Highlights of the Week from my Blogroll January 8, 2012

I just realised that I didn't post a weekly highlights last week, so I didn't get to say Happy New Year readers!

This week's highlights are all related to the positive aspects of gaming.

Tome of the Ancient linked a post from Mataoka of Sugar and Blood about "Level up life: Gaming can Enhance your Reality".  Basically it's talking about how you act in the real world how you would act in a game.  It's called "Game transfer phenomenon" - and examples would be like crossing the road in Frogger, waving your arm to open the door like in some Wii game, or turning your steering wheel in a Mario Kart type manoeuvre (which was what the author of the article did and it saved their life.. maybe).  It is quite a positive article, talking about enhanced hand-eye coordination, and perception and cognition.

Big Bear Butt talked about Bears and Cubs.  It's about BBB giving his young son WoW for Christmas.  Because he let his son play a trial account, and his son didn't like it anymore because it didn't do what Dad's account does - talk to people, make a Worgen, can't trade, can't be in a guild.  So BBB took advantage of the Christmas sale over at Blizzard and got the whole lot for $35.  I love how he talked about his son playing.  It reminded me of my daughter playing WoW, and she is younger than BBB's son.  That article I wrote was ages ago! I hope she likes WoW too when she is that age.  But how could she not, when mummy is on it all the time?

Comments

  1. It's always so nice to find a mention of gaming that's positive, see, I'm improving myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @tomeoftheancient - that's what I tell myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(