Mondays is Mama Nap time then smashing heads time!

Mondays is my relaxing PvP day, and I usually put the kids to bed on Mondays so I can PvP at 9pm - sometimes the kids don't go to bed on time and I end up falling asleep with them.  That probably happens 60% of the time, and I need phone calls to wake me up.

Tonight I decided to help Lushnek with some heroic dungeons and we ended up in Stonecore.  The tank was another druid and he pulled a ton of things and I had to blow all my cooldowns to keep everyone alive.  We got to the first boss and my daughter started screaming, because she was having a bleeding nose, and had soiled the bed - I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE PUT THAT MATTRESS PROTECTOR BACK ON!!!  So after that I had to AFK, and I asked them to kick me after 2 mins if I wasn't back.  I came back after 10 mins and I was still there but the tank had left, and no tank came to replace for the longest time.  The 2 DPS were nice and were happy to wait for me (probably because we were nice to them) and I was just starting to try pulling with my tank spec with no healer, when when the new tank came we finished it all off and that was easy.  Time for some PvP.

We started in TB, but moved to WG and that was a nice win.  Yay... only 60 more wins for the achievement =/
 
Our first battleground was Twin Peaks, and it didn't start off on a good note when the other healer said "Could you all not play like tards, like my last 2 games."  Normally you find the people saying that are the people with 120k health, but this one was a geared disc priest with a 1400+ rated BG rating.  So I whispered him and said did he want O or tank, and he said he would go O.  Hopefully that calmed him down.  Fortunately we had a tank and so the game was easy.  With 2 geared healers the poor alliance didn't stand a chance, and Shab was quite impressed with the priest because when Shab was under fire, he iceblocked, and the priest lifegripped him to safety.  That was Shab's first lifegrip and he was pretty excited about it.  It was a cruisy 3 vs 0 win.

Our second game was a Gilneas where we started off on the backfoot with Alliance having 2 bases to our 1, but Shab, Sev and I did our usual Gilneas opening of rushing LH, and so we got that and held it and our teammates defended mines for another comfortable win.  Sev was chuffed because EVERY Gilneas he tries to graveyard camp hoping to get Wrecking Ball, and this time he got it, after all these years.  Lucky he had me healing his sorry ass.

Then we did an Arathi Basin, where there was a Mal'ganis premade of 5 in there. Shab said in raid that 3 of us were going to mines, and then Mal'ganis guys said they were going to Lumber Mill so nobody follow them there.
"Ooh, a premade!" I said.  "That will mean we have a good game coming."
"Mal'ganis though," said Sev.  "They have a certain... ah... reputation."
I frowned.  Really?  What reputation?  I didn't bother asking, thinking it just meant they were good PvPers.
So the 3 of us went to mines, and 4 alliance were heading there as well.  And then more came.  I was so busy throwing heals and dispels aroun I didn't even notice that all the other bases were capped except Mines.  Which was no wonder because at least half the alliance team was there!  I was focussed down, and alliance managed to cap it and I ran back to help try to get it back.  While I was running I saw in BG chat "Mal'ganis went to LM and got theirs, the Dath'remar group went to mine and can't even cap.  We're going to come and save your sorry asses now."
Grrrr.  Is THAT what Sev meant about Mal'ganis reputation??
I refused to leave mines after that.  We had an influx of assistance and someone managed to ninja cap it and after that, we never lost it.  There was a strange paladin who kept running in to cap and then running away INTO the mine when I attacked him, which made me wonder if he was a bot.  However, when a rogue came and started ganking me and doing the double CC trick which I HATE SO MUCH I had called for assistance and a tauren priest came and got the rogue off the cap JUST in time.  I quickly checked to see he wasn't one of those rude Mal'ganis people and then I thanked him for the save.  The two of us held off a second wave until reinforcements came, but towards the end of the game we were uncapped and BS was uncapped but we still won.  One of the Mal'ganis guys was swearing at the end of the BG because we didn't get our node back, but I didn't understand why - we won already!  I have to admit, that's the first time I've ever noticed anything about Mal'ganis PvPers.

We did a couple of arenas after that to resharpen our teamwork skills - but we have never figured out how to beat a paladin/hunter/melee combination.  We tried to kill the hunter first and cc the paladin (because we've done it the other way before with trying to kill the paladin) and we didn't do well.  The second group was an odd combination with a holy priest putting a lightwell out and a mage and a ret pally I think, and we beat them comfortably.  I need to practice my pole dancing more, I think.

Comments

  1. Pole dancing...0.0 lol

    Never knew about the Mal'ganis PvP crew, I'll have to look out for them next time.

    And grats to Sev on Wrecking Ball, that's a hard achievee to get, but a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a lousy healer in arena because my pole dancing skills are ABYSSMAL. I tend to go charging out to save my crazy teammates who love to charge in, all dressed in cloth, thinking that soul link and iceblocks will save them....

      Delete
  2. Thank you, too, for taking a little time out to help my 'Lock in Scholomance! I really, really appreciate it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been better if we actually GOT the item :( But it was fun to hang!

      Delete
  3. LOL! I've never thought of a day of PvP as relaxing! Yes, rule number 27 never forget to put the mattress protector back on, else disaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was disaster! I think I need 2 mattress protectors, one that's drying and one on the bed.

      Delete
  4. My pvp skills have a lot to be desired. You're inspiring though!

    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Zwingli you say the nicest things :D

      Delete
    2. Navimie, inspiring pole dancers the world over! /duck

      Delete
    3. When I master the pole dance I shall be worthy of fear!

      Delete
  5. The Mal'Ganis server has a reputation in PvP and PvE for being a toxic troll filled place. Their behavior sadly isn't surprising.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(