In depth: Rojak's WoW Factor Dath'remar Transmog competition

That last post was a bit rushed - I was in a hurry to get it out, and didn't get half the pictures I wanted to get in or comments.  So, who was selected by the judges for prizes?

Souglyy - Female Orc Survival Hunter (20k)

Noticed first off by the judges (and one of the favourites to win) was Souglyy.  She is wearing the Steadfast set, with Mantle of the Sea Wolf as her shoulders.  Bow is Melmorta's Twilight Longbow and weapon is mogged to Crystalfire staff.  For her back she is wearing Dark Leather Cloak.  She was using Deth'tilac as her pet - a perfect purple pet for her purple tinged mog!  Here are some of the comments from the judges in the livestream:
...I love that bow...
...I don't think you can do better than that really...
...I haven't seen anything that I could really critique in her outfit...
...She looks very comfy and packaged...
...Isn't that the MOST matching bow?...
...first winner for doing pretty impeccable Steadfast...

Leleli - female BE Combat Rogue (20k)

I was surprised to see a rogue wearing those shoulders, and the result was really pleasing, I thought!  I whispered her saying nice set, and she said she threw it together yesterday.  She is wearing Brutal Gladiator's Gloves and Legguards, Guardian's Leather Belt and Boots, Tunic of the Dark Hour, and Passive Resistor Spaulders.  And she had great weapon choices, she was dual wielding Falric's Wrist Chopper.  The Frostwolf Tabard also added a nice blue touch to the whole set. Here's some of the things they said in the Livestream:
...I think it's pretty interesting... 
...VERY nice...
...I LOVE the weapons, they match the set very well...
...I think Keelhaul would love those weapons as well because he's a huge weapon fanatic...
...There's nothing I can say that's wrong with that...


Ut - Female BE Combat Rogue (20k)

The judges really liked this look, with another rogue using druid elements in their transmog set.  She was wearing the same helm as me!  I really liked this set a lot.  I didn't get a very good shot of the matchign pet though... :( The judges were impressed with the use of Grizzly jerkin with the Dark Phoenix spaulders, and matching them to the some of the druid items Kilt of Immortal Nature, Belt of Primal Majesty, Guise of the Tidal Lurker, Barkchip boots. Shardtooth gloves was a great match, and she's using Blood Fury and Webbed Death as her weapons (though in the show she was using Emerald Ripper as her offhand, and they weren't that crash hot ).
Here are some of the comments from the Livestream: 
...This is really good, I really like it, it's a good mix and match isn't it...
...Wow I'm really impressed with this, how it all fits together...
...I think it definitely has a unique factor to it, I don't think we see this combination often...
...I really like it, did a good job...
...the eyes and earrings too, match the whole set...

Navimie - Female Tauren Resto Druid (15k)

And here's me!  I was wearing Guise of the Tidal Lurker, Shroud of Nature's Harmony, Green Workman's Shirt, Devilsaur Gauntlets, Belt of Slithering Serpents, Giant-Friend Kilt, Staff of the Forest Lord.  The judges really liked how the shirt went with the chest piece, as they didn't realise that I was wearing a shirt.  The head of my staff was a bit too shiny, too Sunwell, and not that druid like (even though I was trying to get rid of the yellow by adding extra druid healing sparkle with leaves with my mending enchant).  Comments from the livestream:
...the shirt's a fantastic choice, the shoulders are Season 5 I think?  They go perfectly...
...I really enjoy this set actually...
...It's good on a female tauren.  I like to see sets that really come out on the character models which are less human like - it can be a pain to work with but it can also bring out something interesting...
...I'm so impressed with the merging of the shirt, chest piece, kilt and the shoulders...
...It's quite interesting, the only thing that initially caught my eye and made me go hmmm was the head of the staff that Sunwell look, but if you actually go further down the staff, looking at the colour of the binding on the handle and the slight dirtied brown gold colour which actually matches the cloak and the gloves and some of the detail in the front of the chestpiece, then I'm kinda more impressed by it...


Manahungry - Male Troll Fire Mage (10k)

Ironyca really liked this look!  The hunched posture of the male troll made it a bit hard to look at things like the belt, but the staff goes really well with those shoulders.  Manahungry is wearing Shoulderpads of Knowledge's pursuit, Scarlet Sin'dorei Robes, Black Mageweave gloves, Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape, Beguiler Robes, Golden Staff of the Sin'dorei.  He was wearing the Renowned Guild tabard.  Comments from the livestream:
...impressive choice of the shoulders with that robe...
...he has the facial paint as well that matches with the shoulders...
...even his hair...
..the tabard does kind of fit the trim of the shoulders...
...ok, the just took off the tabard.  Heeeey, I think it's very nice!...
...I think he's really interesting looking...
...the handle of the staff matches with the red...


Roshii - Female orc assassination rogue (5k)

He was noticed first off by the judges as part of the "two orcs" (as he was next to Souglyy) but was let down by his weapons - he was using Fangs of the Father.  He is wearing Assasination Helm with pieces farmed from 25 man Ulduar - Shoulderpads of the Monolith, Winter's Icy Embrace, Gloves of the Blind Stalker, Belt of the Twilight Assassin, Leggings of Wavering Shadow, Flamestalker Boots.  The Warglaives have always looked good with that set and the judges came back and looked at him again, and had a lot of complimentary things to say!  However, because they are legendaries and not transmoggable, they may have been why he only got 5k.  Roshii was a popular favourite, with lots of fan tells at the end saying that his set was awesome and he deserved to win.
Comments from the livestream:
...She's got GLAIVES on now, did she have glaives on before? No she had the legendaries before. Yeah, exactly! (laughs) Like how could I have overlooked those glaives?... 
...flashy flashy...
...I think that outfit Roshii has chosen is a really good rogue outfit. It's probably the best and funnily enough it's not really a rogue set it's a non specific one... 
...just seeing Roshii this is a really good choice of rogue gear for the legendaries ...


Barkhoof - Male Tauren Feral Druid (5k)


Affectionately known in our guild as "Woofie", Barkhoof combined elements with Druid T13 chest, Feralheart gloves and belt, Vengeful Gladiator's Dragonhide Helm, Tusked ShoulderpadsMalevolence is the staff, and the judges thought it looked good from the front but from the back it was less impressive because of the purple.  I was thrilled that he came along - who knew that Woofie even cared about transmog? :D More druids RAWR!!!  Comments from the livestream:
...This is one of the sets where lots of colours are all around the place but they still come together - it's got a kind of brutal look - the skull, the staff, the shoulders - it's quite a deadly druid I think...
...Yeah, he's impressive...
...from the front I think it works, from the back, it works a little less...
...I like the originality, there's 4 different sources in the armour... 

Pufflle - Female BE Discipline Priest (5k)

The judges loved her hat and belt, which matched the Imbued Netherweave Robe really well.  The brown boots let her down a little, otherwise I think she would have been a 20k.  Comments from the livestream:
...It's very nice!  Imbued netherweave robes. Look at that belt!...
...Yes, that belt is perfect...
...That hat has that in between black and blue thing, it's hard to match it to black as it comes off too blue, and if you put it with blue it comes off too black, when actually it really matches here...
...I think she's done a very nice job with this robe...

Hazal -  Female Orc Elemental Shaman (5k)

Aza pointed her out to me when we were waiting for the contest to start, and I went over to look at her before the place got too packed out (she has a guildie who also won some cash later on).  Very fiery looking!  She was wearing the Engraved Mail set, with Merciless Epaulets, Ravager's Cloak, Drillborer Disk and Bloodskull Destroyer.  Interesting that they didn't like the shoulders - I think they thought a more powerful set would be better for a female orc (like Souglyy's choice).  But oh my, she had a scary orc face. Comments from the livestream:
...I know it's a set, a green set, but it still looks pretty cool to me...
...it's very nice, I like the choice of weaponry, the shield and the mace, although it's not 20k for me only because of the shoulders...
...shield's a very good choice, and the cloak looks pretty good, it's kinda buried under the shield so I can't see it...
...the mace goes pretty well with it, even the hilt of the mace...


Babettah - Female BE Discipline Priest (5k)

This skimpy outfit is the Barbaric Cloth robe, with Sage's gloves, Exquisite Spider silk Footwraps, Ternary Mantle, Eternal bindings, Sage's sash, and Scintillating Headdress of Second Sight with Spire of Defiance as the weapon.  I think the purple look is nice, and at first the white of the gloves was weird to me, but it did go with the shoulders and belt.  Probably one of the skimpiest outfits of the night. Comments from the livestream:
...the shoulders are a little bit off, but maybe it's trying to bring together the gloves...
...I see with the belt they're trying to match with the shoulders...
...it looks really good overall...
...it's one of those sets where you have to look at it further and you can see it all coming together...
...I'm very impressed by the staff choice...
...It's still worthy, noted...
...they have their firefly out which matches the theme as well...

Cymre -  Female BE Shadow Priest

I really like this look, with the whole grim reaper thing.  Cym was wearing Cowl of Benevolence, Amice of Brilliant Light, Ebonweave Robe, Cincture of Will, Ebonweave Gloves, Barbaric Cloth Boots, Frostscythe of Lord Ahune.  Comments from the livestream:
...the gloves and robe are intentional match, the belt is T4 match, but it goes pretty well with it...
...I always appreciate it when people put effort into the shoes...
...yeah there's some interesting things going on there.  It's like Manahungry a little bit where the shoulders and the head take off a little bit from the rest of the set.  But if you look at the little bits like the bands across the eyes, the same kind of brown that you see in chest on the side of the robe and so on, blue in the centre of the headpiece matches bits in the robe as well...


Zenhira - Male BE Holy Priest (5k)

Another priest!  He is also wearing the same helm as Cymre.  Zenhira is sporting Cowl of Benevolence, Mantle and Gloves of the Avatar, Garments of Temperance, Elegant Belt.  He was the one who had unbound his z key so he couldn't show his offhand!  They were wanting to see it, but he ended up having to logoff then come back on.  He was actually using the Maw of the Dragonlord unmogged, but the blue shining hilt looks really good with this set.  Comments from the livestream:
...I really like that belt choice as well...
...I don't think this has a matching belt, you're forced to find something, and it is indeed a good choice...
...if he had worn the matching shoulders to the set I would have set I would have said "recipe" but the choice of the shoulders brings it up a bit.
...it's a pretty good job with accessorising...
...not keybound?  ok no 20k for you then! (laughs)...

Itch - Male Goblin Warlock (5k)

Yay for a token goblin!  Itch is wearing one the Purple Trophy Tabard of the Illidari, which I remember well because it was used in Mog Madness round 4!  Itch is wearing Nemesis Spaulders, Robes and GlovesTentacular belt and Staff of the Infinite Mysteries.  The cloak really let them down, they judges made a few comments about it, and even offered some suggestions, hence why I've put a good frontal shot here so nobody can see the cloak!  I couldn't find him during the event, but fortunately located him AFTER the event and he was kind enough to pose for me.  Comments from the livestream:
...really nicely done with the tabard...
...the belt, it's not too bad, it's passable...
...the cloak's a little bit off, but the rest of it...
...if you look at him from the front it's a very striking look...


Athayis - Male BE Retribution Paladin

Another crappy shot that I took from the livestream - couldn't get a close up.  He was wearing Justicar Shoulderplates, Greaves and Breastplate, Gauntlets of Serene Blessing, Boots of Valiance, Girdle of Valorous Deeds, Mograine's Might is the weapon (not Hammer of the Naaru as said in the livestream).  He's put the Argent Crusade Tabard with it, which the judges liked as an accessory.  Comments from the livestream:
...the belt is an intentional match for the shoulders and so on, the chest is T4...
...2 pieces are recolour, the rest is a set...
...I think the tabard works well, kinda embodies a paladin...
...I like the weapon choice...

Silenrea - Female Tauren Discipline Priest (5k)

Dressed similarly to Zenhira, Silenrea was using Valorous Circle of Faith, with the Wings of the Avatar (T5), Garments of Temperance, Soulcloth Gloves, Evelyn's Belt, and wielding Hand of Righteousness (Elvine said Blesswind Hammer which is the same model) and Scepter of Purification.  Silenrea was very nice to me, as we were standing on the platform, she said a lot of very complimentary things about my outfit, and said I hope you win!  I think I even said "LOL like that's going to happen"... she ended up friending me by the end of the evening, I think she enjoyed chatting.  Comments from the livestream:
...the belt is a good choice, and the headpiece goes nicely...
...I think Zenhira's belt is a little better...
...if the had the Chalice that would be great...
...I appreciate that halo, it's very nice...
...yeah it's a very nice touch...

Sesenta - Female BE Shadow Priest

Sesenta's dark look was quite good IMO.  Very assassin like, and dark!  I would love to copy this outfit on a priest, espeically a shadow priest.  She was wearing Cowl and Shoulderpads of Absolution, with Netherweave tunic, pants and boots, Black mageweave gloves, Ghostweave belt.  Comments from the livestream:
...wow, I've never seen anyone do that before...
...look at that mace, how the glow has that neon blue purple thing and how that's mirrored around the top pieces...
...very unique, at least there's uniqueness going on here...
...the massive gold lump in the middle of the mace throws it off a little bit for me...
...it doesn't for me, I think it's a good one...
...the bracers woulda matched the gold of the mace...
...it's pretty interesting though, I think that offhand would go very well...


Braish - Male Tauren Fury Warrior (5k)


He was still levelling! The judges made positive comments about mogging while levelling "I can't stand looking ugly (laughs)" was a cute comment! The judges thought that the shoulders were a bit overwhelming.  He was wearing mostly the Overlord set, with his BOA cloak matching the set as well.  Ironyca didn't like his belt, though Elvine didn't seem to mind it.  Comments from the livestream:
...for it to have been a 20k from me, I would have wanted another belt...
...a better choice of shoulders...
...the weapons. As you said, the handles - the colour on the hilt is a good choice...
...it's not bad, I think it's pretty nice, and he's only level 68...
...Those shoulders are a little off for me...

Fillet - Female Tauren Unholy Death Knight

Interesting that they chose someone in a full set of Valorous Scourgeborne except for the chest.  That drew some criticism, though I think the weapons made it look good.  She was also using Bladed Steelboots, Shieldwarder Girdle and 2 Brutal Gladiator's Pummelers.  Perhaps it was the tabard which gave it extra oomph.  I think it might have been what pushed her into a prize.  Fillet also has a funny symbol above the i so I can't search for it properly!  She is in the same guild as Hazal, which made it easier for me to search for her in armory.  Comments from the livestream:
...oh wow...
...is that a full set though, recipe?...
...the tabard is great, the Dragonmaw one...
...oh they're missing the chest, the tabard is covering it...

Still craving more?  You can watch the archived video of the event done by Elvine here, or you can check out Çymre's post WoW Factor comes to Dath'Remar for a slightly different perspective.

I still have to laugh when Vishii told the judges the 100k winner and Elvine said on the livestream: "Oh wow, really?(laughs) Ok (laughs)."

And gosh, and I have to list all these terrible comments, it's just amazing how people can be such trolls!  Caylena said "Way to be a con-yay" though I didn't quite understand that comment.
-  dude, it's not even good.
- LOLOLOL That Xmog is fucking ugly
- seriously? for that?
- 120k for that s**t
- she looks like a knob in that gear
-F***ing rank I'd pick the starting gear that u get over that s**t

But the good thing was that I didn't get any abusive tells!  People were too busy saying it in /say or /yell so it could be seen on the livestream.  All the tells I got were congratulatory ones, and nice ones.  And lots of cheers and hugs from my fellow contestants.  That felt nice :)  And of course Vent was just full of the grats too!

Phew that was 2 days worth of post!  Collecting all these pics and scouring armory and the archived livestream took me AGES!!!

Comments

  1. I'll have to come back when I have more time to enjoy this. No wonder you disappeared for so long.

    I'm just glad you're back on the air, when there was no post this morning Effy and I were worried you'd been kidnapped by gypsies or something.

    And I still want to listen to the live feed too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are a stylish bunch! Cym as always looks elegant. Love that Goblin Warlock, Itch too.

    Souglyy and Roshii both look fantastic, I'm really partial to Orc females, they look great. Everyone does, I don't know how the judges manage to do it.

    And of course you look wonderful, off to feed the dogs and I'll watch the live feed after that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm normally allergic to male goblins, but I do rather like Itch's ensemble and like Ancient, I'm rather partial to female Orcs :p

    As for the trolls, I'd say jealousy at not getting the gold influenced all those comments. The colours go really well together and that shade of dark green plus the hat works really both for being Tauren and a Druid in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are such great outfits! Thanks for putting this together so that we could all get a closer look at the winners! Souglyy is definitely NOT "so ugly" in that set ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice follow up post on everyone. I missed a lot of the winners outfits that night as I was trying to keep my spot. Lot of heffers kept standing on top of me though. It was kind of funny watching the other 'would be' winners stand right next to you during your own commentary though.

    Thanks for highlighting my post too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @TotA - those orc females are fantastic looking I think :) And you and Effy are so cute, there was no post as I was working hard trying to get this one out!
    @Erinys - Thank you for the kind words Erinys :) I like green, and I am happy that someone other than me liked my costume (and that would include the judges who gave me the OMG so much money).
    @Kamalia - No she is definitely NOT so ugly :) I'll have to tell her you said that!
    @Cymre - I like you didn't get to see a lot of the outfits (though I did see them on the livestream) but it's funny how people see "OMG CAMERA!" and just plonk themselves in the middle of the screen to get on TV :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Navie "con-yay" I think might be referring to Kanye's crashing of MTV Awards in 2009

    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1621389/kanye-west-crashes-vma-stage-during-taylor-swifts-award-speech.jhtml

    - Toutie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(