10 Day of Pet Battling Day 5 - Most Coveted Pet

This post is part of my 10 Days of Pet Battles series.

I have a lot of pets already, so there aren't that many pets I still need (though of course, that's changing now that 5.2 is here).

But the pets that I coveted the most, would have to be those that come with the WoW Vanilla Collector's Edition.  That baby comes with 3 pets.


There are 2 people I know who have it.  Slice has it, and he has taken his pets out to show me and make me all ooh-ahh, and the other person is Davidian.


The Zergling is cool.  He interacts with Grunty the murloc marine in a cute little fight animation.  Mini Diablo, though cool, doesn't interact with Mini Tyrael at all, which is a damn shame!  And the Panda cub is just adorable.

What would I do to get it?  Well, you may or may not know that an unopened, intact code Vanilla Collector's edition fetches premium prices on Ebay.  The standard going price is about AU$3000.  That is just...crazy.  But, that's not to say I haven't been tempted, but I know if I bought one I would get a lot of flack from everyone...

"You idiot, you spent WHAT on a computer game?"
"It's just a bunch of pixels!"
"I've got better things you could spend your money on, give your money to me!"

Every now and then one pops up on Ebay, and I set myself a limit on what I would pay for it.  But so far I have been outbid everytime.  But, perhaps one day I'll get lucky.  Or maybe I'll just have a really bad day at work and go crazy and go pay the big $$ and get my Vanilla CE.  But it would have to be a REALLY BAD DAY to upset me that much that I need that much cheering up.

Comments

  1. I want this too. Sky's the limit on what I /would/ theoretically pay for it, unfortunately my actual means are a lot more limited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah if only I knew next week's lottery numbers...

      Delete
  2. Is this an indirect request for everyone to pelt you at work one day so you'll have an excuse to "go crazy and pay the big bucks?" (;

    Seriously, though, maybe we should put together a kickstarter for one; I'm sure you have enough adoring fans who'd donate a buck to make it to your goal.

    Okay, maybe that wasn't "seriously" after all, but I meant what I said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol stubborn I wouldn't accept money from anyone! I am only holding back because it IS kinda crazy :) I will get it.... eventually lol

      Delete
  3. The panda is adorable and the zergling is cool.

    I know I started late, but finally got a post up for your topic
    http://lightersideofwow.com/2013/03/07/10-days-of-pet-battles-part-1/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got that one :) I found the CE in a small toy shop in town and bought it. They had a second one but I didn't purchase it. I wish now that I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool Sil! I wish I had known what I know today...

      Delete
  5. Hahaha. "It's just a bunch of pixels". If I had 10 copper for every time someone said that to me... /cough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you might have enough for a collector's edition! :)

      Delete
  6. I hope for your sake you never have a day that bad. Hopefully someone will have a going out of business sale on eBay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL you know, I secretly want a bad day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Classic Collectors Edition. The 3 holy grails of pets! I can't even dream of obtaining those ones.

    http://mctacky.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/day-5-most-wanted-pet.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(