Rubbing shoulders with the Rich and Famous

It was a big day today.  I had a lot of WoW things planned - first JD of Amateur Azerothian was doing Horde Side Laid Back Raids, and it was something nice and easy.  Blackwing Lair, which can be polished off in under an hour with 5 people.  And we had 12 people show up, and some people whom I hadn't seen before... some that I consider hugely famous!!

Firstly, I was excited to see Repgrind there!  I have been dying to meet her ever ever since I started meeting bloggers in game, because as I've mentioned before, she was the inspiration for my blog as it is today.

And then we were joined by Averry from The Warchief's Command Board!  Now that was pretty cool!  I HAD to take a pic with him, and he was AFK or something when I was asking so I did one while he was AFK standing there, but fortunately later he said ok (phew!)


Khizzara was there, Dragonray, Tome of The Ancient, So everyone had a cool time, running nice easy LAID back content :)  I had to laugh at JD because he said half an hour after the Laid Back raid he was banned... I'm not sure when that happened but it's probably because he makes too much gold.  (He is the "rich" one in the title LOL, as well as famous!)


And there they are with names in case you don't know who they are.  Or in case I forget who they are.  Jai was one of them, and I'm not sure if Mrs Amateur was in there too.  I'll probably have to edit this post when I ask JD who else was there.


And then following that I had to get ready for my Twisted Nether Blogcast interview!  I was worried about my son being up and disturbing me, so I took him for a late ride and late-ish lunch, but he still fell asleep at 12:15pm.  Anyway, I got on early and Fimlys grabbed me and then Hydra got on and gave me a little pep talk before hand, to ease my nervousness.  Got into the chatroom and saw guildies and friends in there and some of the usual crowd (Danslate is always in there!) and then chatted to Fimlys and Hydra.  My son woke up at about 2pm but he was reasonably well behaved and didn't interfere too much.

A few things made me giggle:
  • When I was talking about my blog title, I realised I don't write about druid stuff that much.  Dragonray even said "When was the last time you wrote about druid stuff??" and I replied "Hagara".  Healing heroic Hagara was the last time I made any kind of druid type post I think, outside of shared topics.
  • We were talking about turning evil (started because Alysra/Alysrazor was pronounced correctly by Fimlys as Alysra-zor, as opposed to Alys-razor) and adding "zor" to our names.  That was amusing, and also when Cymre made the name Navistrasza.  Now that is a cool name!
  • Shumii was lamenting at me because I don't like tree form.  I always forget to use the damn thing.  That's why I don't like it.  And those questions about what I like about Cataclysm is hard when I can't remember what happened when!
  •  OMG I said "Shit" and that will probably need editing out! I was talking about heroic warmaster >< and what broke our raiding.
But it wasn't that terrible, except that I kinda forgot to mention winning Dath's transmog competition as a great achievement!  Though, that was more a fun thing, it wasn't really a goal of my gaming life - but it was a pretty damn exciting event to happen!

Anyway, I ended up staying for the whole time, mostly muted so the poor live listeners didn't have to listen to my son talking, or going to the toilet, or me tidying up the house or talking to him.  I am amazed Fimlys could stay up that late!  I am still in shock having been on the whole thing, it doesn't feel like it happened to ME.  Even Hyad wants to listen to my interview.

I ruined my PvP night by falling asleep putting the kids to bed!  But Jinj was up and we did a Twin Peaks together which I thought was going to be a piece of poop, but turned out to be awesome.  You wouldn't think a BG with 4 healers would be good.  But it turned out well, and we 3 capped them.  But boy was there some heavy healing with that 4boxing DK there!


Comments

  1. I really enjoyed the podcast, it was funny! Except for those noddle adverts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @McTacky - glad you were there for the support :D

      Delete
  2. Glad you had fun with your interview, and looking forward to listening to it when the show goes up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Kamalia - I was recording my message for the beginning and thinking wow, I hope I sound as excited as Kam was on her TNB!

      Delete
  3. Haha I don't know how famous I am, but it was really awesome finally getting to hang out with you! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was totally awesome to cross paths and meet in the pixel at last!

      Delete
  4. Yep, nice job Nav :)
    LOL, another one to add to your list Kam... your podcast list is getting longer and longer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably if I hadn't been drinking wine during the laid back raid I might have been able to stay awake. At least it gives me something to look forward to listening to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably better that way. Everyone was complaining to me about noodle ads...

      Delete
  6. Good job on the interview! Sorry I couldn't stay for the whole thing, it got really late, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Apparently it wasn't cool enough to spell my alter ego's NAME right! Silly druid (I seem to be surrounded by them, at least as Averry...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? See? The Warchief speaks, and SHIT GETS DONE.

      Delete
    2. That's because this humble minion values her head.

      Delete
  8. It was great to see you there, Navimie! And I'm glad I managed to convince the Warchief to come along so you could meet him. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled to see bloggers tend to move together in packs :)

      Delete
  9. I was able to listen to about half of it before my eyes got too heavy (it was pretty late for me) and you did AWESOME!!! I can't wait to listen to the rest! =D

    Also, totally agree with your viewpoint on tree form. Look at it this way, now you can actually show off your awesome transmogs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I never liked looking like one of the Boomkin treants and thank you for the lovely support my friend!

      Delete
  10. There is only

    BOOMKIN!

    Laid back raid was awesome - I just wish I knew who everyone was, but well I was - as usual - shy about all the famous people :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like Lushnek =P
      It's ok, it's HARD when people call their toons something different to what they use as their avatar/handle/blognames.. HEARTFYRE :P

      Delete
  11. Maybe I should start some sort of blog, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! To bad I'm not overly interesting. =p I watched your podcast from Roshii's computer, you were awesome Navi!!
    - Aza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to be a blogger to come Az, everyone is welcome! But if you start a blog I'll read it! :D

      Delete
  12. What just struck me Navi is the "rich and the famous" --they were rubbing shoulders and pauldrons with YOU my dear! You put the "fun" in this game for so many - :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm not rich nor am I famous... yet! When I'm famous I'll let you all know /grin

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(