THIS week's Blog Azeroth Shared Topic - Charity in WoW

This week's shared topic in Blog Azeroth was another topic put forward by Frinka of Warcraft Street.

What is the nicest thing another player has ever done for you in-game?
I really like these topics of kindness.  Focussing on the positive aspects of this game makes it that much more fun, and Frinka has given me the perfect medium to talk about how nice people can be in the game.
In a world full of people who couldn't care less, be someone who couldn't care more.  ~Author Unknown
There are actually SO MANY nice things that people have done for me in the game it's really hard to choose a single event.  But I thought maybe I could list a couple of the things which have always touched my heart in terms of kindness.

Pet gifts
I have a received a ton of pets as gifts from people.  Nabe, Roshii, Lushnek, Moopie, Azadelta, Tome of the Ancient, Arvash - these guys have all given me pets from the Blizz store, the TCG or from the bags you get from queuing as a healer or a tank for dungeons, or from ones that you farm (eg Emerald whelpling).  All the people who have given me these things have been my friends, and it makes me so grateful to have such lovely friends in game!

Kindness from strangers
One time I had AFK'd in Tol Barad Peninsula, in the middle of the road, and a wandering patrol happened upon me and started beating up on me.  A mage came along and killed them, nearly dying in the process of saving me.  And he did it out of the kindness of his heart, and that, was a really nice gesture.  I wish I had something better to give him out of gratitude, but all I had was a Jug of Bourbon!
Kindness, like a boomerang, always returns.  ~Author Unknown

I think one of the things that is a common theme for everyone who replied to this shared topic is that there isn't just one kindness hey remember, there are many.  And that guildies play a large part of that.
  • Crashnsmash from Tank-N-Heals talked about the kindness of pugs and guildies who put up with their accidental pulls and not yelled at them when they forgot to do something.
  • Frinka from Warcraft St talked about the tank guildie who held her hand and helped her throughout the whole process of tanking from gearing her up to her UI fixes and rotations
  • Devee of Kor'kron 501st talked about her guildies and how much her guild's teamwork, acceptance and friendship was the nicest thing in game for her, and her guild reassuring her that her feelings matter.
  • Dragonray of Azerothian Life talked about her guildies and all the nice things they had done for her
  • Faye the Dancing Tree wrote about the lovely guild friendships that moved from in game to out of game with lovely momentos of friendship hanging by her computer.
Sounds corny, but kindness really does breed kindness.  I usually like to be the first one to initiate a nice gesture because it makes me happy!  But when someone does it to me, I feel so awed and touched by it, I spend forever trying to pay that kindness back.
Because that's what kindness is.  It's not doing something for someone else because they can't, but because you can.  
~Andrew Iskander



Comments

  1. The kindness I ever recall in WoW was back in 2007 it doesn't seem as done as it was back then but high levels used to open trade and give low levels stuff, obviously junk they didn't want, need or could use.

    However back then also the Lower levels respected teh higher levels and there seemed to be a much respect among players sadly that seems to have faded away over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree people sure are are rude these days.

      Delete
  2. The kindness I always felt so touched whenever I remember it was my fiance secretly gathered enough gold, asked an engineer to craft me a mechano hog, wrapped in with red ribbon pressie box and sent it to my mail! When I opened my mail the next day, I was speechless! In WoW, my fiance is the only one who support me, running me Arena and doing all the crazy thing I wanna do :D Some of my guildies are helpful as well, we used to stick together but now no more, since none of them come online now. WoW is getting bored at my end.

    I also felt so touch a special friend who gave me a chibi that I always wanted! It means a lot to me! It really touched my heart that someone actually care and remember me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your fiance sOunds so sweet! Those 2 memories are awesome

      Delete
  3. I remember getting mail with 35 gold from a stranger as a little level 12. I had noticed them earlier inspecting me which I thought was strange from a 85 but I guess they were checking for heirlooms and I will never forget my wonderful "Ode to the Ancient!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D I liked how you liked the poem .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(