Wednesday raiding - The roadblock

No Fue again, which means Falln is tanking this week - much to his chagrin.  And, there we are, up against the wall that is Council again.

Nobody wants to sit out, and since I have Tier from there, I don't really need it.  We discussed the one tank option that Shadow Rising does, but they use a paladin tank and we're not sure how to clear those 15 stacks and it can't be bubbled off apparently by our holy pally.  So not so easy with a bear tank.  So to my reluctance, we went back to two tanking.  Moo said to me that we had tried it before and it didn't work, but since then our DPS has improved so maybe we could have a shot.  But if people are reluctant, it's not going to work.  So after a few goes I sat out, made Lush heal, got Sabre to bring out a sporebat after he did his bloodlust, and went to go do something else - far away from the moans and groans of the raid.  I had constant whispers after that telling me that healing wasn't going well, that it was worse after I left, but I was a little glad to leave the nightmare that is Council behind to go do some arena with Sev and Shab.

At least Jin'rokh went well - no wipes.  Raked got Lightning-Eye Hood and Aza got Jin'rokh's Dreamshard.  Rosh sat out for Jin'rokh and Horridon, and the reduced melee showed a little in Horridon because poisons were going out and I was a behind on dispels.  I felt a little sheepish because Broll had been looking at my WoL and noticed that I was a LITTLE bit lazy with my harmony (bad Navi) and he told me I should be doing my tree and tranq and swiftmend on CD.   Perhaps I should put my power auras back up because I know in Horridon I'm so busy focussing on dispels that I hardly notice I have forgotten to refresh stuff.  I'm gonna tell Bish he needs to mass dispel more!  But, I did make a conscious effort to use tranquility twice...  I normally don't use it until the last phase. We did wipe once, and the second attempt we lost tanks but it went down anyway and I got Horridon's Last gasp (dances!!) and Falln got a tanking helm.

Fue left an ominous message on the forums about trying to find a temporary tank until he can come back as his wrists are really sore.  Unfortunately, where are we going to find one of those at short notice?  With Falln moving house next week and having no internet, raiding will hit a wall for a while until we can find a solution.

And... I need to work on more swiftmends.


Comments

  1. Ahhh...looks like some "Raid Annual Leave"

    Sabre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh, I don't want that! It makes us SOFT!

      Delete
  2. I actually meant 'recruit another tank', won't hurt to have 3 around when I do get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish someone would use one of their alts... or maybe I could tank up but 2 druids could be kinda ouchy...

      Delete
  3. I don't think we remove the stacks, we just rotate cooldowns on them.

    But then I don't play a paladin so I am not 100% on what Arv does or doesn't use.

    Sorry you guys had a bad week :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyss is right, I don't clear out the stacks (I don't think you can without having Malakk being taunted off) and eat them all, allowing myself to be frozen. We do rotate CDs on me, like Slice uses Pain Suppression, Zarm will drop his mushrooms and I'll pop either Guardian of Ancient Kings or Ardent Defender and trinkets right before 15 stacks. After that, it's all on the healers to keep me up, which they do a good job of.

      Delete
    2. I don't think we're as awesome as that! :) But if I can convince my teammates... we could get somewhere.

      Delete
  4. We don't clear stacks, we just rotate cooldowns when the tank gets frozen. Another option is to kite Malakk with a non-tank who has a taunt for the time that he has Frigid Assault active.

    The way Frigid Assault works is that it applies a stack every time Malakk lands a blow while the buff is active. So if you have high dodge, or if you run away from him for a few seconds, the stacks won't build up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok cool! Thanks for that info, I have to beg my teammates to do that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(