Getting organised for a Guild Server transfer

It's decided.  And, I changed my vote from Caelestrasz to Saurfang, so now Saurfang is the winner.  We are moving on Tuesday to a new home.


I had to put that(found it on Paladin Dana), I found it hilariously funny, sorry for the rude word.  Oh this server transfer does my head in!  OMG, I have to change my banner and everything.  It's so weird, that Dath'remar, which has been my home for so long - has it been 4 years? - will no longer be my home.

There are so many things to consider.   I hear each toon can only bring 50k (or just under) on a transfer, but at least your void bank and bank items and bags come with you.  The guild bank can take a million, so I strongly suggest that those with more than 50k write a note to say how much money you are giving the guild bank so it can bring it across for you.  I wonder how people who are gold capped move servers.  And I hope that nobody gets banned from transferring large amounts of money around!

Conquest,Valour and Honour will transfer with your character.  The thing that I'm worried about with the transfer is that my quest log will be cleared - that's going to stuff around with my legendary chain!!  I  am up to Echoes of the Titans and I'm still collecting my Titan Runestones.  If my quest log is cleared... then I will lose all those, am I right?  I guess it isn't that hard to do again, but if any of the others are close to completing that part, it will be rather annoying!  And I think you lose your macros - lucky I don't have many, but I hope I remember to put them back on!

It seems like most of the active members of Frostwolves are going to move.  The raiders are going and Soultouched brought up an interesting point - if we're raiding, why are we moving?  But we're off looking for a tank, so while Sev is ok to temporarily tank for us, it's not his preferred toon, and kudos to him for stepping up to do that.  I saw that Conclave, the top guild on the server, is looking for a tank, so it's unlikely that on our super quiet server, that there will be any spare tanks wanting to come to us.  It is a shame that we didn't take advantage of the half price server transfer deal when it was up.  Oh well.  I have played with a few people from Saurfang and hoping that they might raid with us on their alts a few days a week.

When we move, the whole guild and its achievements and levels will move with us.  A level 1 guild will remain, at least a home for all those who are looking for somewhere to call home whilst we wait to see if in a few months when patch 5.4 comes whether this Virtual realms will join all the oceanic realms together.  If that happens then all those who remained behind can rejoin the main guild once we are all on the same Virtual realm.  I am half hoping that we don't join with Dath'remar because we will have wasted our money moving to a server... that we joined with.  Yet, I am also hoping we are joined with Dath'remar so that all those who couldn't afford to make the jump can be back with the main guild again.

One thing guildies will need to remember is that once the guild leaves, you can follow the guild to the new server and retain your guild reputation as long as YOU DON'T LEAVE THE GUILD BEFORE THE TRANSFER.  If you follow the guild master to the new server, you will retain all your guild reputation.  There is no time limit for you to follow the guild to the new server, so as long as you don't leave the guild, you can move to the new server and rejoin the guild with your exalted rep.

My guild is like family.  Gutsy asked me to move to his server so I can raid with him and his guild over there - I want to raid, but I don't want to raid without my friends, some friends whom I have had since Vanilla, that we make up the core of our guild.  The game isn't just about raiding (though it's a highly enjoyable part of my game that has been in a slump of late), and it's not as fun just raiding for a kill without the shared triumphant feeling you get with your friends knowing you've worked together for something.  Yes, I know, that these are all friends you've made THROUGH the game, and you can always make more friends, but these are the guys who have been there during your highs and your lows, your triumphs and your failures, and have been an integral part of the story of your character as it progressed through the game.  It has always been the social part of the game which has held me in it for so long, and to lose that would be a tragedy for me.  I know that if my guild for some reason dissolved and all my guildies left I would find another home and I'm sure I would make new friends, but I like where I am now, and everyone else is comfortable too.

OK, enough sentimentality.  I had better get cracking on emptying my mailbox, selling off all the extra crap I don't need, and trying to figure out what to bring from all my bank toons over to the new server with me.   Hell, I might even have to level my bank alt to level 10 so it can bring my personal guild bank with me as well so I can store all my crap!

Comments

  1. I vaguely recall I have kept my macros when transferring and keeping the same name, if my name wasn't available I copied the macro folders from WTF and renamed it for the new server. Remember to change any modifiers with your character name in them in game or they won't work (pretty fun in arena when you aren't healing yourself!) If anyone happens to transfer and forgets to copy their macros they only need to make a toon on Dath with the same name as the toon they transfered and the macros will be there for the new toon. (IIRC)

    I lost all of my progress/items on the Delegation stage of Tarecgosa when I faction changed on my Shaman. I still haven't gone to pick it back up again! Hopefully no one loses too much progress.

    I will probably be leaving the majority of my horde gold behind. I can use it on the BMAH instead of using my ally gold!

    Personally I am excited to get to our new home. I already made my bank alt and had Karn port her to Org! You will still be in contact with all the people you know on Dath and you will make lots of new friends!

    Toons need to be level 10 and guild banks need to be level 2 I believe to transfer. Put all of your personal junk in Frostwolves guild bank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and for anyone who is scared of the actual guild transfer process, you get a mail in game directing you to battle.net asking if you want to go with the guild. So at no point should you be unguilded on your journey.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for all those tips! It's reassuring to know what to expect.

      Delete
  2. I just transferred and was forced to rename my character, but I was able to get all of my settings/macros back just by copying and renaming the folder for my character on my computer. I am on Titan Runestones too, and I didn't lose any progress on it. The quest log transfers as well. Unless your alt bank guild is actually leveled it's probably not worth it to bother transferring it. Just sell the stuff and make a new one on the new realm.

    The way you transfer more gold is just to buy items that will sell on the new server. Just make sure it is things that you can sell easily. You can actually use the server move to make more money often times as you log in to the new server before moving and look at prices on the AH. Find things that sell for less on your current server and buy them and then sell them on the new server for a profit. The friend that I just followed to a new server said he made a lot doing that. Another way to move gold is using the battle pets, and you can do that even after the transfer. So if you didn't get your alt bank all cleared up before the move you could always finish selling stuff after the move and use battle pets to move the gold over to the new server.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a big load off my mind if the Titan Runestones come along! And thanks for those moving tips Cain :)

      Delete
  3. Currently Nerisella is a champion of Frostwolves without having done pretty much anything. I'm not sure it it's a bug or what, but it seems that since I was exalted with Concur when I moved, that reputation stayed with my character and converted to Frostwolves when I joined your guild. In saying that, I have alts that hit exalted really quickly since MoP released...even low level ones! If for some reason it does wipe, you should get it back incredibly fast.

    When Soul and I transferred, I loaded myself up with items that were dirt cheap on Blackrock but quite pricey on Dath. You can use sites like http://www.theunderminejournal.com to check out the prices and health of each auction house to decide which items are worth investing in. I myself haven't done it yet; I think I'll just be content to bring over what's left of my Blackrock stash.

    From what I have read of others who are gold capped and transferring to higher population servers, they usually invest their money in big ticket items like Spectral Tigers and the like, since they generally have the same price no matter what server you're on. That, or they buy a guild and transfer that.

    All this talk of gold reminds me, how many Living Steel Bars does that scrub Pally still owe you? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that scrub pally! He still owes me 7. I am happy you guys are moving with us, you guys add so much life to our jolly little guild. I really like having Soul that klutz in the raid, he provides much entertainment. I don't know why Blizz hates him so - even in a raid party of FOUR he still isn't in the video between Council and Tortos...

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the transfer frosties i hope the new home for you guys is great. I still feel sad that we parted our ways :(

    Falln

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're still on my realID Falln :) so you're never too far away.

      Delete
  5. Good Luck guys, I hope you find what you're after there. Is the guild still around in Khadgar, there's a trail of abandoned guilds behind you now :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(