A day in the life of Navimie the blogger and WoW player

Yay!  It's THAT Thursday!  The Thursday that I am by myself at the private hospital all day long, and I have good internet reception and 3 lovely long cases where I can sit down and do all those things that I have been wanting to do in World of Warcraft and blogging this week.

My patients are fit and healthy and I get myself all set up, I've drawn up all my drugs, plus reserves, done all my paperwork, and now I can sit back in cruise control sitting next to my beeping machines and ventilators whilst I pull out my computer and get ready to tackle some of my goals this week.

Wow, there are a lot of goals I have for today. 
  •  Darkmoon Dailies and rabbit camping.  I'd love to be able to sit and camp that rabbit JUST so I can get a picture of it for my rare collection.  It would be awesome if I could actually get in a raid party to kill it for the achievement too, and OMG it would be frigging amazing if I won the roll for it!  But I would happily settle for a screenshot.
  • I was going to see Eluna, Martiean, Kallixta, Pando this week.  But I want to go and say hi again to Kia because she is my new discovery!  I love her blog and her writing style and she seems so cute.
  • Tol Barad dailies.  I've got enough to buy a Fox Kit now, but since I'm still farming for the other mounts, I might as well keep killing foxes, right?  And besides, I can take my Potions of Treasure finding and see what other goodies I can get from these mobs.
  • Ack I need to finish making all that Dreamcloth.  I promised Moopie a bag.
  • Cymre sent me an ingame mail.  I need to go check it, she wants me to make something, I think.
  • I need to do some fishing.  I have been sponging fish off Gutsy for the last 2 weeks.  I haven't had time to go fishing.  I need to fish for me and all my caster friends and healers so that we are all well fed.  Now that I am trying for spirit food instead of spell power food I need more sagefish.  Yesterday I was even willing to pay Fallnapart to go fish for me while I was raiding so I could get more food.  Ah, some relaxing fishing would hit the spot.
So I login.  Oh, I'm still at Rexxar from last night, let me go in and see if anyone is on that I can say hi to quickly before I go and do some other things.  Why is it so laggy?  Oh crud, it's downloading stuff still.  No wonder it's so slow.  OMG, I will run out of data at this rate!  A quick /who and yay Kia is online but she's in Dragon Soul.  Wait... there's another familiar name there... could it be??  Off I go to Musings of an Altoholic to go to her characters page and she has a 30 Mage... doesn't say where, and this one is level 35... let me ask her.

OMG it IS Lyrestra!  Oh I need to get a picture!  I didn't know she was here!  OMG how lucky was that!!!

Oh, operation is finished.  Crap, I need to log off and go attend to my patient.  Hmm, and my surgeon wants to go for brunch and coffee too.  Damn it, I want to go and hang around in World of Warcraft!  I won't tell him that though, that's a bit antisocial and besides, I really want to go out and get a nice laksa from our favourite corner Malaysian shop.

Ok good, lunch is over, back to work early!  Which means I have 1.5 hours to play WoW and then I should go see my patients for the afternoon.  I logon and go back to see Kia and Lyrestra.

And holy F*** the lag is horrible.  Wait.. that's no lag... it's a space station downloading game data! CRAP that's gonna eat up all my quota!!  Quick quick quick I need to get pics before my internet conks out or my laptop overheats... can't leave them hanging!

OK good, got my pics, phew!  Wish I could have spent more time talking and less time lagging.  Oh look, a message.  Oh no, Eluna is going to bed!  I was supposed to drop in and see her /slaps forehead.  Sigh, I will try again tomorrow.  Fingers crossed!

Ok, now I've gone and used up all my quota.  No more internet.  That will not do.  Must go buy a data block, it's a disaster to be at work with no internet.  There. Disaster averted.

Oh, I know what I haven't done, my transmog post for the mogolympics.  Thank goodness I have a draft of that.

Woah, look at all this reading I have to catch up on! Off I go to read Tome, Matty, JD, Khizzara, Cymre, Stoppableforce, Kia, Gnomey, Fannon, Akabeko, Zwingli, Hyperious, Zellviren, Grimmtooth, Kamalia...

Oh, wow, look at the time.  It's after 8pm!  Talk about a long day... though I did have a long lunch, I shouldn't complain.  Shucks, the kids will be in bed already.

Ooh, almost finished my surgeons says!  Time to pack up and go home!  Hmm, I wonder what I should do tonight???

Comments

  1. Wish they had cross server mail, unless it sold overnight I have lots of Delicious Sagefish Tail I would give you.

    Oh no, that rabbit ... better not rant. Maybe I'll post about it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that was a brilliant post I might add, Ancient. Oh I want sagefish! Badly!

      Delete
  2. I've been working on our Guild achievement for making Cata food. About 400 to go... I haven't seen the rabbit on live yet although I haven't really looked. You already know how I feel about that though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanna cook my food for me? :D I'll give you the mats.

      Delete
  3. OMG NAv - that damned Rabbit is sending everyone insane!! What's making me laugh more though, is all the bloggers who tried and failed to kill him...

    RUN AWAYYYYY!!!

    <3 Holy Grail, and kudos to Blizz for putting one big massive reference to it in game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great bunny post btw Genowen and OMG YOU CAME OUT OF LURKING!!!!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's one busy day! O_O

    I don't think I could manage the brainswap between WoWing and working-- I'd be too tempted to try and Swipe at Access when it starts acting up. ;) hehehe

    I'm still waiting on Blizz to make fishing more interesting-- they did say they were going to change it at some point, didn't they? I still wish I could just pop into sealform (now orcaform) and NOM them instead… *mutters*

    Good luck with the Bunny Of Much Cursing™! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if I wasn't WoWing I'd be reading the paper or a book or sudoku... all about as equally productive as wow, don't you think? :D

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited that you found me and came to visit! Come back soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to have met you! I can't wait to finish the post on it properly :)

      Delete
  6. I just wanted to say you're awesome. <3 Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you were a huge and very welcome surprise! Talk about finding treasure!! And I told you this - if I'm awesome it's because you are :)

      Delete
  7. Clearly the day needs more hours in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's sleep? It's that time wasting thing that takes away from my fishing and dailies... :P

      Delete
  8. I agree with Erinys, your day needs more hours! Its amazing you manage to fit everything in!

    BTW, if you want to divert sagefish to spirit food, you can look into fortune cookies for Int(or Agi/Str). On my realm at least blackfallow ink/mysterious fortune cards are very cheap. Buy them up and make fortune cookies with them. They might be cheaper/faster than fishing if you're rushed. When you eat those cookies, you get 90 int/str/agi/useful stat and 90 stam - same as other top shelf buff food except this is automatic.

    I don't know if in 5.0.4 you get the spirit buff on them on healers, it used to be int in Cata.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone is going to catch onto this and say "Hey, you're getting PAID to play WoW at work...?"
      But fortune cookies and feasts still give me Intellect when I really want spirit instead.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(