Where Navimie is not Legendary

I am clearly not Legendary material because my latest section of the legendary quest was anything but.  It was more... a comedy of errors.

WARNING: Spoiler alert!  Contains details of the Secrets of the First Empire part of the Legendary quest chain!

I had just finished collecing the 20 Secrets of the Empire and the 40 trillium bars and was heading to the Thunder Forge with Wrathion.

The first bit where you have to make the mould and defeat the Mogu went ok.  I went into the scenario in my guardian spec like I usually do because healer DPS is pretty rubbish (a classic example is the scenario after opening up one of the sections of the Isle of Thunder and you had to DPS a boss who had a bubble that would reduce damage and it would take FOREVER as a healer to dps him down, even out of the bubble).

Then we went into the forge and I was pretty hopeless at trying to keep everything off the Celestial Blacksmith.  He died twice and I thought ok, that's it, switching to heals.  I should have just clicked the Anvils.  I kinda forgot.

So I switched to heals and then it was easy, and I healed the Celestial Defender who was killing the stuff for me as well.  Coolies.  Then I came to the last part where there is a big bad Sha with a crapload of health and the Celestial defender was helping.

I tried healing it and I ran out of forges to click when he cast insanity and died at the end.  OK, I thought, I guess I will have to go back to guardian again.

So I rezzed... and you are in combat straight away so there is no changing specs so I had a bash at it again as resto.  I tried to DPS it but health got a bit low and then there was insanity and I was a bit far from the next available forge so I died.  Oops.

Then suddenly, I was disconnected.  I logged back in but when I logged back into Navimie, it would immediately disconnect me.  I tried that 3 more times but could not get in. So I logged onto an alt and that was ok, so I tried again to get into Navimie - nope, disconnected.  Sigh.  I had 30 more minutes before I had to go out so I put in a ticket and hoped for a response by the night time so I could raid.  It would be pretty crap if I couldn't raid.

So I was on my little alt (shock horror, I have an alt!) doing a few quests and I got a response from a GM!  That was quick.  S/he  was very polite and kindly moved my character away and asked if he could help me with anything else before he went back to Booty bay.  Being the naturally inquisitive being that I am, I asked him why was he going to Booty Bay?  Or was it secret GM business?

"I like the sound of the waves," s/he said and I grinned and left it at that.

I logged back into Navimie - great, she was dead in Durotar.  I ran back to the outside of Org to collect my nicely deposited corpse (thanks to that lovely helpful GM) and headed back to the Isle of Thunder, and I had to start all over again.  GRRRR.  So I started off as guardian and decided to stay as guardian, determined to DPS this thing down before I had to go.

So I DPSed as best as I could and tried to take some of the heat off the defender by taunting it (also because if the thing isn't hitting me I don't have any vengeance so I hit like a wet noodle) which was ok until the meteor phase and I am running around trying to dodge stuff and heal myself up, but not doing it well... I hate melee!  I hate DPSing!  Needless to say I died two more times and then I had to leave to go out.  I learned the hard way that standing in that pissy little green healing beam will not counter the meteor damage so that hurt a lot.  I also noticed that the Defender regenerates himself when he dies, but it takes some time for him to come back - it seemed a lot faster when I was healing!

So, an hour later, I finished what I had to do and I was back again, starting from the beginning.  I decided I would do the entire thing as resto.  The first part when you are outside was actually easy as resto - pick up those overcharged lightning things and all your heals also do damage to the mobs as well.  The Mogu boss runs at them as well and picks them up so don't dilly dally on your way to get them.

I complained to Luxy that I was the suck as I was working through up to the forge again.  She said, don't bother healing that defender guy!  Just DPS and heal a little bit.

So I did that.  I healed the defender a little and healed myself and DPS's when I could.  My pissy little resto DPS seemed hardly worth doing and I thought how am I going to get this down again?  But there I was, using my last forge and I thought, well this is shit.  Not enough DPS again... 

Suddenly Wrathion shouted at me that the lance was ready and to use it on the Sha!  Where, where is this lance, I wondered, opening my bags in a panic.  Oh it's a button!  I clicked it.  "You can't use that on this target" it said.  D'OH! I had the defender targeted for some reason.  I targetted the Sha who was doing insanity again.  Do or die time!  I clicked the lance and yay!  The objective was completed and it was over.  Time to go stab Nalak.  Oh wait - time to go pick up my daughter from school.

I logged in later in the evening and Roshii was forming a Nalak group.  Cool!  So I went along, got ready to throw my lance and waited till Nalak was about 20%.  I got ready to run but the add came and killed me.  Damn.  Fail!!  I ran back but there was a cooldown on the lance so I couldn't use it again before Nalak died.   Damnation again!

After raid there was a Nalak group forming so I wanted to go again.  I asked Lush to heal me and so I got ready to throw the lance again, did it, the add came and I started to run, trying to heal myself as I did.  Lush forgot to heal me and I died again.  Damn it!  I ran back and the cooldown for throwing the lance came up just as Nalak died.  *BLEEEEEEEP*

I logged off in a huff.  Stupid Legendary quest.  Way to make me feel not legendary, you noob, Navi!  I guess there's no hurry, since I don't have a helm I can stick this meta gem in anyway.  I can just keep trying until I get it. Though... I would like to get started on the next part of the chain.




Comments

  1. I just did that quest the other night, on my monk. I caught some folks killing nalak, and managed to get it done. I have heard you can do that without a raid killing nalak by pulling him to the defenders on the stairs and letting them get aggro, then running from the add.
    That solo instance was pretty hard. I was expecting it, just had a friend go through it. But the sha at the end got me twice before I figured it out.
    Good luck, and hope the meta gem is helpful. I decided to download WeakAuras and set it up in hopes I would take advantage of the proc better, but it's still in the trial phase/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard you don't have to be in a raid so I will have to sit there waiting and then run like crazy! Thanks for the good wishes Dr.iP but that meta will be sitting in my bags for a little while yet... if I get it.

      Delete
  2. I wonder where the idea that you need to wait for Nalak to get to 20% came from - 'cause I heard a few of my guildies say it too. I managed to solo it on my paladin eventually with the strat mentioned above - pull Nalak to the Shadpan guys near the raid entrance, use the spear, drop aggro so Nalak starts fighting the guards (pally bubble ftw) then run like hell until the add dies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, I guess you can do it from the start - that would give the opportunity to try again when I stuff up! But this time I will run like hell!

      Delete
  3. You don't need to wait for a raid to happen. Just do it when he's not in combat although it took me two tries before I completed it since I didn't know what to expect. It helps when you can use something to draw aggro though and just kite the essence around a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can use a Luxy diversion, I will pull the boss with my face, pop my earth ele and run, while you use the lance and also run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I don't want you to DIE for my silly legendary! It's just me being a spazz!

      Delete
  5. Oh! So that's why you were on that alt! I'll have to see if I can find a video to see what you were going through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quest itself tells you wait until he is low on health. That's where the idea of 20% comes from. My problem with the quest was that the actual quest text didn't say anything about an add. It just said wait until he's low and then stay alive. I was healing a Nalak raid on my druid instead of dps'ing and didn't even notice that an add had spawned. I didn't know that you could do it without the raid either. I feel like more information should have been included in the quest itself instead of having to look it up or happen to know people that have done it. I've purposely tried to not read about the quest chain so that it is more interesting when I do it. So it was a bit annoying to hit the spear when he was low only to die and not complete the quest. It's hard enough getting a Nalak group on my realm that I downloaded this addon oqueue just so I could get Nalak groups easier every week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't even have to be in a group they tell me! All this advice was great coz I finally got it :)

      Delete
  7. If you can kite the spawned mob around for 10-15 seconds while Nalak is occupied with anyone else, you can get it done! So if you have a tank friend, you can duo it - I did this with an Enhancement shaman actually - throw the lance, run like crazy and spam as many heals on the two of you as you can (since you'll both be taking the crazy lightning damage). It's not easy, but it is doable! :D

    (or just wait for another group, haha.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how easy it was once I did it. There was a group going (alliance) and I threw it and then went travel form and ran. I wasn't sure if it would despawn or not but you were right. After about 10 seconds it was completed! Wish I had known that before lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(