Hunting those elusive pets

I managed to get my Restless Shadeling the other day - these are the only ones you can get from Deadwind Pass so if you're chasing the achievement for each zone you need to get there at midnight to grab one.  They're level 16-17 Undead so make sure you're prepared!  Right on the dot at midnight they pop up underground (The Master's Cellar) and there are tons, so make sure you get down there just before midnight so you can beat the crowds.  I have a green quality one but I am searching for that rare :)



However, Minfernal, Sand Kitten, Giraffe calf and Spawn of Onyxia continue to elude me.  I wonder where they all are!  I have read that the spawns are like the fishing pools - if you clear out the other ones, you'll get them spawning again.  I was trying to do that, but I saw people camping the areas and thought, well I'm not clearing it out for them to get my spawns!  So I stopped.

I don't really like Undead pets.  The invulnerability when the rez after death is kinda cool but lasts one round but they make up for that with weak damage overall.  I like my mechanicals.

And I can't believe that Spawn of Onyxia is the ONLY dragonkin you can catch, no wonder everyone is trying to get it!  There are a few humanoid ones and magic ones so hopefully I can nab one of those for the achievement.  But that little dragonkin... ugh.

Ok, time for bed.  My cold has made me medicate myself which has made me semi comatose whilst trying to quest.

Comments

  1. I found Spawn of Onyxia outside Onyxia's. Both the sand kitten and Giraffe calf were second pets in battles in Tanaris and the Barrens somewhere and twhen I saw them I gave up with the other pet I was trying to catch :)

    Good luck! Seph xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been hanging around there every opportunity (outside Onyxia's) but there are TONS of people out there :( I wonder if anyone has gotten it as a second pet in a battle? Because that would be pretty cool, I might try harder to battle other pets there then!

      AND OMG you have Sand kitten and Giraffe calf? That is awesome! I will try to battle other pets then so I can hopefully get it as the second! Thanks Seph!

      Delete
  2. Ony is pretty rare these days with people camping them (at least the night I tried and finally got one on live). The giraffe is pretty rare as well. The minfernal always has at least one person camping it. I was lucky to get one a couple of days ago but there are normally a few sand kittens around the zone, if not in a team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grats Cym! Wow I will have to ask you to show me later :)

      Delete
  3. I have only found the giraffe calf once, but all my pets died :(
    It's the one pet I must must have ever since Cymre made a post about it.

    Gratz on ur newest pet great information in the post:)

    I really need to start leveling my pets I got 10 up to 10, but have along way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you have 10 at 10, that's pretty cool! I will have to try harder to look for you Pando so you can show me :D

      Delete
  4. Corael is doing the pet stuff for our account, so I get to focus on the levelling as this is what I usually do best. Good luck with your hunting Navi, but I must admit, your whisper to me the other day made me think of Elmer Fudd, "Be very, very qwiet, I'm hunting wabbits".

    Ayelena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you probably thought I was totally CRAZY!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(