My Top 10 favourite companion pets

It was started by Swenyola and then Zeirah and Luxy did it so I can't resist any kind of list relating to pets. However, how do I list my top 10 pets? There are so many ways to list them, and I have discussed some of my favourites for battling and for looks, but I think I will take the sentimental route this time!

1. Baradin Fox Kit


I have never gotten one and I feel bad for all those foxes I had killed.  This one was a treasured gift from Tome of the Ancient which was made all the more special because it was her very own one that she farmed for ages for, and she only had the one, and she gave it to me - how many people would do something so generous as that??  A truly amazing gift which has it's own post.

2. Darkmoon Rabbit


This pet has a lot of memories!  Making friends with other pet battlers has benefits and the person who gave me this gift, Luxy, actually WON a Darkmoon Rabbit when I asked her to come to fight one cross-server, which was very exciting, and I felt bad that she felt like she owed me a rabbit, which wasn't the case, but when she gave me my own one I was very very excited indeed.  Of all the pets she has given me this was the one I treasured the most.  She has been an extremely generous friend :)

3. Gregarious Grell


This gift was the start of a great friendship.  Arvash gave this to me when we first met, and it was one of my first battle pets to Level 25.  I didn't want to name it after him because he might have thought I meant he was a bit of an imp, but his generosity has always inspired me.  It's great to have friends like him.


4. Emerald Whelpling


This was farmed for me by Roshii, and though he said it didn't take long, I know it would have taken me FOREVER.  I felt really honoured that he gave me one - it was one of those things I was never successful at getting and I remember how warm and happy I felt at the time.



5. Bananas

The first TCG gift I ever received, was from Moopie, because he really loves monkeys and apes.  He gave me this little fella who was so cute!  He's too cute to ever battle with, so I use that despicable Darkmoon Monkey instead.  I couldn't face the thought of him getting beaten, the poor little guy!


6. Thundering Serpent


My souvenir of being in that awesome guild, Apotheosis, on my pissy little alt, getting to chat to the likes of Jasyla, Tikari, Serrinne, Kaleri - this was my souvenir of my time there!  Though I had many invitations to other guilds to grind for the pet, I decided to choose Apotheosis as the guild I would grind it with - after all, Jasyla, who is my hero, is there so how could I NOT do it..  Phew, though, I hate levelling.  I won't go into details because I wrote all about it here.


7. Soul of the Aspects


This was part of a matching set for my birthday from Lushnek.  It was like a gift pack - matching pet and mount.  I even tried to make a matching mog for it but I failed - gold isn't really a druid colour, especially in leather.


8. Terrible Turnip


Nabe is another very generous person and gave me his Turnip - you know I didn't ever get an Ominous Seed till a few weeks ago after all that time farming!  My turnip has been invaluable in capturing pets.  And besides, what a cool vegie he is, so cute!


9. Aqua Strider


A joint gift from Roshii and Souglyy who camped this rare to get me a pet - in those days the Pandaren rares were heavily camped and even to this day I have never seen that pet drop!



10. Teldrassil Sproutling

This was a gift during WOTLK from a rogue in our guild, Shadevar, who played a lot alliance side (sadly, he doesn't play anymore).  This was before the days of account wide pets, and he transferred it across from Alliance to Horde to give to me as a gift.  I was really touched - all that effort, all those dailies!  I didn't know how to pay him back for his generous gift.


All images without me in it are courtesy of WarcraftPets.

Comments

  1. I love this sentimental list. It shows the deeper meaning a trainer can have with their pets and the people they have met along the way. In essence the true meaning of Pet battles, it is the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tacky! It's more about the Companion rather than the pet, is what I was thinking :D

      Delete
  2. What a great list! I know some of my pets are more special because of who gave them to me and I tend to not battle with them, just take them along sightseeing with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many precious memories. I love that most of the pet battle community are so thoughtful and kind to each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you told me not to be too sentimental! :D

      Delete
  4. Lol, that was a fun day. It's amazing how companion pets can create so many memories and bring players from near and far together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the ultimate gift and happiness bringer IMO :)

      Delete
  5. What a great time to look back and list all your sentimental treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it might change come patch this Tuesday!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely list Navi, you truly have some wonderful friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Euphy :) there are lots of great people out there - you included :D

      Delete
  7. Thanks for participating in this post! I love seeing what other people's favourites are! Such lovely stories for each one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great idea Swenyola and thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  8. I love all the stories behind your pets; each pet a reminder of a great friends. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(