Fail Friday - How being a bad parent makes a good story

Last Saturday I was busy doing world quests and dungeons and before I knew it, it was like almost 5pm. I had done some of my chores in the morning but there was still a load of washing that had just finished in the machine which I hadn't hung up yet.

Hyad wasn't much better, he was playing PS4 with his friends and he forgot about dinner too.

The kids were on either side of me, my daughter playing Roblox on her laptop, my son playing Fortnite on his computer. He turned to me and said "Mum, what's for dinner?"

"I don't know," I said, absently, as I killed some mobs. "Ask your father."

"I haven't prepared anything!" Hyad piped up. "You kids can have anything you want for dinner."

"ANYTHING?" asked my daughter.

"I want McDonalds!" said my son.


I looked at my son and said, "If you want McDonalds, you need to go get the laundry out of the washing machine and hang it up."

Instantly both kids were out of their chairs, scrambling to do the laundry. Proudly they returned in 10 minutes declaring they were done, and could they go get their McDonalds now. Hubby took them whilst I quickly went upstairs to check they actually had done it.

So, I played computer games ALL DAY. I did not cook any dinner. I did not finish my chores. I made my kids do the laundry and they ate Maccas for dinner. I am the worst parent ever. Yet I am also the best parent ever because that is the ultimate in laziness.

I'm so bad, I'm funny :D

Comments

  1. Honestly, this was obviously a treat for them, so I think you're in the running for Best Parent of the Weeeek or something or at least Best Mom. Something that motivates them to do laundry is pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. work=reward.
    its a life lesson for the kids
    & anyway, everyone needs a break from time to time. you are no different.
    the golden arches are ok if used as a treat.
    just enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I eat Maccas a lot. I tell you, doctors have the worst diets.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(