Raiding - Down with the evil eye tree!

It's a new raid week and we were keen to get our teeth into Il'gynoth again. Ram had told me I should be more organised, and I do admit I had been a bit lazy about organising heals as we were still learning and I hadn't quite figured out whose cooldowns were good yet.

There were no South Australians in the raid because the power grid for the state had been knocked out and unlikely to be back in time for raid. Bummer!

We had a hiccup with Nythendra because there was a miscommunication about how we were placing our rots. Swapping sides for rot placement was understood by me as "start out on this left side placing rots, run to right side as safe side for bugs, then when rot starts again start placing rots on the side we were on and then run back to left for safe side". It was understood by Kyxyn and HK to be "start out on this left side placing the rots, run to the right side for safe side, then run back to the original side for the rots."

So we ended up with rots on both side of the room and no safe place to be really and Kyxyn got a bit cranky but soon calmed down as everyone piped up with the reason why we should be doing it the first way. Which was the way we did it last week, and eventually we got it down.

So back to Evil tree Il'gynoth. This time I assigned healers to each side and we had rainbow walls to tell people to run outside of those to do their spews. My side spews went well, and I was pleased I managed to catch them. Control on blobs was getting better too. I was trying my best with the dispels but I really need to fix my healbot debuffs because the fixate is blotting out all debuffs on that fight, and I can't see the debuffs that I need to decurse, nor can I see who has spew on them unless I manage to read the raid warnings. I should look into that and fix it before next week.

We were doing the first part tidily, it was the second part after we run out from inside the tree that was a bit hectic. Tentacles everywhere, mind flays hitting people, everyone with some debuff on them - I had done so many decurses that I was OOM and struggling for mana again! Thank goodness the shadow priests were there to help out - though I nearly matched them for dispels!

In our kill attempt we managed to have just about everyone up for the second inside the tree phase and then it was GG!


That picture came out funny. I should have made it a better aspect ratio! Saralynn was not in the picture for some reason having hearthed out to do ... who knows what. But I was lucky and got loot and I bonus rolled a loot! It looks like that's my luck used up for the week!

No legendaries however, what a shame! On Thursday night we will be looking at Ursoc - I'm telling you, looking at all these druid related things gone bad is making me a very very sad Tauren!

Comments