Shared Topic: The Rules of Me
This week's Blog Azeroth Shared Topic is brought to us by Mataoka of Sugar and Blood:
What are your personal rules you wish others would know about you?
My personal rules are quite simple, and quite similar to a lot of other people's rules. You know, the general sorts of rules:
- Don't be a dick, and I won't be a passive-aggressive bitch
- No name calling and aggressive slander in public chats (guild, trade, raid, BG)
- Get OFF the F*^%ing quest turn ins.. PLEASE??
However, the PERSONAL rules are the ones I think Mataoka is interested in, and I have a couple of quirky things that I wish people would know so I wouldn't have to tell them:
- Don't kill that rare that I'm trying to take a picture of. I know you can't tell that I'm trying to compose the perfect shot, and even if I told you not to engage it whilst I was screenshotting it, it probably wouldn't stop you because you want that blue drop, or some other treasure it drops, but I wish people wouldn't just run in and grab a mob - you can see I'm not engaging it! I always gesture at something to the opposite faction, you could do the same! Or if you're the same faction, just ask me.
- If I'm raid healing and you die, you don't need to tell me you are dead. I can see that. And don't ask me for a Brez. We have ONE and if we deem you worthy, you will get it.
- I don't roll on caster gear that has hit on it. But just because it doesn't have spirit on it, does not mean it's yours, caster-friend. So don't yell at me about rolling on gear, I am intelligent enough to figure out fairly, what is good for me and what is not. And I roll need on offspecs, yes, because anyone who is a mainspec I will happily hand it over - I am merely saving it from a DE.
- Don't whinge at me for ignoring you, because I don't ignore anyone on purpose unless I put you on /ignore. Most of the time, I haven't seen your tell, or worse, I've seen it and replied it but accidentally mistelled it to someone else. So don't emo at me!
- I was reminded of a silly rule that I had back in Burning Crusade, whereas the Mongoose enchant would NEVER drop from Moroes. Every week, no drop. For months. It was probably almost a year before I got the enchant, but Mongoose became a dirty word in guild chat. As a silly Navi thing, I would have a tantrum everytime someone said the word Mongoose, and if someone even said that word in guild chat, they would get a /gkick. It was all in good fun, and I think it started because people started "taunting" me with their enchants and linking it and I had a gkick fest and of course they were all reninvited and their ranks reinstated. Obviously I don't do that anymore since I have the enchant, and I worry about people losing guild rep for being removed from the guild...