Wednesday raiding - Horridon is a poophead

Last night I felt a bit rusty having not raided for almost a week, and back into Throne of Thunder we went.  Jin'rokh gave us nice mail shoulders and cloth legs for Souglyy and Hwired (Narishma) and onto Horridon we went.

Trash is not so horrible now. I wonder if it's changed or it's just us.  Some quick priest wrist action there when Roshii got knocked back by the blue beam ghosts (nice one Bish) with a lifegrip - so quick that Roshii didn't even notice!

We seem to be able to get to third gate comfortably but I find that gate so hard!  Adds are constantly killing me - I seem to be the first to die all the time!  I am using my PvP abilities - nature's grasp, even Ursol's Vortex which is a bit crap IMO but at least last 10 seconds compared to 3 or 4 seconds with a roar.  The only great thing is that for that door I don't have to do ANY dispelling - it's a disease door and I am dispel free to go and heal.  Fue decided to be funny and make us 2 heal it and we got to 3rd door once but died on 2nd door - it was just too much to do I think.  Fue noticed that his health was a lot more spiky.

Lushnek was offhealing last night and had some mana issues at first.  I found with my new gear my mana was excellent.  I am wondering if I can start unloading some spirit.

On Thursday night we might have our full complement of real healers I hope and let's see if that makes it a little better heal wise.  More dispels yay! :)

Oh and how stupid am I!  I must have never visited the enchanting trainer in Pandaria because I never knew you could make Sha crystals out of ethereal shards.   But NOW I know!

Comments

  1. Horridon is giving us a rather tough challenge too so I have to agree he is all sorts of poop, although the team knocked him over finally very recently. Hard mongrel, who needed the subtle nurf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... Bring your big GENDER plate. My guild just defeated Horridon a few hours ago and he is one beast of a boss. First night of serious looks at him netted us first and second door progress. Tonight we were solidly in the 3rd door and one time we were at enrage + 2 minutes before we wiped (1 million HP left). We had a final attempt with almost all our DPS and tanks going into the enrage. We played agro ping pong with the boss and downed him.

    Whereas T14 was pretty much stand still and burn your abilities, T15 is shaping up to be burn all your abilities and watch out for "Do-or-Die" mechanics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hasteur! Long time no see :) Grats on kicking that Dinopooper's poopy ass! I think it sounds pretty awesome to be kiting it around in enrage :)

      Delete
  3. We're inching to victory bit by bit, last time it was just barely reaching the 3rd gate, after tonight it's just barely reaching the 4th gate.

    If we make a stacked group for ad control & burst dps we might be able to crack it this week, but I hate favouring people for class abilities >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. I'm telling you, we're going to have to have only 2 days on Horridon before everyone throws a spazz attack!

      Delete
  4. If you have a DK, have them pop army right as the first big add appears at the third gate. Reduces the diseases going out by a considerable amount (the adds disease the ghouls instead of your players)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an awesome idea! Wish we had some dk's though...

      Delete
  5. We're stuck at the 3rd gate too. We made it to the 4th gate twice last night but no one was really left alive but me and I think one tank and one other person. That disease is nasty.

    Our most recent strat is for the 3 ranged to stand by the gate and burn down the "little" adds really fast and let the melee focus on the big guys. We managed to get 2 big guys killed by the time the dinomancer came out and died. I think with more practice we will get that one down too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to stop being lazy and I symbiosed Soul(pally) to get cleanse so I could help with diseases on the 3rd door. I am not sure if it helped (coz it didn't help with my mana!) I was having such a nice time before that blissfully unaware of things to dispel on 3rd door and focussing on pure healing.... I had a better time last night with adds (ie I wasn't the first to die this time) but we still went kersplat.

      Delete
    2. On Wednesday we had 2 dispels and diseases were eating us, on Thursday we have 4 dispels and sometimes we were competing for dispel targets. Huge difference having that extra 1-2.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(