AQ's Twin Emps - buggy for pet drops?

I was feeling really proud of myself for soloing the Twin Emperors Vek'lor and Vek'nilash.  That's the fight with one emperor being a caster and the other one is melee and they only take damage from casters or melee.  The classical/proper way to do it is to fight them at opposite sides of the room because they heal each other.  However, at level 90 (for me anyway) my DPS is more than their healing - I know, I know, what a shock that is!  Me, having half decent dps??  But the hard part is the surviving part, I think, and as a tank, I do that pretty well.



I was talking to Arvash and he said that something was funny about Twin Emps - he noticed that he only got loot off one of the bosses - the melee one.  And it's the CASTER one that drops the pet.  So if you don't know if you had it or not see if you got two of those qiraji lord's insignia.  If you didn't then it's buggy...

So I thought it was due to no damage on the caster boss so I cast a moonfire this time but still no loot from him.  Which is really really ANNOYING.

I looked on Wowhead and a few people had this issue.  So a word of warning if you're soloing it - see if you're getting both drops.

Sigh, it's my last pet I need for Mr Bigglesworth.  Looks like I won't be soloing this one - I'll have to see if doing it with a caster will be ok.  Ugh, what a waste of 2 weeks!  And I was so enjoying my independence :)

Comments

  1. Thanks for the warning. Now I'm wandering if I have to go find a buddy to help me farm those bosses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I still couldn't solo razorgore. Tyledres u have to do a step by step for me!

      Delete
    2. I'll try and get one done for you. But I do know for sure it should be possible just a major pita.

      Delete
    3. On Razorgore, were you using your instant heals? While you are controlling him you can heal him with any instant heals including NS.

      Delete
  2. Actually you can solo it, I do as kitty :) All you need to do is pull on the caster boss with moonfire or wrath, switch to kitty and zerk down the melee dude. Job done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did just that yesterday and still no 2nd loot :(

      Delete
  3. I did them as kitty and same thing happened. And it was a lot of work if it's not going to drop. I've got three pets so far and so far they were a lot easier to get than that fabled Miniferal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to clear adds yesterday and I was a little anxious when the whole horde of anubisath things came charging at me. Needless today I was disappointed in the single drop but I will try dragging a boomkin with me next week :)

      Delete
  4. You have to hit both bosses with some kind of attack to be able to loot both. As a DK, I pop my diseases on the spell guy and go to town on the melee one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Askevar! :D I did moonfire and faerie fire the caster one but maybe I need to do more damage...

      Delete
    2. That's strange then :/

      I got one on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week

      :/

      Delete
  5. Navi feel free to add me to your Bnet friends (my Btag is at top of my blog). I will be more than glad to run that with you if we are ever on at the same time. And no worries, I have all the pets from there so there will be no fighting over any that drop. Now if I could only get Naxx to be so kind to me. Two runs so far and no pets have dropped. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Navi <3
    You might be getting both loots, as you may have AoE looting on, so you will only see loot from one corpse.

    - Aza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was what was happening but then Arv told me about the missing idol and I started panicking...

      Delete
  7. I had this problem last night twice. I made sure that spell damage hit the other mob, and still no loot. Viscidus is not being nice to me either and still no pet after doing it on 3 chars again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(