Raiding - Weather may be hot, but raiding was not!

With the sweltering temperatures that Australia had yesterday, especially in the southern parts, people were hot and bothered.  I feel really sorry for the raiders who didn't have air-conditioning in the rooms where their powerhouse heat generating computers were - Sabre didn't even login, because his computer is in his garage, and even Wednesday was too hot for him to handle.

  


The warlocks were raiding without pants much to my (mental) chagrin as images of sweaty butts on seats whilst avoiding fire in Thok made me alternate between a cringe and a giggle. So poor Cranked was forced to DPS as my DPS is still way sub-par, and Morz's DPS is somewhere in between the two of us.

It was tragic from the start of the raid - I died in Spoils as I couldn't get rid of my bomb - the icon disappeared!!!  I could hear the timer but I couldn't see the button anymore and I just blew up - Az could see it on me and Sev had to come across and rez me (Aza's rez was on cooldown), and somehow everyone managed to survive.  Then, Kyxyn disconnected... that was bad!  Fortunately, Az was levelheaded and the 4 of us stuck to opening small boxes as we frantically waited for Kyxyn to log back in and the occasional medium box, and the others started to come across as soon as they were done - fortunately Kyxyn wasn't offline for long and we managed to get it done in time.

Then it was onto Blackfuse and as usual the trash owned us.  Blackfuse himself wasn't that terrible though it was a little more hairy than normal.  Kyxyn walked away with a ring.  Thok was ... interesting.  With no hunter, we had a big gimp in DPS, and I don't think Morz had ever healed it with us before, so we tried to 2 heal it.  There was some misunderstanding at the beginning - Cranked asked if we wanted lust at the beginning and Kyxyn said yes. Then we started and he forgot to lust.  Well, that was ok, we said we'll save it for the end.  But we didn't do as well as we normally did and then we ended up wiping as Cranked got killed when the caged guy came out where he was standing and Thok squashed him and then Kyxyn died from I don't know what.  So the next attempt it wasn't made quite clear that they wanted lust from the start - Kyxyn said it but people may not have heard, and so we started and there was no lust. I don't remember what happened and we wiped.  So the third go, Kyxyn put on his Wash-your-face voice and said "no more mistakes please and lust from go". Cranked switched to heals and finally it went down.  Lucky me got Tier helm and Aimei got a neck.

Paragons... was abyssmal! We made a few mistakes - people not getting into the Aim line properly... clumping up in the aim line... not DPSing the amber fast enough... Sev getting kunchonged and dying... tank picking up the scorpion ability... and several wipes later we got it down.  I felt embarrassed in that because I had been teasing Triarchi that they had 2 dead in Paragons and since when do people die in Paragons except by death-by-Kunchong? Just goes to show that I should just keep my mouth shut!

Weather across the board in Australia will be cooler from the weekend, so here's hoping that on Monday we're going to have some decent attempts on Garrosh and maybe even a kill.  And those locks better have their raiding pants on otherwise I'll have mental images of ... well, best left unsaid /grin.  LOL.

Comments

  1. So weird to think that the roads in Australia are melting right after we had record breaking lows here last week. Raiding in the heat is worse than raiding when it's cold though. When it's cold, I have an excuse to sit wrapped up with a blanket and cat on lap. When it's hot...ugh. I can't even stand wearing my headset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faye! It's good to see you! I must rush over to your blog and see what you've been up to - I haven't seen you for more than a year - hope you've been well :)

      Delete
  2. Navimie! can you tell me what the script code of the hover wowhead gear items you did there? I know i had it before but i forgot now =( im just updating my blog so i need all help i can get. thanks hon! i appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amerence! It's in Wowhead, under the Tools dropdown menu, select Tooltips. It will give you a script to cut and paste into your post. I'll post the link here in case you can't find it!
      http://www.wowhead.com/tooltips

      Delete
  3. I didn't even login on the hotdays in Aus. My laptop gets darn warm anyway, and with 4x days of 40+ it was all our house could do to not just sit still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your poor laptop would have died in the heat! Or you would have with all the extra heat!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(