Chimaeron

Ugh, the attempts we've had on 25 man on Chimaeron have been painful.  Melf says it's not a healer fight, it's a dps fight, but really it is a healer fight I think.

I think the hardest part for me is that it's a fight where I feel totally useless.  You have to keep the raid about 10k, but with hots it takes me about 3-5 seconds to do that, but we really need to get heals out under 2 seconds because some people get hit with caustic slime and then if you get hit with a massacre soon after then they go splat.

I read a couple of forums, some of which said it was a druid unfriendly fight, and that they are best left on tank heals while everyone else does raid.

Phase 2 however is a bit different, we have to time all our mass healing cooldowns so we can hit as many people as possible, as everyone has to stand together and get healed up before we get hit by poison bombs.

So far I haven't been able to coordinate the healers properly for it.  And being so disheartened over it I haven't really felt like it, but I think I'll have to start taking a more active role in allocating.  Melfina always makes things hard during raid because he always knows best and doesn't listen to what I say (because he's done it before - though we have our suspicions!)... but I guess I'll just have to go with druid on tanks, and break it up into groups again for healing.

Feraltree had some nice healtips - have a read. Gonna add that Low Health debuff and see if it works.

Comments