Shared topic: True Confession

This week's Shared Topic at Blog Azeroth is brought to you by Mataoka of Sugar and Blood:

What is one thing, just one thing, you did that was pretty awful in Azeroth, that you wish you could get some kind of redemption or forgiveness for, or even just get off your chest?
Now mine is not exactly in line with the shared topic, but it is a confession that is related to World of Warcraft that is, in my opinion, hilarious and also a bit shocking for the... ah... conservative parent or childless player.

This happened to me the other night, when I was doing arenas with Sev.  There was one thing about the arena match that we won that I forgot to mention, and it did shock Sev when it happened, and he wondered why it was conspicuously absent from that post.

A little background first.

My son, who just turned 3, was toilet trained around the age of 1, and to help him with his independence, I bought lots of sand buckets (that kids take to the beach to make sand castles and whatever) and put them around the house and in the car, and showed him how to pee into the bucket which he thought was a fun thing to do, standing up to pee just like daddy, and he liked emptying his pee into the toilet.  I did this was because when he climbed on the toilet to pee, he would sit on the toilet and often be busy holding the sides of the toilet seat instead of pushing his willy to point into the toilet and I would end up with pee on the floor and on his pants.

Ok.  I wonder if you can see where this is going.

So back to the arena match.  It was a close match, and we might be able to win it and we really wanted to win because, at our current gear level, wins are really hard, and hunters need to be hit with a spade on the head and buried in the ground.  It was midnight, and my son woke up, and came downstairs looking for me.  I went to pick him up to sit on my lap, and I was going to put him back to bed after the match (which is what I often do if one of them wakes, I quickly finish the fight and then go put them back to bed).  But he didn't want to be picked up.  He said "Mama, wee wee."

I told him to go get his bucket, but his face started to crumple, and he repeated "Mama, wee wee," to me, and I thought OH NO, don't cry, you'll strain and wet yourself.  I told Sev that I might have to go, my son is up and he needs to pee, and Sev said "Oh, Ok.... um just go Nav," but I'm sure, like me, he was disappointed deep down inside, because we could win this match.

Would I have time to run and get the bucket and bring it back?  I really didn't want to step away from the computer, we almost had this!!!  I looked around my computer desk and the only container I could see was a Hello Kitty Lunch Box.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's true.  I made my son pee into a hello kitty lunchbox so I wouldn't leave my arena match.

He was happy, he seemed excited to pee into a new container.  I had to put the full lunchbox back on my desk and finish my match whilst I told Sev what had happened and he was like... "YOU WHAT??"

And, we won that match.  Thank god for that.  I quickly said goodbye to Sev and logged off so I could get rid of the pee and take my son back to bed.  Now you see, if I had AFK'd to take him to the toilet, we wouldn't have won that match...

Every time my son sees the lunchbox now, he points at it and says "wee wee".  I am not sure I want to use that lunchbox ever again, but... well, that's my shameful confession.

See.  I told you it was shocking.


If you want to read a more funny things related to kids and WoW, have a look at this post from one of my new followers on twitter @BkfstinMG, who has a blog Breakfast in Moonguard.  It's about a young child... Sethekk halls.... and a cockroach.  It's hilarious!



Comments

  1. ROTFLMAO!!!! You go girl, you quick thinker you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should keep a bucket near the computer desk...

      Delete
  2. Why am I not surprised by this... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least your son has pee etiquette Navi and will let you know when he wants to go.

    I remember one time when Corael was a bub, his mother was holding him up butt naked, bring him in blow a raspberry on his belly, lift him up and he would giggle. well he got all excited with one of the raspberrys as he just up and pee'd right into his mother's mouth. She immediately started to gag and luckily I was there to catch Corael, but it was so hard as I almost fell to the floor laughing. She stopped doing that the raspberrys after that.

    Ayelena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, that is... just awful, poor Mrs Ayelena!

      Delete
  4. o.0
    0.o
    0.0

    Navi, you are the epitome of a hardcore gamer! And I don't think Sorak will approve of your son peeing in his favorite collectibles, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may find that Sorak himself may have his own hello kitty urination cup at his computer... since he's that hardcore /wink /giggle

      Delete
  5. Lol navi, that is classic. I do like the idear of putting buckets around the house though, i may steel that idear :P

    Falln

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you had a daughter... oh wait, you mean buckets for YOU? :P

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. To all my readers, you have Matty to thank for me posting this shocking story :) I was very unsure so she asked me to tell her first and she'd tell me if it was worth publishing. However, you know this story is funny because it's about a 3 year old. If it was someone who was 40 telling this story about themselves... we'd say OMG WTF...

      Delete
  7. LOL! haha your son was excited to pee in that new container and hey its HELLO KITTY! ahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Amerence, I'm glad you like the story, deep down I'm still wondering if there are those out there villifying me as a terrible parent :P

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I wonder I will be telling my son this story when he's 21...

      Delete
    2. I'm sure you will. I'm 21 myself, and I haven't lived down any of my parents stories yet.

      Delete
  9. Wow....I was going to start quietly asking if I would be allowed to join in your pvp shenanigans......but I don't know if I am that hardcore. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dahakha I will now be pestering you for battletag info so we can PvP sometimes :)

      Delete
  10. Oh, Navi. This made me laugh so hard. You are too cute. Good thinking! I think...

    ~ Effy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Effy, I'm sure if you ever come to visit or stay over, you'll be eyeing any packed lunchboxes dubiously...

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(