Highlights from my Blogroll August 5, 2012

Chris from Confessions of a Grown up Gamer had this picture on his blog in his post Crazy %$#^ you only see in WoW... and I swear I have never seen that in Mount Hyjal (Grove of Aessina to be exact) before.  Do I just walk around with a blindfold on or something?  Is it even real?  Now why can't I look like THAT in tree form huh?

Thunderspank rocked my PvP world again with his post on Battleground Tactics - Carrying the Flag.  A great read for warrior tanks.  I hope he brings out a druid version!  And of course, he's got a brilliant ministory at the beginning again.  I want to write a PvP story!

The Grumpy Elf's post about Gear: Is it destroying the community one drop at a time? was already highlighted on MMO Melting pot but it gave me something to think about.  However, I don't want to get rid of GEAR.  What the hell am I going to transmog?  But Grumpy has some very valid points - gear, the lack of it, how we get it, who gets it, how people wear it - causes conflict.  But, I have to disagree about getting rid of gear.  The acquisition of (im)material things is one of the catchy parts of this game.  People love to get new things.  It gives them a goal.  What could replace gear?  I suppose getting stats could improve you... but not sure how that would work.  Maybe you get a little token that improves one stat at a time by +5.  But I suppose people would fight over those tokens too.  Sigh.

And my apologies to Amijade of Warlockery, but all I can remember from his post Why You will Want to summon a Demonic Fem Fatale is this:
Yep, that's right, the boys will be summoning their new upgraded Succubus because she wears awesomely tight G-string.  Let's see YOU concentrate on breaking seduce.

Comments

  1. I know it's wrong of them and they're cutting off their noses to spite their face but all my Warlocks refuse to summon their Succubus ever.

    And well, from that picture I don't see that changing in Mists, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I think it's because your toons all have crushes on manly muscly types. Not so much the sexy, dominatrix, leggy types.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the shout out, Navi! Bit of 'star-struckiness' on my end, now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Chris that's what happens when you write good stuff.... people want to read it! :D
      And star struck by me? Please! Hey! Idea!

      Delete
  3. That tree is 100% real! I saw it for the first time myself not that long ago! There's actually four of them or so, they make up the 'roof' of foliage over the fountain where Aessina talks to you in Hyjal.

    Also - I've seen some math wonks saying the Shivarra ends up outpacing the Felguard and his upgrade for DPS. I, for one, am just looking forward to not having the Felguard accidentally hitting anything nearby with Legion Strike...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But... the felguard can dual wield Gurthalaks how cool is that!!! Though you're a guy, and I can totally understand... yeah. /grin

      Delete
    2. Once again, real life lessons apply. First, if an angry female has eyes for you, you way just want to run away. If that angry female has swords, run faster. If she is also wearing a g-string, she's probably already irritated by a permanent wedgie so just get out of her way. Just sayin'

      Delete
    3. You are the smartest man who ever lived.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the blog highlights, Navi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lilpeanut! Hope you found a good read in there :)

      Delete
  5. Navi, I was asked the same question about gear, http://wowsugar.blogspot.com/2012/07/bean-counters-and-mojo-what-if.html, Hmm...wonder if the goblins and gnomes at Blizzard are cooking something up?

    This is another superlative post, beautiful girl! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That image gives new meaning to the term bush. Just saying.

    Maybe I shouldn't have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Hit the publish button like a ding-dong-ditch prank.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am laughing at your second comment. OMG, who knew you were so cheeky! And I do wonder if those Blizz people are cooking something in their pot to fix all this. LOL TY for the compliment my dear friend :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(