10 Days of Pet Battling Day 2 - What pets don't you like and why?

This post is part of my 10 Days of Pet Battles series.

Though I love all creatures great and small, there are some Battle pets that I don't enjoy using.  There are a variety of reasons - I don't like their class, I don't like their attacks, I don't like their model (I know, I know, so superficial).

Class I don't like
Of all the classes, the class I LEAST like to use forbattling is Undead.  I hardly ever pull any undead pet into my team for a battle - this is because I feel like their attacks are quite weak, and their survivability rather low (L'il KT is probably one of the exceptions - the Frost Nova and Howling Blast combo is quite good).  They do have the invulnerability thing, but I've found it can be easily cc'd or avoided and that makes it just about useless.


However, the models of every undead pet are fantastic and unique.  I don't think any of them are boring (unlike the beasts) and I like having them out just for show.  Crawling Claw, Scourged Whelpling, Fossilized Hatchling and Stitched Pup are some of my favourites.   However, the Voodoo undead companions I'm not too crash hot on, even though their models are cool.  I guess they're just not my thing, as a Tauren.  If I was a troll, they would be a cool companion to have out.


Attacks I don't like
I don't like those ones that increase your crit at a cost to your accuracy, like Adrenal Glands.  Inevitably I always miss.  I also am not a big fan of suicide bomber attacks, like the Baneling's Baneling Burst.  Both of these attacks are in the Baneling's arsenal, though I still like it as a pet.

Models I don't like
I am sure that I am with most people about the number of spiders, rabbits, rats, snakes, and frogs.  I mean, I know Blizz doesn't have the time to make a whole heap of new model pets, but really?  There are 16 spiders (though there are at least 4 different models) and 22 snakes (with 3 different models).  But the one model pet that I find the ugliest is the frog.  So blocky, with sharp corners.... it looks awful.  Frogs are smooth and slimy....
I wonder if my thoughts align with anyone else's?

Comments

  1. I do agree the non-unique repeating critters models aren't cool. But Twilight Fiendling is way more gross than frogs!

    http://mctacky.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/day-1-what-pets-dont-you-like-and-why.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post is hilarious! And your quips on each pet you dislike is really clever :)

      Delete
  2. How can you not the Twilight Fiendling? It must be a priest thing. :P

    I'd have to agree about the frogs but at least there's a great new model coming for the croakers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rats, maggots, snakes and frogs! Very boring skins and little to no variation in their abilities. I would have said beetles and cockroaches also but I can excuse those because they have Apocalypse.

    I don't think there is a class I don't like, just rarely used really. The same goes for abilities, I am not a huge fan of Stampede though. I don't like being forced to keep a particular pet in!

    Actually scratch all of this... the pet I don't like the most is... CRAWLING CLAW! Based purely on last night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Veluxia you can't say you dislike the claw without telling everyone WHY! (Veluxia and I played rock paper scissors and she LOST ALL 5 GAMES!)

      Delete
  4. I agree - the frogs are terrible! Mojo is the only nifty one, and that's because his behaviour maaaybe just outweighs his ugly face (and that's a big maybe).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mojo has a cool ability but that's his only redeeming feature.

      Delete
  5. I like the blue spotted frogs. But yeah, the other ones are kinda boring...specially when you have a bunch of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But they still look SOOO BORING Lorelei :P

      Delete
  6. You know, seeing as how you and I have very similar opinions regarding pets, I have to say that I never ever take out pets that eat other pets (i.e. Creepy Crate). I personally have a fondness for the cute and cuddly, and also the rare-quality ones that I have worked for (no stones for me!).

    BUT! I have an undead who actually always has a cockroach, spider, or other creepy-crawly that may have crawled out of her coffin with her. I have 4 cockroaches in my inventory: Cucaracha (cockroach in Spanish and the name of a dance), Macarena (to continue with dance names), Saltimbocca (which is also the name of a dance but also means "jump in mouth" in Italian, so I thought that added a level of grossness), and Crunch (self-explanatory). Had to share that.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your cockroach pet names are cool but GROSS! I think Saltimbocca is my fave name of your cockroaches :)

      Delete
    2. You need a Fandango! LOL - Great names!

      Delete
  7. I agree that the frogs look pretty crappy! I don't mind the lack in colour variation/skins between models but I strongly dislike the shape! They just aren't frog-like enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know what they are like? It's like they are origami frogs, but without being as cool and clever as a folded piece of paper.

      Delete
  8. This series is so much fun - I can't wait till I have some time to give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a fan of the undead pets either. I have only maxed one and played with a couple others. Can't find one I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious which is the one you levelled...

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(