Shadow rising - or should I say, Silvermoon Rising? - A Navispam post

A long time ago, I came across the blog Repgrind, who wrote about her adventures with her two guilds, Alliance and Horde as well as all the antics that they were up to.  I would religiously read her blog, and all the characters she wrote about, though confusing at first (and even now...) and came to know their personalities from her stories as well as through the comments they would leave.  I loved her guild interaction, so personal and friendly!  I finally got to meet her in one of Amateur Azerothian's Laid back raids.


Earlier this year, one of her guildies started commenting frequently on my blog, and made an alt on my server to speak to me in person.  It was this visit (as well as a visit from Glowbie and Rioriel) that first gave me the ideas of Navispam, which came to fruition after the Blog Azeroth Shared Topic: Starstruck.  That was Arvash, and when we  met he wasn't a blogger, but now he is, writing at The Crimson Hammer.



After that, I'd been longing to meet the other members of their guild, Shadow Rising, but they were not on very often, and I could never catch them.  Then, one weekend, I'd been hanging out with Arvash doing BGs and achievements, and I was about to go to bed when Arv told me that Slice (of Orangeslice > Other Sodas) had gotten on.  Oh, well I wanted to meet Slice, so I said I'm heading over to meet him.  I told Arv not to tell him because I wanted to surprise him... but I was too slow.  Damn, he knew I was coming!  And Slice was getting his partner, Lyssianna (of Dots and Hots) on as well.   Ooh, that was cool!  I had heard about Lyss, she was the guildie who got the legendary staff from Firelands. Adoe was online as well (whom I have Xserver PvP'd with) and then we had a party in Org.  It was like a home away from home really, hanging out in Valley of Wisdom!




I got on their Vent and chatted even though I was a bit sleepy.  I thought it would be nice if they could see my actual toon so we tried to decide on a dungeon/raid to do, and ToGC sounded good so off we all went there for more pics!  Oh and since we're there we might as well do the raid right?  It doesn't take long... bedtime can wait, this is much more important.  Repgrind got on as well so that made for a cool pic!


Then a whole heap of guildies started logging on!  Notari/Zarigar (of Mohawk Troll) and Telanarra, Shadeey and even Sorak/Fayle/Cayle got on!  Cayle came at the end after we'd cleared the instance (which was cool because they all got the achievement for it, and apparently he hates this old content achievement stuff) and I got a group shot with this guild that, after hanging around with them for one night, has reinforced my thoughts that it's my home away from home - it seems so much like Frostwolves, but with American accents.


And... their whole guild seems to be BLOOD ELVES.  Except for Adoe.  I asked them why, and they said because they're prettier.

Shadow rising... you have been Navispammed! /reported

Comments

  1. hey Im a belf because it was the only horde option for a pally at the time. I'm still a Belf because i'm to cheap to become a cow. And they are prettier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tel, thanks for visiting! :D
      Oh, there's nothing wrong with being a blood elf. I just noticed that everyone was one. I'll have to ask Cayle if you guys put that as the last question on your guild app form:
      "Are you willing to roll a blood elf?"

      Delete
    2. What guild app? ;-)

      Delete
  2. Yay for Navispam!

    It really isn't an SR group if there aren't 2 or more belfs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lyss :) Well really, they're the only ones who can carry off the sluttier/sexier looks anyway. Surprised all the boys haven't mogged their girls into the skimpiest plate bikinis they could find.

      Delete
    2. You obviously haven't seen what Slice has come up with . . .

      Delete
  3. Thanks for coming to hang with us, Navi! You're welcome to come back anytime, even to crash our vent, lol! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your vent is cool! It's like our vent, but everyone's got American accents!

      Delete
  4. So THAT's what Slice is a slice of. How come you never left your blog address when commenting on mine?

    Looks like a very successful visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Shame they didn't do scarabs achieve... my visit would have been perfection then!

      Delete
  5. This makes me miss having an actual guild instead of the shell of a guild I currently run *sad panda*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh xsinthis :( maybe mists will make you a happy panda!

      Delete
    2. Hopefully haha :)

      The only problem is my class schedule for the upcoming fall semester would not make raiding easy for me :(

      Delete
  6. Maybe there's something to be said for all those Blood Elves, looks like you had a death free visit, they must be safer to hang out with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Safety in numbers perhaps? Or maybe cuz I was on navi the big scary 85. Yes that must b e it!

      Delete
    2. And you didn't hop around Mushroom Tops on Mammoths. So you were playing it safe!

      Delete
    3. Very true Kallixta :) But that was FUN!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(