Minipost: Making new friends

I always like to meet nice friendly people in WoW, and yesterday I was doing heroic scenarios with Moopie and Lushnek and I got a tell from an unguilded hunter, Skreedle, who was about level 20 or so.  They said "Hello Navimie!" and I said "Hello!" back.  I wasn't sure if it was somoene's alt who needed an invite.

It turned out it was a blog lurker!  Skreedle was a friend of Typhoon Andrew's and wanted to say hello so we had a chat and I went over to visit her and thank her for taking the time to say hello to me (and for reading my little blog)!  She told me she had found me via this post of Andrew's - a visit I remember very well.  She was already on my server so we chatted about kids and her WoW gaming, and she asked to see some of my fancy pets so I brought out some of my prized possessions to show her.  She told me how the panda cub was her favourite pet of all the pets, so I named it after her (also so it would help me remember what her fave pet was LOL).


So I invited her to our guild as social so she had somewhere to hang around, and a little thank you gift for being so friendly, so a nice big welcome to Skreedle to Frostwolves, I hope you like it here :)

Comments

  1. LOL! What a perfect Goblin name! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I hadn't even noticed - I am REALLY bad at RP names for characters!

      Delete
  2. Yay! New friends are awesome and new Frostwolves are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww Navimie! /blush. I'm enjoying being a Frostwolf! Thank you very much for having me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you commented! :D
      Thank you for the gift too! I will write about that in a later post, I hope everyone is being nice to you or we will smack the upside in the head!

      Delete
  4. This is what's so amazing about the WoW blogging community! :) Blogging about WoW and having the opportunity to meet readers and other bloggers in the game that we all enjoy playing is just simply awesome !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are still very adept in avoiding me Saga :) those damn time differences... don't worry one day I'll catch you!

      Delete
  5. There's so many great ppl playing WoW but they can be hard to find. So it's always nice to hear stories like these. :)

    It's just a shame that it can get tricky with time differences, US servers vs. EU servers and so on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for blogging and twitter right Lorelei?

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(