Dath'remar WoW Factor Show

It was really exciting thinking about all the beautiful (and maybe not so beautiful) sets that we were going to see today.  It was quiet to start, and our guild staked out one side and plastered it with our banners.  Great guild turnout to see those of us who had entered this transmog competition.

We just had a few banners...
Then it became a bit ridiculous... people sitting behind banners couldn't see anymore!

But everyone is always late to a party, and it wasn't long before the place was packed out!  There were the usual idiots standing around in the middle blocking views, but the event didn't kick off for a good 15 minutes.  I saw Noelani standing in the corner, and Ironyca turned up too a bit later.  Elvine was there too so we could see the Livestream as well!  Only Keelhaul was missing (he was out with the kids he tweeted) or the whole WoW Factor would have been there.



So a fair few of us got handed 500g for turning up, which was pretty exciting.  I even got 2 lots of 500g, even though I said that I had already received some.  I even tried not to take it.

Souglyy caught their eye straight off!  She was a clear choice for 20k and they loved her shoulders, her bow colour matched perfectly!  We were all thrilled as we've always loved her set, so that was really fantastic!  Pity they couldn't see her pet, that would have taken the cake!  They went back to her a lot, and when she was on the Livestream we were on vent going "Baha they're looking at you!!! OMG they love you!"  They even mentioned that draenei on one of the previous WoW Factor Shows who was wearing the Steadfast set too, and we all thought Baha looked better because she matched more!

They had a look at Roshii too, saying that he looked great, but his weapons let him down.  He had his legendaries on.  Roshii changed to his Warglaives and they came back to him and one of the judges (I couldn't tell who the judge was - I assumed it was Noelani) said "Did she have that before?  How did I miss those massive warglaives?" and he got 5k - WOOO!  But him not wearing a cloak let him down I think.  I've always liked that set with the Warglaives - it doesn't look good with the Cata legendaries.  A shame they couldn't see it with the Corrupted Hippogryph because it is an amazing match.

And they came to me!  They liked my shirt - they seemed to think that it went really well with my chest.  However, they didn't like my staff - it was too blood-elf Sunwell like.  Ah well!  But I got a 5k out of it so that was exciting!  They made some nice comments about my attempts to match my colours of the gloves and my chest and the cloak.  It makes me giggle a bit about the shirt.  I forgot what I was making and accidentally made the Green martial shirt instead of the Green Workman's shirt.  And oof, that was a bad bad look.  They were the same mats!  And they both had green!

Barkhoof also got a 5k for his mog too!  They liked his mix of feralheart and current tier so that was really exciting!  Our guild really cleaned up this competition.


Cymre also got a 5k too.  They were a bit let down with her shoulder and helm for some reason but I did like them.  It was like a holy grim reaper look.  I actually love that hood.

A priest by the name of Silenrea was really good with her angel set.  She had a halo on her set, and there was a BE male I think with the same sorta look and they both got 5k.  Sev said later to me that he was hoping they didn't over look her, because she looked really good.


Hazal, an orc shaman, with an eyecatching red skimpy gear with a really scary face was also targetted for 5k.  We noticed her at the start, and I even went to look at her to take a picture before the contest started.


There were two rogues wearing druid stuff!  Ut, a Blood elf, was wearing the same helm and kilt as me but was wearing the rogue FL shoulders which look like bird heads which I like a lot, and also was wearing a grizzly jerkin which looks sexy and demon hunter like!  And the other blood elf rogue, Leleli, was wearing a blue set with the Druid Passive Resistor Spaulders and it was a good look.

There was Manahungry, this troll shaman near us that they seemed to like a lot - Noelani(?) really liked him!  He got 5k as well, and I really liked his shoulders and his weapons.  Trolls are hard, with that hunchback look.  At the end, they had 15k left, and they came back to me and him, and wanted to give us a bit extra.  I ended up getting 10k and he got an extra 5k, so that was exciting!


After that, everyone was called to go up to Garrosh's platform so Vishii could have a good look at everyone and make the 100k final decision!  Silenrea was whispering me telling me she liked my mog, and I thanked her.  I was actually busy typing my blog post and editing pictures when my headset went wild with people saying "Navi, it's you!"  I'm like "What?"  because with all the vent chatter, I couldn't hear the Livestream.  And it was no joke.  Vishii actually chose ME.  ME!  I was stunned.  OMG what do I say?  I said what anybody else would say...

"OMG OMG OMG"

And of course there was heaps of outcry.  I chose to ignore all the comments about how crap my mog was, and Roshii had one fanboy screaming he should have won or Souglyy should have won - I really thought Souglyy was going to win because I was even WRITING about it when they announced me as a winner.  OMG I was totally overwhelmed, I was stunned!


I have to admit it is so much HARDER to be the winner.  Because EVERYONE is going to look at you and say how shit your mog was compared to someone else.  Roshii told me later that there were some really horrible bad comments, and I didn't see them at all.  Probably because for every bad comment I had a whole heap of congratulations from lots of other people - many of the other winners.  And that was nice.  Focus on the good right, not the bad?  Roshii had lots of tells saying that he should have won, and I'm sure Souglyy and Ut did as well!  But for whatever reason, Vishii chose me, and I have to say a huge massive thanks to Vishii/Squalli and Rojak for organising this awesome event, it was so fun to be just there for it! Thanks to the judges for the highly entertaining commentary on the Livestream, that was really fun.  All of us were glued to the Livestream and screaming in guild and MOTD was going crazy!



So what am I going to do with 100k?  Well, I have no idea.  I did think about buying the LK mount... but I think I'll just hold onto it for now until some rainy day thing comes along.


Great work Frostwolves!  I wonder if we'll now get a reputation for being a fashionable guild? :D

Check out the winners and commentary on the winners by the judges here
In depth: Rojak's WoW Factor Dath'remar Transmog competition

Comments

  1. Congrats again, hard to miss my pst here, as well as to another of your guildies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly Navi!!! That's awesome! Grats!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, was that AWESOME being on when you won. I wish I had still been watching the stream at that point. Remind me again why you didn't enter Mog Madness? :p

    I really wanted to tell everyone the awesome news on Real ID, but it wasn't my place to do so. Ever since I have been patiently waiting for this post. Well done once again!

    Ignore the haters who are going to be jealous (and clearly better judges) but won't run their own contest, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot WOOT
    OMG GRatz Grats Grats Navi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Navi! That is tremendous, you good looking Tauren you! I so wish I could have been there to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Navi, that is awesome! Go you, and go Frostwolves! You guys are a super stylish bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!

    As J.D says, ignore the haters. Transmogrification is such a personal thing (as with all fashion and style related stuff), there are always going to be disagreements and you've also got jealousy to add into the mix... so pay no attention to them.

    What chest are you wearing btw? It goes really well with the helm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And Azeroth's next Top Model is...........

    NAVIMIE

    Congratulations Navi, I just wished I could have stayed up till the end, but you know, old people.

    I really liked Baha's outfit as well, cause she made an orc look sexy in that gear.

    Ayelena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Navimie, congratulations to you and your fellow Frostwolves on your wins. You guys certainly turned up some excellent outfits. I'm glad we decided to attend the event, even if we only had 24 hours notice.

    For some clarification on the judge identities today: Of the males, Elvine is the American, I'm the English one, and for the females, Caylena is the American, Ironyca is the other (aka Danish).

    P.S. It was Ironyca who was utterly obsessed with Manahungry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Massive congratz Navi! :) It was so much fun to be involved in it, I had a blast!

    Souglyy (Baha)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone for the congratulations! This post felt a bit half assed because I was frantically trying to get it out before I went to bed, and I feel like I forgot to write so much! I think I'll have to make a follow up post so I can finish all the things I wanted to say.

    @Cymre - TY :) I think the competition was a great way to finish up your birthday - what better way to close than to write about transmog, one of your fave things?
    @Euphy - TY! :)
    @JD - Oh my when I was screaming at you in caps I was still half mind numbed from thinking who what where how! I must have sounded like a crazy bat lady! But I was glad you were on so I could let you know, even if I filled your screen with yelling :) Oh and um, I didn't enter Mog madness because I misunderstood the rules... >< I'll tell you later
    @Pando - TY! OMG I still can't believe it!
    @TotA - You can watch it on Livestream if you wanna sit through 2 hours of talking :) and TY!
    @Kamalia - TY! OMG I still feel like they made some kind of mistake....
    @Erinys - TY! I know there will always be haters - I think about what I would say to my friends if the positions were reversed - and I would say focus on the positive, your choices were good and you can't please everyone. That chest is Shroud of Nature's Harmony, a justice point purchase from Shattrath.
    @Ayelena - TY Ayel, oh that's ok, you got to see a lot of it and be part of the whole guild excitement. And I do agree, I think Baha looked fantastic.
    @Noelani - TY and we all had a great time. Oh my, I have the identities of the judges all WRONG! I don't think I had ANY of them right... oh god, Noelani was a male...
    @Souglyy - TY and a massive grats to you as well! Gosh it must have been so frustrating for you lagging on the livestream listening to us congratulating you and telling you what was happening and you're like... I'm NOT THERE YET!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATULATIONS! Hey baby -- let's go to Vegas and blow the wad! (Hope that doesn't get misinterpreted in the translation/idioms)--LOL! If I could award you 100K for your INNER beauty too, I would! Kisses, kisses and hugs! Rock 'it girl!

    Matty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Matty - I have no idea what I'd blow my wad on! I think I'll just be an old fuddy duddy and hide it in my sock drawer. Oops, now you all know my hiding spot!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. @Hwired - Thanks Hwired, I heard you chose dinner date over a fashion show - pfft!

      Delete
  14. @Navimie - No worries, there's a lot of judges to keep track of!

    Plus I can understand the confusion, being that I use the name of one of my female characters for my transmog pseudonym.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grats nav -Roshii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Roshii - and grats to YOU! You had more people say how great you were than I did :) I think...

      Delete
  16. Grats Navi, Baha & Roshii :)

    I know there will be an expensive panther mount in MoP so that's one thing to save for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Fue - You forgot Woofie! Gosh I heard that mount is 1 million gold so I'll need to win 10 competitions before I can do get that....

      Delete
  17. Omg grats! You guys look awesome! You made me wanna transfer to Frostwolve!! Too many hip happening thingy there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cate - TY so much! You don't need to do that, you can make it all happen on your server too! Cough up that 300k gold /grin

      Delete
    2. Aww my server is not fun!No one interested in transmorg,just a few maybe :(

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. @McTacky - your support during the event was awesome Tacky! Best guild cheerleader ever.

      Delete
  19. Definitely was worth staying up late for that! And to see so many of our guildies there who entered and the ones who supported (cheer support teams =D)!
    Grats again Navi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Faith - I'm so glad you managed to stay up for it Faith! You hung out till that last minute before you collapsed of exhaustion :)

      Delete
  20. Congratulations Navi! That's so lovely :) all the people in your post looked great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ara - TY Ara, there are more pretty pics to come!

      Delete
  21. Grats all, and GRATS NAVI.

    (was it Sat night or Sun night??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Navi's ahead of me in time zones, so it would have been Sunday evening.

      And Navi, you KNOW I'm expecting you in the next event now. ;)

      Delete
    2. @JD - Are you kidding, I should be retiring at the PEAK of my career! :P

      Delete
  22. you should put a photo on our guild forum page =D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Grats Nav, Baha, Roshii & Gley.

    ReplyDelete
  24. feels a bit silly typing it on a blog after saying it a few times IRl

    but now its official!

    GRATS NAVIE BAHA ROSHIII WOOFIE!

    - Tout :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Tout - All good, at least you can say there was PROOF you said it, right? :) And TY again from all of us!

      Delete
  25. It was nice chatting to you and I was thrilled it was someone I knew, that was getting the 100k. I really enjoyed sitting back and getting absorbed in the tense moments just before the announcement.

    Really impressed with your guild turning up so strong and good looking. I have all names turned off, so I didn't even notice until you all posed on your mounts at the end, that you were guilded, haha!

    I don't know when Elvine turned off the livestream, but we did see Roshii on the hyppogryph and even commented about it, I hope we were still live at that time!

    I'm glad you just ignored the bad coming your way. We got angry comments too the few times we've chosen one grand winner, because some people don't agree, but people are NEVER going to agree 100%, so whatever :D

    Grats again on your big win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ironyca - I actually hadn't noticed ANY of the bad comments until I rewatched the archived video. OMG, the hate! I did appreciate your comments on how people should be behaving, I thought that having a few now that you would be expert at dealing with those awful trolls and disgruntled people. I'm glad you saw Roshii on his Corrupted Hippogryph, the colour is such a perfect match (in fact I told Roshii that would go with my outfit too but I was banned from getting one).

      Gosh, now people will say I rigged it because I knew a judge! :D But they'll KNOW it's not true because you had nothing to do with Vishii's choice, and besides, it was just as well you were rooting for Manahungry anyway - no favouritism from your side :)

      TY again for the grats! Sorry I haven't sent you any pics but feel free to choose some from the follow up post I'm doing.

      Delete
  26. Replies
    1. @Arvash - OMG is that Arv of the prancing ponies? :) TY Arv :)

      Delete
  27. OMG look what happens when I don't look at my blog for one day! I'll go back and individually reply each comment because it's all lost if I put it waaaaaay down here!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Woah! That is huge! Congratulations to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, grats on the win, yeah ignore the haters, Vishii choosed you... she said she love the way everything goes nicely together without looking bad ass and mean... was her choice alone. She does transmorg alot of her toons to so she probally has my taste then me.
    Oh by the way I am Sqqualli and yeap enjoy your hard earned winnings, I am a jewelery crafter in game and made alot of money from the server, so just giving back to the community. Again grats

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Toki - TY! I know, I've never seen so much gold in my life!
    @Sqqualli - Ty for visiting! And Ty for your gift back to the community, it was such a fantastic occasion (I would still say that even if I didn't win) and I hope you both enjoy D3. If you ever come back, and you need some cash, I think you'll know where to find some :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Holy shit!! Grats!! As I was reading the post I didn't realize you were leading up to winning so halfway through I was just like you: OMG OMG OMG. The other outfits were amazing too! The good thing about a beauty fashion contest is that the audience can't lose :D That orc in the redgold outfit though...so amazing *_* hehe

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Akabeko - TY Aka it was SO OMG I could hardly talk or type for that matter! And I was writing the post during the show, so that's why it's written like a lead up because at the start of that post I didn't know I'd won :)
    I like that comment - the audience can't lose! I'll have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(