Wednesday raiding - Hard times


With Fue still out of action with his wrists, Falln had to tank up again.  I feel bad and I apologise to my guildies for being snappy and rude when I was given the responsibility of sitting out people, because I didn't trust anyone else to do it fairly.  Myself, Az, Sabre and Hwired ended up sitting out, with Hwired sitting out for the whole lot.  Roshii and Souglyy missed out last week so I wanted to make sure they were included (in fact it was the foremost thing in my mind) and when Roshii reminded me that he sat out, I was stroppy because I was thinking "I already know that please don't remind me, this is hard enough as it is." Not that we did much, we only did the first two bosses.

I can only comment for Horridon as I sat out for Jin'rokh, but it went ok, but Council was hard for Falln.  He told me he really didn't like it, he hated it, and I don't blame him, it's not that easy for a first time tanking it.  He was pretty squishy, and damage wasn't as high without Az or his spellpower buff.  What makes me feel even worse is that I took the Tier gloves last time, when I could have taken the chest, and on Nalak this week I got tier gloves!  If only I had a crystal ball - Roshii would have had Tier and I would have had a chest.

Anyway, multiple wipes were painful and we called the raid when Raked's flask ran out.  It was almost the end of raid anyway.

Whilst I was sitting out for Jin'rokh, I decided to try to vent my frustration with some Arena with Sev.  We were up against a mage and a disc priest.  I wish I had taken a different talent, because we did not have the burst to get them down, but they also didn't have the damage to get us down.  We were close a few times, but fears, iceblocks, silences were hell annoying.  I was using Nature's Vigil instead of Heart of the Wild and that might have been our downfall - and I was using the wrong glyphs as well /facepalm.  The match went for 30 minutes and we both ended up losing 12 points.  BLAH!

Without Fue this week, I'm not sure that we will get much past council unless we do some major DPS reshuffling.  I might sit out for Council and let Lush heal so that Hwired and Az can both get in.  Then I can get my PvP fix as well - and maybe some fishing (Yuuna nags me every opportunity about my fishing - both he and Luxy have all their carp now!)

Comments

  1. Choosing who to sit out is never easy. I don't envy anyone having to make those decisions.

    Cymre made the carp look so easy then Yuuna made them look ever easier! You can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh carp... I will never level those annoying things because they drive me nuts!

      Delete
  2. That is the really crappy part of trying to be fair. You try to give everyone a chance, but then the group composition and progression suffers as a whole because you're not taking an optimal set up.

    That was my biggest issue with relaxed raids. I wanted to give everyone a chance to learn to raid, but that meant some nights we couldn't even down Stone Guard. I'm so glad I do't have to deal with that anymore!

    I do not envy you at all /hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't envy our guild leader because that decision is hard every day! You have to have a thick skin, and he does it in a way that is often fair, but can hinder progression. It's hard for people to understand that. But I often have admiration for those who do the most selfless thing - sit out when there is something they want. I should be more like that.

      Delete
  3. A lot of people don't realise what it takes to keep raids going every week so I don't think you can really appreciate the effort that goes into it unless you've been there yourself - although some groups are harder than others when you consider what you have to work with at the time.

    You can't please everyone all the time but as long as everyone understands this, it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last line is the clincher, right Cym?

      Delete
  4. You know I lurk here reading the raid posts wishing I could comment intelligently but yeah, no. But I will have to tell Sasche her spellpower buff would be appreciated, she'll like that.

    I don't envy being the one who has to choose who goes and who stays, I think it's got to be even harder than being the one who has to sit out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your poor eyes! Reading it here and in game would be enough to drive you crazy! :D A test of true friendship my dear friend!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(