Friday, September 21, 2012

The Fall of Theramore - Horde Side - A Navimie perspective

I feel like I was the last blogger to do the Theramore scenario.  I have had busy days at work and not much time to do anything much except raid and sleep.  So yesterday I snuck in to do it after raid finished, with Lushnek and Shabadu.  Lush had already done it but Shab hadn't so I was glad I wasn't the only scenario noob around.

Twitter and my blogroll are full of tales of disappointment.  But I saw one positive tweet:

Of course I only saw the horde side of it.  I can't do it alliance side because I don't have a level 85 toon.

So my impression... it wasn't mindblowing but it wasn't meant to be a world event, apparently.  I had low expectations because I didn't know what I was doing.  I just followed Lushnek around and killed things and I didn't really understand what I was doing.


I ran to the ships and we killed the people and rigged the barrels to blow, then we talked to a goblin and then we had to kill someone on a gryphon and then we had to go and kill a tank and then we had to kill someone else and get a key from him and free a blood elf prisoner.

And at the end of it we got a shiny purple and I got a mana bomb in the mail.  Everyone keeps saying how that is in bad taste, and maybe it is.  But I think all of us, even the pacifists like me, are supposed to revel in the anti-alliance sentiment that is Horde.


 One of the mini bosses was doing a love heart thing.  I didn't get a picture of him.  He was pretty cool.  I thought Catwynn would find all these humans rather sexy, though her perspective of the battle (Alliance side) would be totally different.

I snuck in to see Jaina.  Wow she has a lot of health.  She turned and looked at me, I think she semi spotted me.  Thank god she didn't see me or I would be one dead cat.
 
Well that was the Scenario and Feat of Strength done.  And then on to the cut scene...
Arcane bomb inc...
Owww, my eyes...
I have done the scenario two more times since then.  The last time I did it, we could sneak past most of the mobs so it took no time at all!  Well, that and I was with Roshii and Flike (Souglyy's rogue) so sneaking around was what we did best.  And of course, Roshii's leet DPS.

Because I went in with low expectations, I don't think I was as disappointed as everyone else.  I just thought it was an interesting by-scene.  It doesn't really tell me much about why we are doing it, but at least now after doing it, I know what happened to Theramore - we dropped a bomb on it.  Perhaps I need to go read Tides of War like everyone else to find out more about what happened. 

7 comments:

  1. Catwynn would have loved to see all those dashing Alliance captains but alas on her trip she only encountered Orcs who wanted to skin her and use her pelt for a hearth rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Sasche can't even see it either :(

      Delete
  2. As I've got lots of horde 85's, I also have an alliance 85, so I've done this from both sides. I like the scenario idea, but a little more background I think would help. You get a little idea what it was all about from the Alliance side Navi, as the last boss you battle, monologues a bit. So this should be an excuse to level an alliance toon. I can help if you want too.

    Ayelena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ayel :) but I think I would rather camp TLPD than level my alliance toon unfortunately.... /shudder

      Delete
  3. I liked the scenario for what it was even if there wasn't much of a backstory from our side. The Alliance one follows on straight after our cutscene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There wasn't any backstory from the Alliance side either - so somehow Blizzard managed to disappoint many across both factions.

      /sigh

      Delete
    2. It's great you saw both sides of it Cym. You would have a great perspective. Matty I think you are in the clear majority with that sentiment there.

      Delete