Where Navimie is sheepish

Whoops.

Yesterday, I wrote a pet rambling post, and I mentioned that I had been trying to catch the blue carp.  I wrote that post at 4pm - I had taken my daughter to dance class and I was sitting in the car with my laptop.  I hadn't logged on all day.

That evening I was late to raid so I logged in and was summoned straight to raid.  After raid I went to the Isle to finish capping valour by doing the weekly summonable bosses.  Thank Goodness Luxy was there to lead us around because I don't know where anything is and I am always running in the wrong direction.  Anyone who has partied up with me and expected me to lead them somewhere knows this... it's often a running joke about "don't get Navi to take you anywhere or show you where anything is"... flying to Warbringers is a classic example.  You would think I would know where they are now.  But I am often in the wrong spot.

Another thing that I am well known for is my mailbox - or rather, my lack of checking my mailbox.  Friends of mine often have their stuff sent back to them because it's time expired because I have no storage space and I use my mailbox as storage.  And I get my stuff sent back to me from my alts all the time because I keep forgetting to empty their mailboxes.  I hardly ever check my mailbox - I am very forgetful.

So when I went to look at my comments on my last blog post I saw this:


Uh oh.  I had mail? And could it be... Kallixta had sent me ... a blue carp?

It was already the next day, I was at work.  Which meant, Kallixta had sent it to me before 4pm yesterday, I had logged on late and not checked my mailbox and ... omg whatan idiot I was!!!  I was itching for a tea break to go login and have a look and check my mailbox.

Now it's not like Kallixta to FISH for compliments.  I feel bad that Kallixta may have been feeling BLUE because I didn't acknowledge or thank him for the wonderful gift.  Not that he would CARP on about something like that anyway.  But it's my PET hate not thanking someone for something, especially something so rare and wonderful as a carp which I know is so time consuming to catch and too precious to give away!

Luckily when I logged on Kallixta was on too, so I could check my mail and thank him as well!


It's overwhelming all my good friends who have given me gifts this patch!  Pets have been pouring in, and I am grateful for them all!  Especially when they give me their only ones and have none for themselves - and here was Kallixta joining Tyledres and Ancient in doing that!  My eyes were almost SWIMMING with ... well, gratitude.


Well look at that, little blue fish can fly.  I named my little carp Aldonza, as it was Aldonza the timid who fished this up for me.

Thank you Kallixta.  And boy do I feel stupid for not checking my email yesterday.

Baaaaaaa.

Comments

  1. Yay! A fishy! I didn't know they could fly. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it funny a fish can fly but a dragonhawk cannot.

      Delete
  2. Haha, classic Nav. At least it worked out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling a bit punny too, eh Navi? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got one fish, than got two fish
    You only need a red fish
    because you got a blue fish

    Doesn't quite work as well as:
    one fish, two fish
    red fish, blue fish XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that rhymes rather well! :D I like that Tyledres!

      Delete
    2. Of course it ryhmes, I stole...ahem, borrowed it from the good Dr Suess

      Delete
  5. Oh Cod, it makes me Eel when people Carp and Whale just for the Halibut, with no Porpoise. I'm Net that kind of Buoy, Sea? I'm Shore tired of Gills in School with their Tails of Roe.

    - Keapon Laffin :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. When chatting with Navimie, my speech invariably falls to puns. It's like she brings out the wurst in me. Wait. Puns, not brings out the buns. This is no time for a barbie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only a Carp but Aldonza gave you the very, very, rare flying Carp! That was so nice, she's timid but generous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankfully Kalli didn't go POSTAL over it.

    And Kalli, light up that grill...nor wind, nor rain, nor sleet of snow can keep me away from a good bbq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah Thel not you too! You've got that pun disease!

      Delete
  9. Navi! You are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being an idiot often makes for hilarious moments LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(