Sept 25 - reality sinks in

Last night Twitter was all abuzz with the release date of Mists of Pandaria - confirmed now to be on 25 September as announced by Blizzard.

So now, I have 2 months to do all those "things I wanted to catch up on".  All my PvP things, all my achievements and raids...

... and thinking about trying to get Heroic Dragon Soul cleared.  Maybe that's another wish I'll give a miss.

Now there are a number of decisions I have to make:
  • Do I buy the Collector's Edition or do I buy the Digital Deluxe Edition?
  • Should I take a week off work to play like I did every other expansion release?
  • What should I be doing in the next 2 months leading up to the expansion? 
I'll start with my first decision: Collectors vs Digital Deluxe edition.


What do I really want from the Collector's Edition.  Is it the art?  The cards?  The in game pet?  Sadly, I have to say that it is the in-game pet/mount/whatever vanity item that is biggest drawcard for me.  The box itself has been put somewhere with all the gallimaufry collecting dust, the same with the book from the previous CEs.

The Collector's Edition comes with:
  • A behind the scenes DVD and Blu-ray about the creation of Pandaria
  • Collector's Edition Soundtrack CD
  • Art of Mists of Pandaria Book
  • Chen Stormstout Mouse pad
The Deluxe and the Collector's Edition come with:
  • Imperial Quilien flying mount
  • Lucky Quilien cub
  • SC2 battlenet portraits and D3 banner sigil's and accents
 So, looking at it like this... I think I'll be going the Deluxe edition.

Should I take a week off work?


I don't think I can do that this time.  Back in my younger days with no kids, I could do that, but with more work responsibilities, I just can't.  Besides, no hurry to level now, I can play all evening and stay up late at night to level.  Maybe I could squeeze one or two days off....

What should I be doing in the next 2 months till the expansion?

Deathwing cake from thedomesticscientist.com - OMG I want to eat Deathwing cake
I really want to finish Dragon Soul.  I was considering paying my friend, whose guild has gone awol until Mists, to come here and help me do it.  But what I really need, is tanks.  All our tanks disappeared.  Is it possible, if I do my pretty pleases and flutter eyelashes nicely and throw in something to make it worth their while... like.... oh...  I don't know, something!... that I could scrape up some tanks?  It's always worth a shot :)  I'll  make that my project for the next 2 months :)

So what is everyone else doing?  Which edition are you getting, and are you taking time off work?  Have you got your bucket list to do before Mists?  Let me know what your plans are!

Comments

  1. My boxes are around here, too, somewhere - this is a fabulous post-- you really help me organize my own thoughts, too, and that is no small feat, beautiful Navi! And I laughed out loud at that image, because that is me in the restroom with my smart phone checking my blog for comments. God help me, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, snap -- too much information?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you should know that stuff doesn't bother me! I have no shame :)

      Delete
  3. Digital Deluxe for me as all I really want are the pet and mount and after my dog ate my SWTOR CE I'm not buying him another to eat, he'll have to buy his own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dog ate your SWTOR CE? Well, lucky it was the CE because I'm sure they taste better than the regular ones. Your dog has good taste.

      Delete
  4. OMG! Too many decisions!!! I think I'm going to go all out this time and get the digital deluxe edition. I'm such a huge sucker for mounts. =P

    My bucket list is pretty small....get sea turtle mount! That's pretty much it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that at least seems like an achievable goal :)

      Delete
  5. I'll probably get the CE to go with the other three that I have. I'd like to take that week off, but I have vacation already planned two weeks before and two weeks after release date, so I'm not sure if work will allow me to take another in between, lol. As far as my bucket list, all I can think of is the Fox Kit and the Searing Scorchling...and maybe get to 12K achievee points =) And hope you guys can find some tanks too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't expect any less of someone who has that many toys and other collectible things...

      Delete
  6. Well you know I've ordered the DD already. Plus I'll do whatever else I can do on my Bucket List but it's all up in the air these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your post :) mine was written when I heard about the release but I scheduled it to post later. I should have fixed up the first line though, it looks one day too late!

      Delete
  7. I'm buying the CE. One of the big draws for me is the soundtrack. I usually look through the art book and then pack it off to a used book store afterwards; but the soundtrack, mounts and pets are always my big draw. I really wish the DD contained the soundtrack; as I don't really need the "Stuff" that comes with it.

    My bucket list will be updated on my blog soonish; but in short:
    Tol Barad land mount and pet; Sveala to at least 75 with inscription up to 500.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the soundtrack would be a great thing to have! That is the only reason I'd get the CE. But... I figured if I don't turn on the music in the game, then I probably won't be listening to the soundtrack more than a handful of times.

      Delete
  8. Deluxe for me, I like having it downloaded and ready to go at release so getting a physical copy is out. I'm not too taken with the mount but am a total sucker for things with huge eyes so the pet was a must have.

    As for my ever expanding bucket list, well I'm trying to knock stuff of it but it's up in the air as to how much I actually get done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be watching your blog to see your bucket list progress!

      Delete
  9. CE for me, though I can't figure out how I want to preorder it. I rather loathe the US video game chain store, and I don't have any local geek friends to go to a midnight release with anyway. So I guess it will be Amazon and paying too much for shipping to get it there by the day of.

    I wrote out my bucket list last night and promptly realized that I will never finish all of it. My biggest priority is collecting the current pvp set for my pally. Everything else....eh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faye, you never know until you try! You just might get lucky and get ALL of them done. And I bet you'll go Amazon.. that's what everyone I hear is doing :)

      Delete
  10. CE (currently preordered through amazon.com but I'll be checking with the local game stop)for my main account, regular digital upgrade for my 2nd one (already purchased)

    My husband is getting the digital deluxe upgrade for his main account and a regular upgrade for his second account.

    I love that there is a digital deluxe, we were debating who was going to get the collectors edition because we couldn't justify the expense of two, when we don't need two copies of the art book, cd and mouse pad :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so TEMPTED to get a second account because I want a nightwing! Is that bad???

      Delete
  11. Love that bathroom pic!!

    I am actually buying the deluxe digital version this time I'm all excited about the mount and pet. Ive never bought the special versions before but the hubby said I could splurge this time :) Plus I want the digital version so I can play it as soon as it goes live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that pic on someone else's blog - and I for the life of me can't remember whose! Whooooo glad your hubby knows what a good splurge is :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(