Highlights of the Week from my Blogroll March 11, 2012

Apple Cider Mage has shared an emotional post (again), with Learned Helplessness: A Cage called Harrassment.  If you didn't know, Apple Cider Mage is often a topic starter, she writes a lot of feminist stuff (as in empowering the female), and won a Piggy Award last year for Most Noticed Blogger Breakthrough.

And something a little bit more of interest to ME is that Perculia has done an awesome post on Wowhead Blog with Frostbitten: Guide to all rares, Part 2.  And I mean ALL rares, with nice loots that drop from each all nicely organised by level.  I only wish I could be that smart!  Perculia has done a few rares posts for Wowhead's blog, and this one is no exception.

I've noticed a bit of the end of expansion melancholy going around.  My friends Effraeti and Mataoka have it, and a lot of blogs are dying down in activity.  Having watched each expansion come out, I have to say I notice the lethargy and melancholia more in game, but since this is the first time I'm actively blogging and watching out there, it seems to affect the blog community too.  I guess I am used to seeing it, and there isn't much to do about it except find something else to do that keeps you cheery (hard when I'm trying to get raids to run and players have the "I don't feel like logging in" feeling) but just a reminder to all that a slowdown at the end of an expansion is NORMAL, and jumping ship for more activity may not be the smartest thing to do at the end of an expansion.  Lots of less active guilds pack up and die at this time too.  It's the cycle of expansion life.

Comments

  1. Thanks for letting me know about that guide to rares, one of my next projects is to install SilverDragon and try to find some of these guys.

    But right now my first priority is getting at least one Horde character to 85, Forsaken's almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TotA - Woo! GoGo Forsaken Ancient!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(