How to cheer you up when you're feeling sick - RARE PETS

After being on the podcast, I did all my home things - I fed the kids their breakfast and got my daughter ready for preschool.  After I dropped my daughter (whom I use for slave labour for my dailies) at preschool, I thought I would do some camping... my favourite =/

EVEN THOUGH I said I was NOT going to camp, after missing out on Minfernal yesterday, I thought ok, well, I might just have a quick look.

So I logged into Navimie, and no, nothing there.  I started doing my Cloud serpent dailies, and decided to battle a Sandy Petrel on the beach and it was a rare so I caught it and talk about bugged achievements... this popped up:


Weird.  So then I queued for a pet battle with my level 10 kickass team (Black Lamb, Spirit crab, Spider) and I ended up against a tauren druid, who was decked out in Tier 6!  I hoped it wasn't anyone I knew!  But in pet battles, you never know who you are battling against.  That person had level 10s as well - she had Frosty (Undead), Core Hound Pup (Elemental) and Murkablo (Humanoid).  That was a strong team.  Unfortunately for her, my Black Lamb was kicking ass!  And I think she left the battle just before a complete defeat.  But I think I was really lucky!

I had a look to see who was online, and on my friends list, Repgrind was in Storm Peaks.  She's level 90 so I thought I would ask her if it was snowing, not really expecting that it was.

And.. she said "Yes, it's snowing."

My mouth went dry.  Was she teasing me??  And she said again, it was snowing.  I begged her (well I might have used caps and screamed a bit...) to invite me to party and I rapidly made my way up there to look for that elusive Arctic Fox Kit.

I headed up and it WAS snowing!

I saw my first Arctic Fox Kit, and I went down to battle, and to my horror I was still using my level 10 team that I use for pvp battles!  I had to forfeit and the fox kit disappeared and then I bolted to the next spawn point because Repgrind told me she couldn't battle the arctic fox kits because her pets were too low but an alliance priest was down there taking them all!  So I saw my next one, took out my super team, and caught it, completing my Northrend Safari!


So that was really thrilling!  So that meant I could move my mage away from Storm Peaks, and I thought I would camp her at Felwood.  Repgrind reminded me that it was LBR day and I thought damn, I need to go to that since I haven't been for ages, and as I was chatting to JD on my way to Felwood, I went to park myself over Shatter Scar vale.. and a beast icon popped up, which was a ... Minfernal.

STOP EVERYTHING!

I think I stopped talking to JD in mid sentence as I swooped in to battle.  I was so excited I forgot to take pics!  And then when he was nagging me to hurry up and log over, I said "I am battling Minfernal!!!" he totally understood.  He even explained it to the other raiders :)

Anyway it wasn't long before it was mine... all mine!  A poor quality but... it's caught and that's all that matters :)


So yay me! Here is me and my two new companions:


So to finish the morning off I did a LBR with JD in ToC, and I said I could only stay for 20 minutes... I think we finished it off in 15.  That was pretty cool and laid back :)


A rather satisfying morning don't you agree?

Comments

  1. totally jealous right now. just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand and if roles were reversed I would be green and wishing it could be me. Do instead I will wave my magic paw and wish you luck!

      Delete
  2. woo hoo navi :) super gratz!

    Souglyy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty Souglyy and ty for listening to me when I rang you at work ...

      Delete
  3. I still say my dogs could hear your sqee. From across the globe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The combination of superdogs and my super squeals must have helped with that :P

      Delete
  4. I need to start leveling some pets. My Spirit of Competition just hit 10 on the weekend and I think I now have an 11 or two, but they're uncommons or commons that I've caught. Of course, it took me ages to find pets between level 8 and 11 in the Eastern Kingdoms. I blame dumb luck. Congrats on your two new shinies.

    ...and I think it's absolutely hilarious Saintvache happened to be sporting "The Patient."

    Oh...after you left we knocked off Sarth 3D and Malygos. The whole night was done in an hour...but more on that in my post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I battled a friend for fun (but I didn't have any low level characters so I was a level 6 battling a level 8) and the phoenix is quite impressive I have to say. I might have to level that and give it a go! L'il Tarecgosa was not bad either but she is like most dragons and not that interesting. I haven't tried Spirit of Competition... oh and if you want to do pets between Level 8 and 11 I would recommend Duskwood. Admittedly I don't know Eastern Kingdoms as well because I did a lot of levelling in Kalimdor.

      Delete
    2. I had a less than stellar night so I ended up in Stonetalon, Desolace, and Feralas. Despite Tum's absolute ineptitude at trapping, I managed to go up a fair bit with several pets. Even my Phoenix saw some action. :)

      Delete
  5. Grats again on your finds and captures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As usual Cym, you are the one who inspires me because half the time I don't believe these stupid things exist! I need you to make me BELIEVE!! :D

      Delete
  6. Wow! That was some day! Grats! But now that I've seen the Miniferal who is so cute I'm afraid I might have caught miniferal disease from you, you passed it on, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how such a terrifying thing is cute when miniaturised?? I think he's cute too! And I think Sasche would love to have one of them as a pet, so you might have to indulge her.

      Delete
  7. Navi, you exemplify the phrase luck meets know-how; I love how you know do much, strategize, and prepare to meet opportunity with knowledge. Quite a mouthful for just saying you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(