Oh, so NOW you show yourself!

You know those things.  Those things that when you wanted them it was YAY OMG WOOT!  But when you don't want them anymore, you think back to all that time wasted camping/farming/searching and go... that's just typical!

For example, I was doing some archaeology and what do I see in front of me... without even looking...

Oh Hammer of the Ten Thunders... why do you show yourself now??
I mean, grats, right?  But.. I've already got my relic hunter title.  But it's shiny!  It's sparkling! I should leave it for someone else.  But... how do I walk away from it - all those times I flew around here searching - I should take it for completion.  But someone else could use it towards their relic hunter title... I should not click it.  Oh, I must! I must pick it up!  OK, I've picked it up.  Oh great, more bag space wasted.  Why did I pick that up??  Sending it to an alt for storage... one day someone might use it.  Oh, I should have just left it.

And here I am happily pet battling trying to upgrade my pets.  Oh look rares!


Two rares!  How exciting!  Wait, I don't have either of these as rares.  Which do I choose?? ARGH!  What if I choose the Sidewinder rare and don't ever find another locust rare?  But, I should take the secondary as a general rule of thumb.  OK, I'm sorry Sidewinder, I must kill you.  I hope I don't kill the Locust accidentally.  That would be crap.  Or worse, I hope I don't DIE trying to catch it, because I've forgotten to heal and I am levelling a baby as well.  Imagine that, two rares, and walking away with neither one.  Thank goodness, phew, this one went well, I got myself a new locust and of course... I can't find another Sidewinder.  Oh and look there's another rare locust.  Well, don't you just SUCK, RNG.  You're not getting an invitation to my next birthday party, that's for sure.

I'd love to hear your stories!  Did you come across a second TLPD whilst flying around randomly in Storm Peaks AFTER you spent 2 months camping it non stop?  I am imagining one now, from Tome of the Ancient.  She'll be flying around randomly and oh, what's that?  Another minfernal?

Comments

  1. I've had a pet battle where there's been two rare upgrades, opted to capture the second but accidently killed it... it's gutting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hate that! And that's even worse than when your whole team of 25s dies trying to capture it and you end up with nothing...

      Delete
  2. I would have HAD to pick it up, lol, and I'm never setting foot in Felwood again! I know, now that I'm looking for specific rares it kills me when I have to kill other rares, seems so wrong. Sometimes I catch them even though I have one just in case it's better than mine. I'm going to fill up with duplicates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok good, I don't feel so bad then for picking it up :D And I already have so many duplicates! I have 2 emperor crabs!

      Delete
  3. On the relics... I may have collected all of them even after I had my relic hunter title. You know because they were there... I had the same argument at first about leaving them or not, and then I realized I like collecting rare stuff so I was just going to keep going till I had all of them.

    On the pets...I haven't pet battled enough to have actually seen that happen, but I have had the two pets in one battle that I don't have at all and you pick one and then can't find the other one again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have super full bags and banks Cain! Now I feel better about picking it up. Heh.

      Delete
    2. You have NO idea! :) Two bank toons, a bank guild with 4(?) tabs and I still end up floating stuff in the mail for long periods of time. Not to mention all the rare items from the Pandaria rares. Pandaria has been a bag space nightmare, but a blast hunting down all the rare stuff.

      Delete
  4. Today my daughter says, "Look what I found today!" and in her bag has 3 of the One Man's Trash weapons and had completed the achievement for it. On a whim, I took her silly gnome to the place in Dread Wastes where the staff spawns and sure enough, there it was. After all the times I flew out there, she gets them all on the first try.

    Teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like, YAY congrats you!! But DAMN, why are you so lucky??? :D

      Delete
  5. I've had that happen with the two rares before. In fact, the other day I had THREE rares but there were no upgrades so I just battled them, no problem. The only other relic I really wanted was the necklace in Dread Wastes. I finally found it a few days ago so my Alliance priest is now happily wearing it. I just love the fact that most of these are BoAs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found your necklace! I only want one more and it's that tablet that gives a recipe. I dread finding 2 rares I don't have so I am working hard to make sure that doesn't happen.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(