Minipost: Handsome Dwarves? What blasphemy is this!

I watched The Hobbit Part 1 - An Unexpected Journey today and I was blown away.  I loved it. Rewatching Peter Jackson's Middle Earth world reminded me (though of course I already knew) of how Tolkein really was the forefather of all fantasy - including this game we love so much.


Look at the Alliance allies in Tolkein's world - Humans, Elves and Dwarves. And a Hobbit, who is a bit gnome like, don't you think??  And Orcs, Trolls and Necromancy (Undead)  are all the classic evils.  Orcs riding Warg/Worgs, Dwarves and their treasures... and here is my dirty confession.  I mean honestly, as a hordie, how can I find a Dwarf attractive?  I blame Matty.  But Thorin is damn hot.  And a warrior.  Oh my...


And though the Hobbit was full of excitement, and action, it was the moments of heroism that moved me the most.  Bilbo was no warrior, he was just an ordinary hobbit, who had admirable traits of courage, friendship and ingenuity - things that we all have inside us.  And it reminds me that all of us can be heroes. It makes me wonder if that was the message Tolkein and Jackson are trying to project.


Comments

  1. Jeremy is going to be pretty darned upset if he finds he's been pushed out of top spot by a Dwarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make a post that features him somewhat. He is by no means out of the picture, I watched Bourne Legacy AGAIN yesterday...

      Delete
  2. The family went and saw this movie on Christmas and it was awesome! I admit that I too found the Dwarves to be quite handsome :3 I leaned over to my husband and let him know. He didn't seem to share my feelings though ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is distressing is it not, as a female tauren to be finding those diminutive creatures attractive?? I tell you, Navimie was conflicted!

      Delete
  3. Ahhh Navi - I saw the Hobbit on my birthday and I have to agree - Thorin is so...so...so...pardon me while I go swoon. I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Saya! I was about to say that poor Navi will be outshone by your cleavage in the Hexing robes! And that dwarf will be just the right... ah.. height for viewing it.

      Delete
  4. Yup, agree with you on this one, I divorced Aragorn for Thorin and his loveliness :) It was a fantastic movie, I can't wait until the others come out and I can see more of him!!

    hugs and kisses Navi, Yes I sill read your blog and lurk in the shadows like Smaug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dragonray I have missed you! I'm glad you are still out there, and I hope I can catch up with you sometime, IRL or somehow :) And it was awesome I can't wait for the next ones! I must be the only non Aragorn fanboy - I actually had more eyes for Eomer...

      Delete
  5. Yeah I was having a hard time choosing between Eomer and Aragorn, but in the end, I went with the sword wielder who got away wearing velvet looking pants :p until our recent divorce of course :)

    I just might send you an email today if I get a few moments to myself :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(