.  There's even stuff for the bloodthirsty - there is world PvP there, which involves lots of killing.  The thing is, you have to activate the Censer of Eternal Agony (which you buy for 1000 coins) and then you become an Emissary of Ordos - essentially you become a hostile NPC to ALL flagged people.  The interesting thing, is that Alliance can also become Emissaries, and you can actually talk to them if you are both Emissaries with /say.  I thought it was awesome!  I can talk to Alliance!

Rares are marked on your minimap, and so it makes it easy to find one to hone in and kill.  However, they do die very quickly so you gotta be quick!  The rares are not faction tagged, but the Pandarian gods (Chi-Ji, Yu'lon, Niuzao and Xuen) are. They seem to cycle through regularly in order and you can reset them if you tag it and then run out, making the next boss start.  I struggled to get a group to kill Yu'Lon because everytime we started they would die, or I was flagged PvP from healing people and I died.  It took me the better part of a day to get a group that could actually kill it.  Poor Moopie - it's been 3 days and he still hasn't been able to get it, because no group wants to kill Niuzao.  There is also one more world boss Ordos, who can only be killed if you have your legendary cloak.


What I don't understand is why there is coin "bloat".  You know how stats on everything these days number in the 100s compared to the 10-20s that they used to be back in Vanilla, well that concept seems to have gone to these Timeless coins too.  Everything seems to cost 100s and 1000s and even 10000s and coins drop in massive amounts from everywhere.  Though, I do like looking for coins, it's like a treasure hunt, which is why the whole island is pretty exciting in a child-like way because I feel like I'm on looking for easter eggs or something.  Nests, crystals, chests, mobs - coins come from everywhere!  It doesn't take long to get the 5000 for the legendary cloak and doing the quests also helps with that too.


As if I didn't have enough rubbish in my bags, there are now a whole heap of vanity items that can be gotten which are pretty cool.  I've seen people looking like spectral pirates and meteors, and funny weather effects from using some items.  I don't know how many of these I can carry or keep but boy do I wish there was ENDLESS void storage.  Hey, that's an idea, I would buy THAT from Blizzard store!

There are so many pets on the isle that are drops from rares, none of which I personally have seen yet.  However, I'm not in a hurry, there is a long time to play around with that stuff.  I've been helping the others (and myself) get Shaohao rep which involves LOTS of dying!  So many of these elite mobs have one-shot abilities that it can be pretty dangerous (and stressful) trying to get around up there.  There is a mount at exalted, so I think everyone must be trying to get that.

Sev showed me this secret heart cave, down near one of the ships.  I thought it was cute!


I could talk about what everyone is doing, but I'm more interested in what YOU find interesting on the isle. Drop me a line or leave a comment!  Maybe I'll find some new things to do :)



Comments

  1. Ooh I haven't been to the heart cave yet. I've actually just blogged about how I wasn't prepared for all the excitement and the many things to do. I haven't even gotten around to doing the Celestial Tournament - I've been too busy running around looking at things, killing things, getting gear for alts etc. I have no idea how I'll ever cope with a new expansion launch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those blobs of soil can be looted for coins but I didn't want to ruin the pic! Hahah a new expansion - we will be busy for AGES once it's released after we finish running around like headless chickens!

      Delete
  2. I hope you guys looted the dirt piles. They drop coins too! As do the blue crystals in the cave near the tourney grounds.

    My favorite part is trying to figure out how to get to the items and chests that are hidden up high without an easy way to get there. Since I haven't even finished the first part of the legendary chain, I won't be getting wings any time soon so finding ways to get to places has been fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't managed to get an albatross yet. I should do that today!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, is that first picture how you look when you have the Censer of Eternal Agony? Or is that another effect?

    The heart cave is really cute! I should put on my Cursed Hozen Swabby Helmet and look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is the Censer - I look evil don't I?!

      Delete
  4. I keep fighting Hozen in a sunken ship hoping they have the key to the chest they seem to be guarding but no luck yet. The joke will be on me though if I finally get it open and there are like 5 coins in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is where that chest is?

      I have a key but I never found a chest.

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
    2. I still haven't found all the ships and keys!

      Delete
  5. There is so much to do on the Isle :) just when I think I've found everything something else comes up that I realise I have no idea about and I'm off exploring again. I found that cave but never actually noticed the rocks around the chairs, so cool that it makes a heart pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dirt piles might have been looted so that's why they weren't there, but it shouldn't be long before they come back up though if you're looking for a photo op :)

      Delete
  6. It is like that when you first arrive but that's the beauty of it. I noticed I was getting flagged just by using Cascade while killing the Celestials. I didn't mind though as it gave me some PVP kills and I didn't die from any Alli, just the Celestials themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's nice you didn't die to any alliance. I didn't die when I was in a group with Sev and Shab, but when I was alone a flagged resto druid is like waving a flag in front of a red bull.

      Delete
  7. That heart cave is soooo cute!
    Where is it located?
    I'm excited I finally have PVE gear lol. I played for like 4 hours today got a whole set of 496 gear, 2 rings and a trinket. My PVP gear will be jealous :)

    I have wasted all my coins on keys trying to get Bonkers. 75 keys later and still no pet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty poor with directions BUT there is this ship where you have to walk on a pole to reach a bag that's hanging on the end - it's near that ship but way down in the water, but it should be reachable in one breath, I'm sure.

      Delete
  8. I keep finding new things, and I've taken 8 toons to the isle so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(